It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti - Open Carry Epidemic

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Maybe the solution is to request home delivery as many of these establishments offer that service and answer the door strapped. Could become a daily thing.
edit on 5-9-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

social credit score will do away with that. If your a gun owner.... no delivery for you.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

True.

I can walk into Walmart and pick up a baseball bat and bash someone's head in but they don't include open carrying bats in their "request.". And this is a problem at Walmart.

5newsonline.com...

www.wsbtv.com...

riversidecountynewssource.org...[/u rl]

[url]https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/wal-mart-baseball-bat-attack-lakewood.html

www.mcall.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with CCWs.

I think one of the issues with "open carry" is I think people tend to associate it with some tacticool nutjob walking into a store with an AR-15 strapped on his back. The reality is probably more like some guy just has a pistol on his waist in his holster.

I don't necessarily have an issue with someone having a pistol in their holster and it is visible. However, unless you are in a rural area where the threat of bears, boar, etc are a real issue, I don't see the point of open carry. However, I don't think people should be going in stores with rifles slung over their shoulder.

I can understand why stores and people may not want open carry.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Identified

How many people open carried before?

I think I've only ever seen one in a hardware store.

That's one too many........... For the Left. I've never been scared of someone open carrying. Bad guys never seem to open carry their stolen guns, wonder why?

Can't wait for the first lawsuits when these companies try to enforce their policies.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Sounds like crazed not-so-liberal, liberal establishments. If they don't like open carry, do what I did. Carry a 44 magnum desert eagle in a shoulder holster and wear an outdoors vest overtop of it. It's concealed and not concealed because the gun is large enough that the barrel can hang below the vest. Problem solved, you can say you tried and call it a wardrobe malfunction lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Brings up a good point. Which is worse open carry in a belt holster or concealed carry that profiles or performs another tell that they are armed such as the pat of reassurance?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
Sounds like crazed not-so-liberal, liberal establishments. If they don't like open carry, do what I did. Carry a 44 magnum desert eagle in a shoulder holster and wear an outdoors vest overtop of it. It's concealed and not concealed because the gun is large enough that the barrel can hang below the vest. Problem solved, you can say you tried and call it a wardrobe malfunction lol

Cheers - Dave

You are carrying a handgun under your vest in Canada? if so, I would not be admitting that on a public forum.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Why would anyone need to carry a gun in one of these business establishments?

I agree!
No one would ever need to protect them selves in one of those stores. Could you even imagine something going down in a Walmart store where you would have to protect your family? We have police, and guns are dangerous, They shouldn't be allowed in a store

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

a reply to: Identified

How many people open carried before?

I think I've only ever seen one in a hardware store.

That's one too many........... For the Left. I've never been scared of someone open carrying. Bad guys never seem to open carry their stolen guns, wonder why?

Can't wait for the first lawsuits when these companies try to enforce their policies.

That does sound like fun. Strap on a gun, go to Walmart, tell the greeter that you self-identify as a transgender, lesbian, law enforcement official and you demand to use the gender neutral restroom. Oh, and to see if those cheap TVs are still on sale. And I need a new bathrobe, see the holes in this one?

If they don't let you in, sue 'em.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Open carry is a bit more comfortable for larger pistols. Open carry does not require a ccw permit.

We do not have open carry where I am at, but for fishing, camping, and of course hunting open carry is permitted when traveling to and fro. I open carry my 1911 whenever I go fishing and I have had the cops stop me numerous times.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

My hunch is that the one I saw may have been a contractor doing some work in a rougher neighborhood. He was at a larger hardware store in an urban area.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I carried a 357 revolver in a spicy doritos bag not too long ago. When they complain put it in a party size doritos bag.. problem solved. Trust me, itll shoot through that bag just fine.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

seems like a lousy gun for fishing in Florida. Maybe if its a 10mm.

I would go 357magnum down there. Might run into a gator or anaconda. Some Cobras a running loose down there too.... then there is the monkeys..... even bath salt zombies in Florida.

