It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straight Pride Parade

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: Boadicea

You mean this wasn't organized to give gay people a chance to thank straight
people for their lives?

LOL! I have to admit -- silly me! -- that I did wonder how anyone could protest heterosexuality in and of itself when I first read about the protesters. D'oh! I didn't see anyone go there thank goodness!

But now that you mention it, kinda surprised the population control folks didn't protest for that very reason...

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Boohoo.

I'm done with you.

You'd have to be blind not to see the ugly undercurrent of truth in what he says.

Progressives have gone from not wanting minorities to be overshadowed by majority groups to calling majority groups oppressive to calling them evil. So if you own any part of a majority identity in the SJW/progressive canon, you are guilty of being a bigoted, privileged oppressor no matter what you do. You can't help it. It's part of your inborn identity.

And if you aren't aware of that, then you haven't been paying attention to them.

No amount of atonement can pay for being born white or straight male or being a Christian, not even a progressive one.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: carsforkids

To be clear, the protesters were not protesting heterosexuality, but the social/political/ideological associations of the parade organizers:

You mean this wasn't organized to give gay people a chance to thank straight
people for their lives?

Totally political with a touch of heterosexual superiority mixed in.

I'd say that's a fair analysis but humor is a great motivator.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You'd have to be blind not to see the ugly undercurrent of truth in what he says.

Well, yeah, hence my "mean people say mean things" comment pretty much affirming as much.

And BFD. It's petty whining. Lots of people say lots of mean and stupid and otherwise crappy things. And it doesn't matter. I don't care if it's White straight Christians crying and whining about it or White straight men who identify as transgender crying and whining about it or anyone else who can't get past their hurt feelings and/or egos. All it does is practically and effectively make that whiner a voluntary foot soldier in the divide-and-conquer campaign against the people.

It ONLY matters when those feelings and egos are being regulated and legislated to give some people power over other people, thus violating their rights.

Some folks celebrate gay pride -- and lots of craptastic things are said about them, some well deserved, others not. And some folks celebrate straight pride -- and lots of craptastic things are said about them, some well deserved, others not. It doesn't matter. As long as folks can still go on their way and do their thing without anyone having undue power over them, it's all good.

When those rights are infringed or violated, then we go after the infringement and the violation.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I will chime in: I am a gay male and maybe was born before a lot of people who comment here were too. I live my life and let you live yours too. The fact that I prefer men is no ones business other than the person who I choose to have a relationship with. I grew up however in the era and was taunted and called a 'c@ocksucker' bullied and even raped by 4 guys who wanted to teach the little 'f@ggot' a lesson. (... and are they exactly straight either?? ... maybe they were people who claimed to be straight but in reality had a sick sexual deviancy)) Like gay people, straight people are definitely allowed to be straight and proud too. Sexuality is what you are born with and IMHO you don't have to parade it around weather it is gay straight bi or who ever knows what we call it these days. Yes I am Gay ... I like men ... I also might be your child's history teacher, your church organist, a search and rescuer who has one of my dogs find you in the bush too ... just so people know too I have no agenda to spread nor am I am trying to convert people either under some some sort of conspiracy either. Just living my life the way I was created. .... BTW for those who think all gay men are pedophiles, I have always been attracted to older gentlemen as well

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JimD350

Thanks for sharing your perspective and experience...

And I'm actually sorry at the same time that you or anyone feels the need to explain or apologize for who they love or enjoy or prefer or whatever. I don't know why people are so concerned about people who aren't hurting anyone... exactly the opposite... when there are so many people who ARE hurting others.

But nor do I understand why people worry so much about what other people think anyway.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Proud boys should do their marches in Boston. THe cops will actually arrest the fascist antifa blackshirts. They need to keep marching until they are all arrested and then go back to Portland and march again.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ambassado12

Well played

I did find it heartening that the Boston Police were up to the challenge of their jobs. I find it very disheartening that the protesters actions against the cops were given such short shrift -- by the media, the prosecutor, defense attorneys. That's not okay.

Portland will have to live with their mistakes and the monster they've created.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's so nice that we have finally gotten to the point where these straight white guys who have been shunned from society for hundreds of years, dragged behind pickup trucks, chained to fences, expelled from families, undergone forced rehabilitation, beaten on the streets and left to die, forced to live a life in the shadows all just because of a sexual preference that felt as real and anything in life could… finally have a 'pride' parade.

