It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IG releases report on Comey says he broke policy releasing memos to friend

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The reason Comey was fired?

ironic trump as potus did not actually need one

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Grambler

Only someone completely brainwashed would read this report and say its a complete exoneration for comey.

without prosecution, I would submit that exoneration is exactly what it is
not that we do that in this country

Despite breaking the law, he was allowed to get away with it scott free, and corruption at the intel communities will continue unabated.

as long as he walks free he is an example of this administrations corruption

Do you think there is enough evidence to persuade a jury that he knowingly violated the law for a prosecutor to make the effort to go to court? That is the real question.

the AG didn't think so
that is all that really matters in this instance

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I am not sure what this “administration” has to do with a jury having a strong enough case to convict?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Comey would have looked toxic for anyone who had gotten the presidency after the way he conducted himself in the months leading up to the election.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Only someone completely brainwashed would read this report and say its a complete exoneration for comey.

Despite breaking the law, he was allowed to get away with it scott free, and corruption at the intel communities will continue unabated.

Do you think there is enough evidence to persuade a jury that he knowingly violated the law for a prosecutor to make the effort to go to court? That is the real question.

the AG didn't think so

Do you think there is enough evidence to persuade a jury that he knowingly violated the law for a prosecutor to make the effort to go to court? That is the real question

You didn’t answer the question. Shrugs and walks away....
edit on 29-8-2019 by neutronflux because: Added question

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Despite breaking the law, he was allowed to get away with it scott free,

Yep. Which is why I have no confidence in Barr handling the investigation surrounding Epstein's death. As some of us suspected, he's part of the "swamp" and I'm amazed Trump's Intuition didn't catch it. Perhaps he was misled by his advisors. Regardless, it seems this link, which I included in a thread that I posted a week ago, is spot on:

William Barr’s Deep State Resume: Cover-Ups, Covert Ops, and Pardons A close examination of Barr’s legal career indicates a high tolerance for presidentially sanctioned law-breaking

Trump’s nominee to be attorney general has what Trump might call “deep state” credentials.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

This isnt an exoneration of wrong doing.

imo it is
barr chose not to prosecute the instances you pointed out of comey actually breaking the law

It could be read as an exoneration of law breaking, which is why its so infuriating to see the law breaking outlined in black and white and barr to refuse to prosecute.

ok
tomato
to ma toe

But one can act corruptly an unethically without being accused of breaking the law. this ceratinaly shows comey did that, and violated FBI policy, which is not only reason to fire and withold any pension, but to remove and access to classified info or government jobs in the future. so its not total exoneration as duderino claims.

with respect to being arrested for a crime it still is

and yet his posts illustarted exactly why I said this is such a big desl that barr let him go, this will be spun as Comey being a hero and great person. He is right to be celebrating today; he got the special counsel he wanted, got to book deals and hero status he wanted, and got to break the law to do it and get no punishment whatsoever,

I agree

It appears to me today the new boss is no different than the old boss sadly

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

I am not sure what this “administration” has to do with a jury having a strong enough case to convict?

The AG is part of the administration and is the one who made the determination about this instance going to a jury.
Strong or no the determination was made by the AG of what appears to be a corrupt administration.
The evidence was laid out in abundance and with clarity by the IG.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Comey would have looked toxic for anyone who had gotten the presidency after the way he conducted himself in the months leading up to the election.

perhaps
how he looked was no excuse for his attempted coup imo

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Arnie123

I thought Comey had fabricated a witch hunt against the president?!?!

That cannot just be fire worthy... that would have to be criminal.

James Comey did not fabricate The Witch Hunt. He took part in it. That will be made clear when the next Inspector General report comes out on fisa spy warrant abuse.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

the AG didn't think so

Do you think there is enough evidence to persuade a jury that he knowingly violated the law for a prosecutor to make the effort to go to court? That is the real question

yes I do think there was more than enough evidence sited by the ig to persuade a jury that comey knowingly violated the law

especially when regular people get prosecuted and convicted for taking photos of the vessel they are attached to while serving their country

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

James Comey did not fabricate The Witch Hunt. He took part in it.

you know this how?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The responsibility to protect sensitive law enforcement information falls in large part to the employees of the FBI who have access to it through their daily duties. On occasion, some of these employees may disagree with decisions by prosecutors, judges, or higher ranking FBI and Department officials about the actions to take or not take in criminal and counterintelligence matters. They may even, in some situations, distrust the legitimacy of those supervisory, prosecutorial, or judicial decisions. But even when these employees believe that their most strongly-held personal convictions might be served by an unauthorized disclosure, the FBI depends on them not to disclose sensitive information.

Former Director Comey failed to live up to this responsibility. By not safeguarding sensitive information obtained during the course of his FBI employment, and by using it to create public pressure for official action, Comey set a dangerous example for the over 35,000 current FBI employees—and the many thousands more former FBI employees—who similarly have access to or knowledge of non-public information.......
www.scribd.com...

(bolding mine)

Pg 60 says it all. IMO, James Comey will go down in history as a self-righteous weasel.

Horowitz's report shows that they know it and so does the American people. Reading the report, it was confirmed that Comey has an exaggerated opinion of himself and thinks he is morally superior to everyone. His "explanations" for why he chose various actions and inactions highlights it.

