It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti - Open Carry Epidemic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

is it comfortable to conceal carry a full size pistol in all weather conditions? Or is it more comfortable to open carry?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You are playing a game, if someone doesn't like open carries they are scared? Thats is chest thumping bullsh@t, tough guy sh#t.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

You are playing a game, if someone doesn't like open carries they are scared? Thats is chest thumping bullsh@t, tough guy sh#t.

Says the guy acting all tough and talking about guys little dicks because of their guns.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

maybe they would like to but can't afford to and so in the meantime they don't want to be killed going to the grocery store so they choose to be able to defend themselves? is that bad?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Identified

Sue them ALL For Criminally Violating your Second Amendment Rights ! Take it to the Supreme Court If you Have To , but Make them PAY for that Particular Offense to the American Public ........

A private business is not public space.

Is that the attitude you take when a private business does not want to participate in gay marriage?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Why would anyone need to carry a gun in one of these business establishments?

To impress the ladies with their masculinity. It's like the avatars of some member sporting a superhero with big muscles and pointing an obvious phallic symbol at you. Some American males deal with their insecurities in a very peculiar manner.

Even some female ATS members feel the need to express their masculinity, makes you wonder, eh?

So , that is your perception when you see someone armed ?
Figures.
How about the ladies ?
I am seeing more ladies open carry than men now.
They have to go into the grocery store by themselves sometimes.

In Georgia we have one county where it is technically illegal not to own a firearm.
What do you think about that ?
Used to be a fairly bad place as crime goes.
Since the advent of the said law , the crime rate dropped exponentially .
What do you think about that ?

link   

originally posted by: funbobby

is it comfortable to conceal carry a full size pistol in all weather conditions? Or is it more comfortable to open carry?

Who would even try to conceal a full size pistol?

That's why they make compacts

link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Don't like it..too bad

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Identified

Sue them ALL For Criminally Violating your Second Amendment Rights ! Take it to the Supreme Court If you Have To , but Make them PAY for that Particular Offense to the American Public ........

A private business is not public space.

Is that the attitude you take when a private business does not want to participate in gay marriage?

One operates as a public business/public service, which is completely different because an individual carrying a firearm has nothing to do with a public service.

Two different issues.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I can see why open carry in a store might make people uncomfortable

I actually feel quite comfortable in a crowd of largely armed folks. That they're open carrying is the least of my concerns. I went into a pizza place the other day and every-single-guy was strapped. Seeing that just made me smile.

I can see why stores would not want to deal with it and it is their right.

Then those stores should not be 'open to the public'. Let everyone get a membership ... and don't let those 'private' establishments have _any_ influence over the 'public' domain.

And tear out all those damned stoplights Wally World insists on when the move into your town ... after buying off your elected officials.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Interesting and good question, I think it's kind of obvious about why some people are worried about guns. Hell, wasn't it less than a year ago a guy in Walmart got plugged for holding a pellet gun. And how about the idiot walking into Walmart with a rifle and armour right after the shooting..not doing the pro gun crowd any favours. It's the optics, CC does away with those optics.

I will have to ponder the gay wedding thing.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It would seem that you are the huffy puffy one here. Like a rooster.
I am comfortable with who I am, and it isn’t all about my wiener.
I am 57 years old and have 4 children... I am a bit past that part of life where you live to impress others.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Firearm ownership (the right to self defense) is just as much a right as marriage, moreso given it is listed in the rights ennumerated specifically and openly, and marriage is not and never will be for anyone because marriage is not a right. One can argue that preventing a person from carrying their weapon is an infringement of their right to defense.

I wonder what would happen if someone survives a mass shooting and sues a gun free zone for failing to allow him or her their full right of self-defense.

If it's a person's right to not be discriminated against in a public business, then it's also the gun owner's right. Do these places also ban knives?

edit on 5-9-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There's really no reason for it. I'm fine with concealed carry, doesn't hurt anybody. But in these times, if you can't understand why the customers and employees of El Paso Walmart don't want to see someone brandishing a gun, you need help.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Anyway, I'm out of this conversation, we do not have CC, or OC so..different world than you guys. I'm only allowed to take a handgun to the range and back with a trigger lock.

I will get the exact details next month when I get my restricted weapon permit.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Liquesence

People legally and psychologically secure in themselves don't need to let everyone know either by open carrying, that's kinda my point.

I get the point that you are scared of these people.
“Can you point to the spot on the doll where they hurt you?”

Scared?

Did you miss where I said I conceal carry?

It doesn’t mean that you aren’t scared.
In fact, it would indicate that you are scared of something.

Not really. Just better to be prepared should the need arise.

Sounds like you are scared enough to carry a concealed weapon.
Whatever, I hope you never have to use it. Even if you win, you lose.

I mean, if everyone who carries a concealed gun is scared of something...But those who open carry aren't?

I hope I never have to use it either.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
open carry makes a peaceful pro american, pro constitution statement..... and we cant have that. Thus the move for what I call.....social justice circle jerkoff sessions.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Anyway, I'm out of this conversation, we do not have CC, or OC so..different world than you guys. I'm only allowed to take a handgun to the range and back with a trigger lock.

I will get the exact details next month when I get my restricted weapon permit.

"We?"

Where are you?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Why bother claiming anyone opposing OC are scared? dumb argument!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Canada

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join