It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do poor women have a right to have children

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

That all sounds great...
But, like you said, this isnt a perfect world...
And. One night stand jack and one night stand jill just dont seem to be listening to your words of wisdom or mine, or anyone.
Would like to point out that it kind of sounds like it took a village to raise you and your siblings? Not one strong single women alone?
It seems that the community spirit of many villages has been exorcised from the human domain leaving a fend for yourselves, not with my money world. And, that world doesnt see how its responsible for anyone's kids, laying the responsibility fully on the shoulders of the mother or trying to.
So now they want to somehow keep those women who cant fulfill that responsibility all by their lonesome from having more kids. And, you sound like you think the men should get to just skip away from that one too?
It has always taken a village, extended family to raise the kids even when mom and dad were doing their part, the problem is the extended family has been broken up and spread across the country and the village doesnt want to be bothered, so can we at least nueter the bitches? (I am using this word deliberately, if people want to treat women like domesticated animals let's use the terminology that is most suitable. ) just to make sure our studs out there in the field only reproduce with those of the finest pedigree...
If that dont work, can we section off a small portion of the pasture for just the bulls and keep segregated from the females and little ones? I hear that works for some farm animals.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You have the right to have children. You have the responsibility to care for them.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

rah rah, lets support state mandated chemical castrations on those we deem not "Worthy" to have children by our own standards..

Doesn't sound like that's ever been one before, right?

*sound of jackboots down the hall gets louder*

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

Next thing you know it's all brown shirts and people getting there heads measured to decide if they are pure enough to exist.

Point of fact, all the same, the U.K and U.S.A both practiced the obscene art of eugenics right up until the end of the 1960s.

So it's not just Nazi Germany thats synonymous with such.

Never really went away if truth be told.
edit on 8-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Some places still practice it. How else do you "eliminate" things like Down's Syndrome in your population?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, we can screen for the likes Down's Syndrome now and many other genetic disorders.

Down's syndrome is caused by an extra chromosome in a baby's cells.

In most cases, this is not inherited but simply the result of a one-off genetic change in the sperm or egg.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I am not suggesting that women be dependent on men for all that. I was pointing out to those here who suggest that poor women shouldn't be allowed to have children, that if it weren't for men abandoning the mothers and babies in the first place then their taxes wouldn't be supporting the single mothers and their kids.

They suggest forcing poor women to have contraceptive implants so they can't breed, and I thought that if they think doing such a thing to women is acceptable, then it's likely they would also be open to the suggestion that perhaps it is instead men that should be implanted with chemicals for contraception until they bring evidence they can and will support a child, even if they abandon it.

I don't understand why it's assumed just poor women are to blame for creating welfare-dependent single-mother families, but not a word about males that not only abandon their financial obligations to the children they enjoy creating, but they choose to abandon their family altogether and are not present or a part of it at all - the attitude is that taxpayers can pay for them and the women can raise them. Everyone take responsibility, but not men. Why?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Of course they have the legal right to have children. But they shouldn’t. Not when the rest of us have to pay for their children and the not infrequent problems these children have and inflict on society. The Mike Judge movie “Idiocracy,” while obviously exaggerated, hints at what happens when those who are middle class or higher — and statistically better educated — stop having children while poor folk continue to breed prolifically. Starting with LBJ’s Great Society program and the War on Poverty, we’ve been subsidizing poor people to have children, while responsible people wait until they can afford them. I’m convinced Americans in general are becoming less intelligent and responsible. It’s apparent every time I venture out of the house. Fat and trashy people everywhere.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yes, and in many places, women are encouraged to abort if that is discovered because children with Down's are considered "life unworthy of life".

They call this eradicating Down's as though they vaccinate against it like we did smallpox, but nothing prevents Down's except the murder of a child unborn.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

And, you sound like you think the men should get to just skip away from that one too?

I am sorry that is what you heard.

The point I was trying to make is that women were putting themselves in a position of being disadvantaged if they put the responsibility of having unwanted children in the hands of anyone other than themselves.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Lol.. so dont the guys..
Child support hell isnt any more fun than single parenthood, and not as easy to get out of as it used to be.
The best advice I could give people, both the men and the women is to not do the deed unless you are sure you have no problem being tied to the other person for at least 20 or so years. Because there isnt no birth control that is 100% effective. Heck, I ran across a picture some new mother posted of her newborn baby, the baby had the IUD tangled up in its hair..
But, in an economy where it so often requires two parents earning a paycheck for the household they share, once a baby comes into the picture, it's probably best for both of them to do their best to at least tolerate each other if at all possible and live under that one household.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Oh yes, let's sterilise them. Then the next step is "because they can't reproduce they are useless eaters". Stop giving them food or better still let's "see" to them . That's a solution, a final solution. Oh yea on the high horses beware for the horse might throw you off.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Doobydoll has the solution....
Put a contraceptive implant is all boys before puberty and take it out when he is man enough to stick around and bring the child up.

No unwanted pregnancies.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nope, abortion is not murder, and abortion down to there being something wrong with the fetus is probably for the best all things considered, and the reason why we screen for abnormality.

End of the day it's the Mothers choice.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

So, perhaps we should force the men to have chemicals implanted in their bodies to make them fire blanks until they can provide evidence they can/will support a child in their absence? What d'ya think?

Who is talking blame? we are talking about fixing a problem that creates painful emotionally and physically damage people.

The male vasectomy is reversible and causes no problems that I know of and I had it done years ago when we had the number of children we could support.
There are various methods to put of child bearing, if everyone who felt they were in love had kids where would the world be? Every teen is in love every other week.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

just to make sure our studs out there in the field only reproduce with those of the finest pedigree...

You were doing fine but went astray here.

How about make sure the Studs don't over reproduce so we don't have enough feed?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, and in many places, women are encouraged to abort if that is discovered because children with Down's are considered "life unworthy of life".

They call this eradicating Down's as though they vaccinate against it like we did smallpox, but nothing prevents Down's except the murder of a child unborn.

But there you go again deciding a life has already been formed, not all of us feel that is true.

My niece has a child who has had to be cared for like a baby her whole life, she is an adult now but my Niece is scared because if she dies or if she for some reason can't care for her, what happened to her?

I have seen this girl suffer and suffer her whole life and her Mother worry herself into premature old age, Dad left. Now if a bundle of cells had been removed while still not a child they could have had another child, maybe it would have been this child without the pain for all we know.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Next thing you know it's all brown shirts and people getting there heads measured to decide if they are pure enough to exist.

All of this silly chatter because someone thinks maybe you should wait until you can feed a kid to have a kid!!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Well, in a free world, of course ALL women have the right to have children.

They also must have the 'right' to enjoy the good or bad alternatives inherent in that 'right'.

Your kid may die, if you are too poor that you cannot keep a kid alive, and in that case sorry for your bad decision.

*drops the microphone*

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

All of this silly chatter because someone thinks maybe you should wait until you can feed a kid to have a kid!!

Isn't that amazing.....
This is the new reality. People feel they should be able to do anything, and yet have others pay for their bad decisions.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join