It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straight Pride Parade

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Walking among the 'Straight Pride' supporters were a sprinkling of white LGBTQIA members.

Why does skin color matter when reporting on issues relating to gay/straight pride?

The marshal of the 'Straight Pride' rally was Milo Yiannopoulos, a prominent and provocative member of the far-right movement in the U.S. who has been banned from several social media sites. He also happens to be gay.

... "he also happens to be gay"? Why is this written as an afterthought when its information central to the issue being reported on?

Biased reporting much?
edit on 6-9-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I had the idea of a ‘family unit’ parade. Celebrating the traditional family unit. With emphasis put on hetero sexual couple who strive to stick together and look after each other and their family. Good old family values, we should be able to celebrate this.
It might also help to minimise the number of young couples who get together, have kids, then divorce.

The good old days have changed, dems don't those days back they say. They don't support the nuclear family anymore. People these days think marriage is just another step in being a boyfriend and girlfriend. They think a divorce is as easy as breaking up. That's the problem. Another issue is social media. It's too easy to start a relationship when you're already in one and people aren't as loyal to their significant other as they used to be. My college ex contacted me on Facebook messenger about 4 years ago and although I consider her "the one that got away," I let her know I was happy in my relationship. If I wasn't loyal to my girl, I could have easily started a second relationship and slept around. But I think that's a huge part of the problem today and why the rate of divorce grows. People also don't grow up as fast as they used to.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

So you're upset that some people protested the "straight pride" event?

That's absolutely hilarious.

Besides the flag they designed looks so gay.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

They do whatever they can to piss you off, even if they agree with you.

This ^^^

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm always surprised -- even shocked -- at the extent to which some will go to create problems, and to avoid finding common ground. Race, religion, sex, class, etc. For some people, if you refuse to be the hateful something-phobe they expect and want you to be, they will even go so far as to make something up. Or to tell you what you really think or how you really feel.

Some people thrive on conflict and won't have it any other way.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

So you're upset that some people protested the "straight pride" event?

Upset? No. I'm not at all impressed by their behavior. And I think they were misguided in their intentions (and understanding) at best. But not upset. It is what it is.

Rather, I would be upset if they weren't allowed to protest... much like I would have been upset if the parade had been denied.

That's absolutely hilarious.

That you're making stuff up? Okay.

Besides the flag they designed looks so gay.

Really? Because that's what's important??? Nothing superficial about that...

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Maybe they felt like there are too many people like yourself out there who would be bound and determined to find something sinister in their intent, so they made their straight pride parade as diverse as possible to try to hold off on the "hate" accusations?

Or they made it a parody of Gay Pride Parades by allowing their LBGT + Whatever Other Letters We're Adding This Week allies to also march with them like straight allies march.

Who knows?

Regardless, they were having fun. And they trolled you perfectly.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: DBCowboy

Funny how the left hides behind free speech but endorses silencing of all opinions differing their own.

And quite sad. I couldn't imagine the pain every day brings, when one is so incapable of dealing with others thoughts and opinions -- even when it doesn't affect you in any practical or tangible way!!!

The real world is full of opposites and variables and surprises. We can roll with it or be trampled under the weight of our own emotions and ego. That's gotta suck.

You would think people like Cortez and her goon squad, along with other prominent democrats would condemn behavior like that because it's pushing normal people away but they fully endorse it and bail these people out when they commit acts of violence.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You should see the looks of horror we sometimes see when we tell people that we're a single income family and that my wife stays home and takes care of the house, kids, etc.

I've lost count of the people that have said, "The 1950's are calling, they want you back!"

The 50's? Hell it was normal in the 80's. My mom worked part time back then but only by choice, my dad was making more than enough to support the family.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

What about the single dads? We're usually the ones that work all kinds of hours to bring money home and it's just as tough to find a 40 hour a week job that pays enough to afford daycare or school for your kids. I'm not in that boat, but I was before I met my wife, and I know guys that are in that boat now and it can be a struggle. I'm not saying you aren't, but Hollywood and the media never put attention on single dads because they focus all of their attention on single moms. I can teach my sons how to be gentlemen, but I can't teach my daughter (if I had one) how to change a tampon.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You would think people like Cortez and her goon squad, along with other prominent democrats would condemn behavior like that because it's pushing normal people away but they fully endorse it and bail these people out when they commit acts of violence.

