It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do poor women have a right to have children

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

People have always felt they could do anything.

People have always been okay with society helping them.

People have always had kids they couldn’t afford.

You are not nearly as insightful and full of wisdom as you fancy yourself. No, people shouldn’t do things they can’t afford to do. Whether that’s have kids or buy houses or have pets or not pay their rent in lieu of a night on the town. Could’ve said that ten pages ago and this thread would’ve been over aside from all the back slapping from you and a few others who will whine about it but have precisely zero response to anybody when you’re pressed for a solution.

Get over it.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

People have always felt they could do anything.

People have always been okay with society helping them.

People have always had kids they couldn’t afford.

You are not nearly as insightful and full of wisdom as you fancy yourself. No, people shouldn’t do things they can’t afford to do. Whether that’s have kids or buy houses or have pets or not pay their rent in lieu of a night on the town. Could’ve said that ten pages ago and this thread would’ve been over aside from all the back slapping from you and a few others who will whine about it but have precisely zero response to anybody when you’re pressed for a solution.

Get over it.

You must not be very old. Time has indeed changed.
I've seen it with my own eyes.
Sure there have always been poor people, but something has changed. People have changed.

There was a time when there was shame. You actually felt bad if you couldn't provide, you felt lower than a worm if you couldn't feed your kids. Now people are almost proud of it.
Just questioning it is enough to make people crazy now.

You know the solution as well as I, stop taking from those that work to give to those that don't. Stop punishing the responsible with the burden of the irresponsible.
It's simple.
Starvation is a motivator, poverty with zero help is a motivator, shame is a motivator. We have taken all those natural motivators away.

My other guess is those inflamed, angered and don't even want to talk about this topic are those said people enjoying the fruits other peoples labor.
edit on 8-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No, people shouldn’t do things they can’t afford to do. Whether that’s have kids or buy houses or have pets or not pay their rent in lieu of a night on the town.

Buying a house, rent, night out you compare these things to a hungry unloved cold child?

Who fills our prisons?

Why can't you think about what is best for the kids and not what People want?
I know People won't change but that does not make it right!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

" Should be people that are incapable of providing basic needs for their children. "

Simple Answer , Yes ..... What Man or Woman on this God's Green Earth TODAY can Even Imagine they have Some Obscure " Inalienable Right " to Deny or Prevent Another Human Being from the Basic Biological Function of Procreation > ? The Idea of " Genocide " comes Out in the Open here IMO , but the Glaring Problem with this Profound Question though is this ........ Who Exactly Created an Environment that Forced some People in this Country to become " Needy " in the First Place > ? Answer - Look in the Damn Mirror My " Fellow Americans " ..............(

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

to Deny or Prevent Another Human Being from the Basic Biological Function of Procreation

I assume you would not deny them abortion then.

Genocide

So now not giving birth means wiping out a People?

"the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation"

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

to Deny or Prevent Another Human Being from the Basic Biological Function of Procreation

Genocide

"the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation"

Yes , I Would . Abortion is the Murder of Ones OWN Unborn Prodigy for Obvious Selfish Reasons . Care to Continue a Debate on that Forthright Proclamation here " Sea Worthy " Concerning the Moral Repercussions of that Self Evident Belief > ? I am All " Viewing Monitor " With Baited Breath Sir/Madam/Whatever ..........

By the Way , I'm a Man , and I can't Help but Love you So in a " Christian " Sense that is ............

edit on 8-9-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Lol... theres probably enough tossed out into the dumpsters behind the grocery stores to feed a few of them..

What I am finding disturbing is just how close some seem to be willing to venture towards practices that were at one time practiced but are no longer seen as humane treatment for the human race.
Even in colonial times, society saw the need to help out the disadvantaged. Queen Victoria saw fit to try to alleviate the poverty in england. It wasn't a new idea that popped up in the last 60 years or so. And, like I pointed out a few times already, family size has shrunk from what they were in previous generations. Mainly because women have for the most part embraced the idea of family planning.
Abortions have been steadily falling.
Matter of fact, about the only thing that has been on the increase if maternal deaths probably because people just cant seem to keep their noses out of womens reproductive health!!!
Men dont get the final say when it comes to whether or not their baby momma gets an abortion because it's a womens healthcare concern while it doesnt directly affect the mans health one bit.
And no one can decide what kind of birth control she should be on because it concerns her healthcare. It's something only she can decide, after consulting with medical professionals. The ops solution was to just start forcing women onto hormonal birth control which is not a suitable choice for every women..
And, if you eliminate the hormones, what do you end up with outside of spermacides, condoms? Both of which you can give them, but lol...how are you gonna make sure they use them? How do you prove if a pregnancy did occur it was because they opted not to?
Just how intrusive and barbaric do you wish to go to ensure those you feel shouldn't reproduce dont? And, why are men so often left out as being a part of the solution?
I mean, those hormones come with some negative side effects which women have been putting up with through a good part of their child bearing years for the last half a century or so... while men whine if the are expected to put on a condom. WTF.. get off women"s case!!
Men need to grow up!!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Naw mate i pay for both my children, always have done always will do, no matter what and before anything else.

