It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why use my powers for good. . . . thinking about joining the dark side

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Brer rabbet and Tar baby come to mind.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Stay away from the dark side,even if they offer you cookies!
I will bake you cookies,sammies of your choice if you will stay
away from them.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
When I was a little kid, I kinda felt sorry for myself
My dad was an quiet intellectual. He was a scientist with several degrees, and multiple colleges under his belt.

He wouldn't play ball with me. He wouldn't even throw the ball for me to bat.
He had a friend , an Italian fellow who did bring me a bats, balls, and a glove, and he did coach me.
One day this guy excitedly asked me, Do you know your dad is a genius? I didn't understand exactly what he was saying, but I said " yeah he's pretty smart"

Several decades later I got a message on my phone from him, that he needed to speak to me. I called my dad and asked what was up. He said Joe called me and asked for your number, and said he wants to talk to you.

So I called Joe, and asked him what he needed to speak to me about. (He was in his eighties.) He said " Phil, always be yourself, regardless of what other people say or do. Be yourself". He died shortly there after.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Noooooo,come back from the dark side and silence her siren call.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
With the latest story about Comey and the DOJ not pursuing criminal actions, it has disillusioned me to the point where I'm actually thinking about joining the dark side. I mean, why not!

Do it only for self gain..money, fame, power (never blink; no apology or regret). Beyond space/time your Eternal soul is not chastised/judged for good or bad behavior, it is just behavior/experience period.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

That's one hell of a get ot of gaol free card to play all the same.

Good and evil may well simply be human constructs, but that does not mean we should not appreciate the difference and attempt to maintain some kind of semblance of balance in this reality.

Else whats the fecking point in this life or the next verse, if there is one?

It may well all be about the experience, and "do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law", but knowing right from wrong, good or bad, has a significant impact on not only our own experience of whatever we consider to be reality, but also on others around us.
edit on 29-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

One does not just walk from the dork side to the dark side though...

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

A circle has no sides, apart from an up-side and a down-side.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
originally posted by: andy06shake

andy:That's one hell of a get ot of gaol free card to play all the same.
Good and evil may well simply be human constructs, but that does not mean we should not appreciate the difference and attempt to maintain some kind of semblance of balance in this reality.

There is no jail time regarding human experience 'constructs' (good/bad). All experience sans judgement is seen as progressing that individual soul as seen fit. Bank robber this life? OK, Nun in a past life? OK.

andy: Else whats the fecking point in this life or the next verse, if there is one?

You are building unique personalities with each life time that comprise your 'soul group' which defines God.

andy: It may well all be about the experience, and "do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law", but knowing right from wrong, good or bad, has a significant impact on not only our own experience of whatever we consider to be reality, but also on others around us.

You knowing defy the Law (thus are a criminal)...that it the key. You know and accept it without regret. BE A GOOD CRIMINAL! The power of this is just as great as being a do-gooder Mother Theresa type.
edit on 29-8-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

A circle has no sides, apart from an up-side and a down-side.

PPhhhtt.

DB is a circle and he has sides...

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Come see me before you take the new job. You’re going to need a lobotomy, I have a new drill I’ve been wanting to use and....what the hell, I’ll do it for free, look at it as my going away present to you, besides, you’ll not be needing anything up there any longer anyways if you’re jumping ship. We’re going to miss you bud.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

You seem to have a lot more answers than me.

Pray, tell all the same why im i a criminal?

For someone with all the answers, you seem to be making a hell of a lot of assumptions.

There is no law but those we choose to follow unless you are a sheep, in which there is no shame, but it's nice to be nice.

Criminal???

I ken where true crime lies, and it's not at my feet. x
edit on 29-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Infinitely so i imagine.

Shades of grey and all that jazz.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

You seem to have a lot more answers than me. Pray, tell all the same why im i a criminal?
For someone with all the answers, you seem to be making a hell of a lot of assumptions.
There is no law but those we choose to follow unless you are a sheep, in which there is no shame, but it's nice to be nice.

Criminal???
I ken where true crime lies, and it's not at my feet. x

Why would YOU be forever labled a Criminal if that is just a momentary behavior of yours (you acted out as such), as tomorrow you may behave as a Sainted one and give the local anonymous poor your best goats.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Naw, no, no answer the query to back your spurious assumption, how im i a criminal?

You're the one dishing out labels and passing it off as wisdom.

I don't know who you are, but im apt for letting you tell us since you seem to claim to understand what happens in the next verse. x

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

One does not just walk from the dork side to the dark side though...

There are no consequences regarding this (unless you yourself place them upon yourself).

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Naw, no, no answer the query to back your spurious assumption, how im i a criminal?
You're the one dishing out labels and passing it off as wisdom.
I don't know who you are, but im apt for letting you tell us since you seem to claim to understand what happens in the next verse. x

You are a Criminal because you seem to define or percieve yourself as one. Its all on you.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

There are always consequences.

If you require clarification of such.

Just ask entropy.

Cause and effect in this verse is how we roll.

Self en placed consequences are still consequence, and by your very own law no less.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Please elaborate.

You're the one handing out definitions and labels.

Then again labels are important, especially where stupid people are concerned. x

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join