Exactly. They are literally preaching one thing and doing the exact opposite. But what I find most disconcerting is that so many honestly do not see the disconnect.

I think it's the same dynamic that prevents folks from discerning the difference between fact and opinion.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

What about the single dads? We're usually the ones that work all kinds of hours to bring money home and it's just as tough to find a 40 hour a week job that pays enough to afford daycare or school for your kids. I'm not in that boat, but I was before I met my wife, and I know guys that are in that boat now and it can be a struggle. I'm not saying you aren't, but Hollywood and the media never put attention on single dads because they focus all of their attention on single moms. I can teach my sons how to be gentlemen, but I can't teach my daughter (if I had one) how to change a tampon.

Excellent point -- thank you for saying it. And shame on me for NOT saying it.

I don't know any single dads, but I know they're out there, and I know it's gotta be tough -- for many of the same reasons as single mothers, and for plenty of other reasons. Especially with daughters!

I'm pretty sure there's a special place in Heaven for those awesome dads. Three cheers for them all!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Funny how we don't have any threads discussing the Nazi presence at Gay Pride parades or the beatings that have occurred after said events.

Instead let's focus on the people that opposed a parade backed by white supremacists.

That's funny, I don't remember you being upset over the gay dude antifa attacked. But sure, let's act like gays get beat up after parades. The media hasn't even picked up on it. Hmm.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Even more funny that you just got triggered.

The gays have been enduring hate and prejudices since the first pride marches. The straight pride thing will die out soon enough.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Even more funny that you just got triggered.

The gays have been enduring hate and prejudices since the first pride marches. The straight pride thing will die out soon enough.

Triggered? Not even close! LOL!!!

In fact, I actually had to re-read your initial comment to see what you might be thinking "triggered" me. That's how quickly I dismissed your nonsense. It is what it is but it's not my problem.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

This is probably one of the most confusing statements I've ever read in my entire life. So if something doesn't make sense it's not true? So any concept that doesn't make sense to you is not true? Am I reading this right? I feel like I've had a stroke just trying to wrap my head around this statement.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

This is probably one of the most confusing statements I've ever read in my entire life. So if something doesn't make sense it's not true? So any concept that doesn't make sense to you is not true? Am I reading this right? I feel like I've had a stroke just trying to wrap my head around this statement.

If you wrap your head around this statement in the 'context' of what I commented on preceding this statement, you may be able to figure it out better.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Does straight pride mean they hate anyone who isn't straight in your mind? Inversely does that mean all these gay pride parades hate straight people to you?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why does no one change this LGBTQIA members into something people can remember like BIG TALQ or somethin!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
... Some of these protesters are their own causes worst enemy.

I couldn't agree with this more but I think we need to question the media's role in all of this as I blame them for sowing the seeds of conflict in this as with most of the social issues in this country because it sells papers and gets clicks. Who is responsible for turning this into a big deal? Without media attention to a small fringe group having a stupid parade in an isolated city, the whole thing could have gone unnoticed but no, let's create outrage in the alphabet community and see what happens so we'll have a good story.

The best thing the LGBTxyz's could have done was to totally ignore the whole thing and there wouldn't have been a story to write about. Why we're being manipulated into such divisive polarity escapes me?

I'm old. In a lot of ways, I miss the blissful ignorance before all the spin was turbocharged. Hopefully I'll die before it gets much worse but not without feeling sorry for my children and grandchildren that are left to deal with all this mess.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalamitous

I couldn't agree with this more but I think we need to question the media's role in all of this as I blame them for sowing the seeds of conflict in this as with most of the social issues in this country because it sells papers and gets clicks. Who is responsible for turning this into a big deal?

I agree, but I think it goes much farther and deeper than clicks. The media could not exploit this if there were not people willing to be exploited. There are plenty of L's, G's, B's, T's and S's that just want to live their lives in peace and carryon without all the attention, demands, and faux outrage of the vocal minority. Most people are rather indifferent to it all, and are happy to let others do as they are wont to do as they do what they themselves are wont to do. It's only the narcissistic and exhibitionists and control freaks that get all riled up... who are being exploited and encouraged and empowered by the media frenzy.

So what is the real end game? What is the deeper purpose and goal? The divide-and-conquer strategy is obvious -- including within the LGBT population itself -- but it is only the means to a greater goal.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join