I don't, however, feel the need to punt mad eugenics bull crap in poor peoples direction.

Without the poor, the rich are quite frankly fecked, and money ain't everything.

Just as any poor person will tell you. x

edit on 8-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Yeah, of course they have a right to have kids. They don't have a right to your money or service in taking care of them, but yeah it's a god given right.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

There is a difference between thinking and questioning whether or not poverty-stricken human beings have the right to breed.

If we are going to go down that avenue inbred stupid over-privileged rich twats should not be allowed to waste air nether.

Slippery slope, one best just not traveled.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

If hard times meant you shouldn't have children, then we wouldn't exist as a species today. Even if a family had to live in a tent in the woods and forage for food it is our inherent responsibility to procreate.

There's nothing wrong from seeking handouts from willing persons. As long as charity is not government mandated and people can freely choose whether to provide handouts, then it's fine.

Think of all the successful people who would never have had a chance if their parents felt it was irresponsible to have children while impoverished during the great depression. I myself might never have been born.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The main problem is the word "entltlement" and all that comes with it. It seems to have replaced "responsibility" and all *that* word implies.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If a mad max event were to hit tomorrow, I would put my money on the lower class people surviving and ensuring the continuance of the human race before the rich upper class. They at least have had to cook their own meals, wash their own clothes, clean up their own danged messes.. all the rich know how to do is pay their servants to do everything for them. Take away their money, they would probably be less adept to living than a 5 year old street kid!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Mate if Brexit hits hard and/or goes funny.

I think a lot of us will be going fat Tory hunting around this here neck of the woods.

I'm thinking spit-roasted over an open fire and a few of them might make right good eating if they are done well enough.

edit on 8-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The main problem is the word "entltlement" and all that comes with it. It seems to have replaced "responsibility" and all *that* word implies.

Entltlement - the feeling that you have the right to do or have what you want without having to work for it or deserve it, just because of who you are .

Ah Yeah , that Sheet don't Stink or What > ?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

There should be a picture of a rich twat next to that description because thats them in spades.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Genocide

Yes , I Would . Abortion is the Murder of Ones OWN Unborn Prodigy for Obvious Selfish Reasons . Care to Continue a Debate on that Forthright Proclamation here " Sea Worthy " Concerning the Moral Repercussions of that Self Evident Belief > ? I am All " Viewing Monitor " With Baited Breath Sir/Madam/Whatever ..........

By the Way , I'm a Man , and I can't Help but Love you So in a " Christian " Sense that is ............

Thank you I love you as a Christian also.

Having lived a long long time, I have seen to many people I know commit suicide, from Families on welfare, with the feeling of not being loved, with hopelessness with parents who gave them drugs to "help them sleep" so they would shut up since babyhood..
I know all to well the suffering of the unwanted who came because someone wanted the check, didn't care enough not to get pregnant or need a useful creature for other reasons.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

If a mad max event were to hit tomorrow, I would put my money on the lower class people surviving and ensuring the continuance of the human race before the rich upper class. They at least have had to cook their own meals, wash their own clothes, clean up their own danged messes.. all the rich know how to do is pay their servants to do everything for them. Take away their money, they would probably be less adept to living than a 5 year old street kid!

Slayer wrote a song about this it's called skeletons of society. One of the lines goes something like , the rich become the beggars and the beggars become the wise.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

OK , I can Give you Something to " Relate " to that Concept ....A Sec.....

Give me that Bittch , I'm Outta Here ! ..........Ahhh......

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think this falls under the banner of “just because you can do something, doesn’t make it a good idea to do it.”

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join