Now that I think about it.... maybe a ruger p89 with a 16# wolff recoil spring loaded up with buffalo bore +p+ penetrators (very close to 357 sig) and some spare 20rd mecgar mags. Maybe a backup 38 snubnose filled with snakeshot as well.

if your in monkey territory a suppressed 22 rifle would be excellent.. even a single shot bolt gun .... cricket, ruger american etc... wouldnt scare the fish.

also..mosquitoes.... very dangerous now. Get yourself one of those guns that shoot rock salt for those.... a citranella candle.. and some spray. The Mosquitoes will kill you down there.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

LOL... never thought of that. I know an arm sling can help conceal a lot. People think you have an injury and never think you would have a firearm in there.

most of the time a jacket or loose shirt covers anything. You average person is staring at a cell phone these days. Defeating facial recognition is far more difficult than concealing a firearm. Anything is possible though.

personaly I just stay out of these places these days. If I do have to pick something up I am in and out..... FAST.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
a reply to: Grimpachi

seems like a lousy gun for fishing in Florida. Maybe if its a 10mm.

I would go 357magnum down there. Might run into a gator or anaconda. Some Cobras a running loose down there too.... then there is the monkeys..... even bath salt zombies in Florida.

Now that I think about it.... maybe a ruger p89 with a 16# wolff recoil spring loaded up with buffalo bore +p+ penetrators (very close to 357 sig) and some spare 20rd mecgar mags. Maybe a backup 38 snubnose filled with snakeshot as well.

if your in monkey territory a suppressed 22 rifle would be excellent.. even a single shot bolt gun .... cricket, ruger american etc... wouldnt scare the fish.

also..mosquitoes.... very dangerous now. Get yourself one of those guns that shoot rock salt for those.... a citranella candle.. and some spray. The Mosquitoes will kill you down there.

RACIST!!

Yeah but those bathsalt zombies...Smith and Wesson .460VXR .. and a baseball bat.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

LOL... never thought of that. I know an arm sling can help conceal a lot. People think you have an injury and never think you would have a firearm in there.

most of the time a jacket or loose shirt covers anything. You average person is staring at a cell phone these days. Defeating facial recognition is far more difficult than concealing a firearm. Anything is possible though.

personaly I just stay out of these places these days. If I do have to pick something up I am in and out..... FAST.

It wouldnt fit in an arm sling and no one suspects a person whos drinking a dr pepper and carrying a party size spicy dorito bag. WHen you fire it those dorito crumbs fly right out.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

My hunch is that the one I saw may have been a contractor doing some work in a rougher neighborhood. He was at a larger hardware store in an urban area.

I know quite a few CCW holders in Chicago. I've only really seen open carry in the south. I remember seeing ghetto convenience store clerks openly packing back in the day when I was a yooth....I grew up in a time / area where it wasn't uncommon to see gun racks in the back of pickup trucks (with guns in said racks).

In a rural area, it wouldn't surprise me to see some guy with a sidearm. That doesn't really bother me. However, in an urban environment where the threat of wild animals is practically nil, I don't see why anyone needs to open carry. It just seems like asking for trouble imho and completely unnecessary regardless if you feel it is "your right".

I am all for the 2nd amendment, but this just seems like one of those fringe things to me...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I was going to debate hefficide (from page 1) for a moment, but I see this thread has already run it's course.

I'll just post a short...

I open carry regularly. I wear a pistol high and tight, forward can't, strong side right, 4 o'clock. I dress clean, tucked in shirt and pressed. I've never had anyone ever say anything but compliments. I don't carry a .700 caliber magnum. I carry a 9mm Smith S&P, single stack. I don't swagger around, I act like a normal person. I don't call attention to my firearm. I'm in the store with lots of Sheriff's deputies, and they've never said a single word. Only conversation I've ever had was whether the Smith had been through the Smith (gunsmith) shop (and it has). And, that conversation was with a local County Sheriff Deputy.

I roll with short hair (buzz cut), like to think I'm well spoken and direct, not drunk and not pants down around my ass.

Most people who would look at me would think I'm a responsible person (I hope...my job depends on it).

I have my CCW in multiple states, but I don't like CCW. Frankly, it's uncomfortable, for a variety of reasons. So screw that!

The 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution says absolutely zero about "concealed".

The way I look at it is like this...don't want to get shot? Well, you see what I have, so don't start a gunfight around me! Because I WILL shoot back! (and I probably won't miss...as a 25 year firearms instructor).

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I dont think I could go fishing in Gator territory without a decent supply of tannerite in the boat.... just in case Son of Gomek makes an appearance. Some pretty darn mean fish down there too.

No telling what you might run into in Florida.... tiger...black panther....swamp monster....CIA black ops etc. anything can happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join