It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why use my powers for good. . . . thinking about joining the dark side

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
With the latest story about Comey and the DOJ not pursuing criminal actions, it has disillusioned me to the point where I'm actually thinking about joining the dark side.

I mean, why not!

I've seen plenty of corruption and graft in my long life, and yet I always tried to do the right thing. Stay law-abiding. Follow the rules. Be honest, sincere in my work and whatever I do.

Why?

People work in government for a few years earning a paltry 5-figure GS salary and walk away multi-millionaires. They commit atrocious crimes and get book deals and spots on CNN, MSNBC, even FOX.

Why should I be any different? The rule of law is a joke, politics is even a greater joke, and people still profit from it. I know plenty of politicians here in Oregon. It'd be easy.

I'm fairly smart. Hell, a crap-ton smarter than morons like Omar, Beto, Cortez etc and they're raking in millions!

Maybe I should be a leftist. I'd be able to keep my guns because the rules wouldn't apply to me. While everyone is paying high taxes and getting crap medical care, I could be mingling with the elite and getting top-notch care and do everything as tax-exempt.

Obeying the law, believing in the Constitution has gotten me doodly-squat.

I could be raking in the green and laughing at you all, like they do, all the way to the off-shore bank!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is life and you go by life's rules . No f politician invented life .

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Don't forget about the DBC Foundation from where you can skim millions or billions of dollars; and the stock exchange where you have the leverage of knowledge.

All joking aside, I feel the same way.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

I’ll just start a PAC. DBC For Murka.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Oh whaaaa!!!

Life is not about what others do; that's a cop-out. It's about what we do and are we comfortable in our own skins.

Don't let it get under your skin so they win and you lose. Take a break from politics and smell the roses and you have plenty of roses where you are. Pet a puppy. Better yet go fishing and land a giant Steelhead (send me one) to remind you what it's really about.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think we should take a step back before we become addicted to drinking babies blood.

Too far, too soon?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Its ludicrous. Even lower admins, and deputy admins walk out rich for life...my father in law is one from the Bush years.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Why, indeed.

When you can't count on the rule of law, what's the point?

It's each man for himself now- at least, that's what the doj is telling you.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Chill it's not like when you go and see the other side and dwell there for a while just to see how it might be, that you will burn in hell for eternity, and will never be alowed back.

Or is it in your story?

NC

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

they win

It's hard not to feel like that verb tense is wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Ummm...really...?

Seriously...?

What the hell took you so long to get a clue...?

I gave up on following the rule of law...when Hillary skirted punishment by deeply corrupt FBI and judgement department higher ups...then...watching these last three years unfold...cemented my conviction that lady justice was not just blind...but dead...

Johnny come lately...that's what you are...brer...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

D.B.C.? Don't know bout that, but karma sir...I try to keep mine clean ....

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

BWAHAHAHAHA!

It's a rant but I guess it could be considered a whine.

Fair enough.

Ummm, how do you drink baby-blood?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I'm sorry you are feeling so let down by Trump's Justice Department DB. It's not like there weren't many here who have been telling you not to get your hopes to high.

But as far as going over to the ''dark side'', well, ah, do i really have to finish that comment?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

There is certainly a hearty supply of trickle up economics to syphon from, I guess thats always the case in a pyramid scheme.

I think its gone too far by this point, we used to need to clean out the top. We didnt, which inevitably lead to apathy, and too many convinced themselves there was no reason they shouldnt benefit.

Corruption is inherent in man's nature, the easier life becomes the easier to convince oneseleves their misdeeds go unnoticed, not worthy of punishment. If a decision has an immediate life attached to it, it takes a stronger will to overcome the direct concious. The more fail safes the lesser the responsibility, we're at a point where we have been too comfortable for too long.

The disease is deep.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I'm sorry you are feeling so let down by Trump's Justice Department DB. It's not like there weren't many here who have been telling you not to get your hopes to high.

But as far as going over to the ''dark side'', well, ah, do i really have to finish that comment?

Just save me a seat at the next meeting. . . . . . comrade.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Me and you might not be in agreement. But got damn do I like when you speak your mind.

On this one I know DB was being satiracle... But that won't stop me from enjoying the fact you took time to come and play with us.

Cheers mate. I just took a shot to your comment.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

BWAHAHAHAHA!

It's a rant but I guess it could be considered a whine.

Fair enough.

I hear drinking babies blood involves a ceremony. Apparently if you go too far to the dark side you develop a taste for it.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I boof it to get better stem cell absorption.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join