It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why use my powers for good. . . . thinking about joining the dark side

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
With the latest story about Comey and the DOJ not pursuing criminal actions, it has disillusioned me to the point where I'm actually thinking about joining the dark side.

I mean, why not!

I've seen plenty of corruption and graft in my long life, and yet I always tried to do the right thing. Stay law-abiding. Follow the rules. Be honest, sincere in my work and whatever I do.

Why?

People work in government for a few years earning a paltry 5-figure GS salary and walk away multi-millionaires. They commit atrocious crimes and get book deals and spots on CNN, MSNBC, even FOX.

Why should I be any different? The rule of law is a joke, politics is even a greater joke, and people still profit from it. I know plenty of politicians here in Oregon. It'd be easy.

I'm fairly smart. Hell, a crap-ton smarter than morons like Omar, Beto, Cortez etc and they're raking in millions!

Maybe I should be a leftist. I'd be able to keep my guns because the rules wouldn't apply to me. While everyone is paying high taxes and getting crap medical care, I could be mingling with the elite and getting top-notch care and do everything as tax-exempt.

Obeying the law, believing in the Constitution has gotten me doodly-squat.

I could be raking in the green and laughing at you all, like they do, all the way to the off-shore bank!

QFT.

I personally didn’t sell out at least on a relative basis. Many of you would say I did. But I didn’t.

I have the data and analytical skills, which are above average and my W2 reflects that, to solve all kinds of problems. And yes, those skills can be used for “evil”.

I’m glad my life too me down the path it did. I could have landed other places but I wouldn’t feel anywhere as good as I do if I hadn’t been using my skills for the benefit of others.

But, the dark side has some cool # and pays well. Maybe I’ll be a mercenary someday. Not yet though.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There's a great need for good people. It would be horrible if you went to the dark side (or became a Liberal).

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Having the powers of not giving a crap about anything but your bank account and your immediate surroundings wouldnt make you a good leftist.

You're good right where you are.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Having the powers of not giving a crap about anything but your bank account and your immediate surroundings wouldnt make you a good leftist.

You're good right where you are.

Not to worry, comrade!

I can virtue signal and pretend to care like every good little leftist!

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
America is theatre,its a play- unfortunately its currently a tragedy where the bad guy wins,but imagine if there was only good life would be pretty boring the hero needs the villain or there is no drama and life would be boring.You can chose evil if you want but never forget this is all an illusion at the end of the play the hero and villian go out hand in hand and bow to the audience and no one boos the villain once the play is over

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
this would be a bad time to join the dark side in my opinion.

Maybe 15 years ago would have been better timing.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It sometimes surprises me when people find out that corruption is the rule not the exception.

As to governments or whatever other so called systems people create or put in place, be they whatever, red or blue, left or right, good or bad. Lets just say it did not work for the Sumerians, it did not work for the Babylonians, it did not work for the Egyptians, it did not work for the Assyrians, it did not work for the Persians, it did not work for the Greeks, it did not work for the Romans.

Are you starting to see a trend here? Its kind of got a 100% failure rate. The only thing we can learn from history, is that people do no learn from history.

Any nation or empire or system that does not take into account the fallibility and shinanigans of human nature, is pretty much none existent, and become third world #holes pretty fast. There is a reason why all empires be they small, or big, or anything and everything inbetween, eventually go the way of the dodo.

Lets just say that the petty squabbles of what is going on the boob tubes, is nothing new, in fact nothing that has not been done better in the past ten thousand years or more. As for what is holding this whole thing together...Well, duct tape duh.

Why ask why? Right. Just follow the asshole in front of you, and everything will be semi ok honky dory....Or not. Only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

You should read what I posted in the following thread. Comey, McCabe et al are not out of trouble yet. There is still stuff they must answer for forlying to the FISA court and later admitting that what they signed as being verified was never verified and even Comey admitted this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-9-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment and link.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
You can never do wrong by doing the right thing.

I think the problem is that you need to exercise your imagination a little, be a little more creative, and do something right that also changes things.

Fighting corruption is never easy, but it's a war worth winning. Just remember, you don't have to "play by the rules" as they are set by the system, but you do have to play by the rules of morality. This gives a lot of leeway and flexibility for surprising success in action.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Life is about what you choose to buy into. You are free to opt for the dark side and there are plenty who actually do but its a very foolish move. The price you will end up having to pay is simply not worth it. Look around, there are a zillion other options that are much safer, offer far more, will not threaten your wellbeing.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I always wanted to run an underground cash or goods for barter emergency surgery in my basement. It was a childhood dream. So.. I became a RN and worked in emergency rooms.. mainly because I am an underachiever and would rather go from RN to surgeon by pilfering the medical supplies and advertising my services among the various bad guys out there. I envisioned cash money.. lots. Lord knows I can remove a bullet due to the ER work, but I also can pick shot out of a turkey with my eyes closed. Not too much different really... the human is just a bit squishier and noisier and leakier. I easily justify my dream by saying its saving lives... its tending to the folks you cant dump at the ER parking lot. If it werent for the basement surgeon there would be lives lost. Its like Drs without Borders.. but I have borders and get paid in cash or electronics...

I say shoot for your dreams DBCowboy... the dark side calls you.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You can't join the dark side, Wonder Woman is a good guy....gal......urgh......

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join