Ugh,

As I posted in the "planning" thresd... this is another pathetic display of idiocy by people that have no idea what actual subjugated & marginalized groups have gone through. More like a 'celebration of their own ignorance' parade.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You can say BFD all you want, but they are creating for some groups exactly the kind of climate they claimed they wanted to save those other groups from.

If you want fairness and equality, then if you celebrate some for an accident of their birth or nurture, then you celebrate others for the same even if most of the people around you are on that same path.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Yes, I get it. You won't be happy until society actually does that to straight white guys so they can get it good and hard because it's what they deserve.

And, this, Boudicca, is what we're talking about.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Did you miss my question for you earlier or are you purposely dodging it? Either you do and your obviously wrong or you don't and destroy your own argument answering honestly. I guess I would dodge it too if I was you.

I'll ask again...do you think a straight pride parade means they hate gays...and conversly does that mean gay pride parades means they hate straight people?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

No you don't get it. Stop dealing in extremes and placing your own creepy visions onto other people. Let's deal in the reality of what has actually happened to certain groups of people in our country, be respectful of that horrifying history, and try to make the world a better place. I know you can do it.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You can say BFD all you want, but they are creating for some groups exactly the kind of climate they claimed they wanted to save those other groups from.

Yes, they are. Hypocrisy is on display everywhere.

If you want fairness and equality, then if you celebrate some for an accident of their birth or nurture, then you celebrate others for the same even if most of the people around you are on that same path.

We cannot force anyone to celebrate anyone else. We cannot force anyone to celebrate anything at all. The best we can do is force people to go through the motions of celebrating someone or something at the point of a government gun. That's it.

People can think what they want and say what they want. As long as they have no power to force their will on anyone else... including the barrel of a government gun... and people can walk away and do as they will... it's all good.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The Left are Deftly Affraid of the POWER Men Hold in Heterosexual Sex . The TRUE Lords of " Creation " , they Pisss their Pants in ENVY .................

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

And, this, Boudicca, is what we're talking about.

No, it's not what we're talking about. Okrian is making the very real and very valid point that unlike straight couples or straight individuals, there have been actual laws on the books which denied one group of people the same rights, protections and privileges as another group of people. There was also less than scrupulous enforcement of the laws and protections that did exist. And there has been a whole lot of violence perpetuated (and too often condoned) against that group.

Are some of those people now demanding "rights" that are not rights, but privileges? Of course. Are there some of those people that would like to see the same kind of violence inflicted on the other group? Sure. Is that okay? No!!! We can use basic moral and legal principles to deal with infringements and violations of rights. We can demand enforcement of just and fair laws.

More important, are congress critters and other officials trying to regulate and legislate privileges over rights? Yes!!!

That's worth worrying about and fighting about.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Oh dear... hmmmm.... now I'm confused.

Then why do so many want to be women?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

And he sits there and calls for it as thought the only way anyone's voice in protest of certain attitudes is valid is if they can wear the biggest suffering shield.

Look other gays were drug behind cars, so you can shut up.

Look other blacks were made slaves, so you can shut up.

Look atheists have been looked down on, so you can shut up.

That's not how it works. If they can protest getting treated badly, so can we. If they can march in parades over accidents of birth, so can we. They wanted equality, and I'm fine with that. So we can march and have our pride days too. Otherwise, they can stow their privilege same as us.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

If they can protest getting treated badly, so can we. If they can march in parades over accidents of birth, so can we. They wanted equality, and I'm fine with that. So we can march and have our pride days too. Otherwise, they can stow their privilege same as us.

Yup. Exactly. Let them hate all they want. Let them complain all they want. Let them whine all they want. As long as that's all they've got, everyone's good.

Everyone can have a parade to celebrate whatever they want to celebrate. Everyone can protest what they want to protest.

If it's any consolation, the Straight Pride Parade wasn't the only sexual pride protested... There was a Lesbian march in Leeds, England yesterday (I think) which was protested by transactivists because the lesbians don't include men who identify as women who identify as lesbians into their lesbian circles... Wrap your mind around that!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Oh dear... hmmmm.... now I'm confused.

Then why do so many want to be women?

Because their Own " Fears " Dominate them . They All just Need a Good " Bitch Slapping " to get their Lives Back into Perspective . Yeah , I Know , but REALLY Man/Women/ Whatever . C'est La Vie ...........

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join