Yes, Barr let him off the hook on these charges. But, James Comey sullied the reputation of not only himself, but the entire FBI, and that is how he will be remembered, imo.

Today he is tweeting about this "lack of evidence" knowing full well that most people will not read the 83-page report which clearly shows he IS a liar and leaker, but drew a lucky get-out-of-jail free card by the head "sheriff".

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

The responsibility to protect sensitive law enforcement information falls in large part to the employees of the FBI who have access to it through their daily duties. On occasion, some of these employees may disagree with decisions by prosecutors, judges, or higher ranking FBI and Department officials about the actions to take or not take in criminal and counterintelligence matters. They may even, in some situations, distrust the legitimacy of those supervisory, prosecutorial, or judicial decisions. But even when these employees believe that their most strongly-held personal convictions might be served by an unauthorized disclosure, the FBI depends on them not to disclose sensitive information.

Former Director Comey failed to live up to this responsibility. By not safeguarding sensitive information obtained during the course of his FBI employment, and by using it to create public pressure for official action, Comey set a dangerous example for the over 35,000 current FBI employees—and the many thousands more former FBI employees—who similarly have access to or knowledge of non-public information.......
www.scribd.com...

(bolding mine)

Pg 60 says it all. IMO, James Comey will go down in history as a self-righteous weasel.

Horowitz's report shows that they know it and so does the American people. Reading the report, it was confirmed that Comey has an exaggerated opinion of himself and thinks he is morally superior to everyone. His "explanations" for why he chose various actions and inactions highlights it.

Yes, Barr let him off the hook on these charges. But, James Comey sullied the reputation of not only himself, but the entire FBI, and that is how he will be remembered, imo.

Today he is tweeting about this "lack of evidence" knowing full well that most people will not read the 83-page report which clearly shows he IS a liar and leaker, but drew a lucky get-out-of-jail free card by the head "sheriff".
You said it best and this mirrors my perspective as well.

Comey is done and this will be used as fodder during re-election push.

In fact, his own twitter is damn near ratioed.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

the AG didn't think so

yes I do think there was more than enough evidence sited by the ig to persuade a jury that comey knowingly violated the law

especially when regular people get prosecuted and convicted for taking photos of the vessel they are attached to while serving their country

Sorry. Had to check your statement for accuracy..

After pleading guilty to illegally retaining defense information, in August 2016 he was sentenced to 12 months in prison and released in September 2017.

www.newsweek.com...

You think Comey would plead guilty like Saucier, the sub guy?

Shrugs again....

edit on 29-8-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Yes, indeed. He has lost all respect, his reputation is in tatters.
He will forever be remembered for being the spineless liar that he is.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Sorry. Had to check you statement for accuracy.

no worries it is welcome

You think Comey would plead guilty like Saucier, the sub guy?

nope

but in this instance we will never know as the AG chose not to prosecute

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Duderino
Embarrassing guys. Calling me names and trying to make fun - but I get why that is.

You were lied to and you bought it, then you repeated that lie about a million times. Now it looks really bad to the point that your own people are disowning the Attorney General because they are so disappointed over this.

And now that the lie has been exposed you are still trying to hang onto the lie that you just simply can't comprehend what has happened. You are in shock, but I want you to know I understand.

I also want you to know you should get ready for more of feeling like this. You bought some 12,000 lies, do you think this is the only one that's gonna come back to feel like this one?

Just one of many.
*Yawn*

Dude, stop your crying and complaining because nobody agrees with your 💩 opinions on the subject.

Stick the to the thread and develop thick skin, nothing you say or push will convince anybody of anything because your a liberal media mouthpiece and hate our POTUS.

The irony is your being deceptive while pushing deceptive media, how many post and threads of yours have been removed and closed? Yeah, thought so 😘

Comey was rightfully terminated and the IG found numerous policy violations you willfully omitted to push an agenda and perspective, you're no different that Comey and McCabe.

You seem really angry over this. But it will be ok, live and learn Arnie. We all fall for a lie from time to time. Some more than others.

If you need to consult and air out, or if you even want to call me names and let some steam off AND not get in trouble: feel free to PM me. I promise I won't turn you in, I'm just giving you a chance to let some of that anger out.

Hope you feel better, have a good day.
What's interesting is this is the second time you've approached the emotional angle in regards to my rebuttals, in fact, those calling out others about being angry are usually the ones angered by what was said, why else push this emotional facade?

Well, it's because you're clearly and obviously triggered by my response post to you. Apparently, not only are you a serial fabricator of fake news via liberal media, but an arm chair Psychologist too, go figure 😉

I don't need to PM you for anything other than a "Haha" and an empty pitcher for "tears only" during the 2020 re-election cycle.

Duderino, stick to facts and perhaps, you might be much better recieved, ATS is an extremely rare gift for all of us Users, don't casually cast it off as just another website "meh".

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Aw, c'mon, at least Comey isn't asking for the public's apology:

“I don’t need a public apology from those who defamed me, but a quick message with a ‘sorry we lied about you’ would be nice,”

“And to all those who’ve spent two years talking about me ‘going to jail’ or being a ‘liar and a leaker’—ask yourselves why you still trust people who gave you bad info for so long, including the president,” he added:

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Is there anything worse than an arrogant, self righteous liar?

Jame's Comey needs an apology like Jussie Smollet needs an apology.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join