It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IG releases report on Comey says he broke policy releasing memos to friend

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here is the actual IG report on Comey where they find that he violated FBI policy by releasing his memos to his friend.

www.scribd.com...

Another link if that one isnt working.

thehill.com...

I will post more after I read the entire report.

ETA:

Here is my video outlining the three crimes I believe this showed Comey committed, and how terrible it is Barr is not prosecuting.

edit on 29-8-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Bottom line?

DOJ will not prosecute.

That's all you need to know.

There is no justice in our system.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have to say I agree. Just as when Comey listed Hillary's crimes, then said they wouldn't prosecute, justice is not universal at all. I really wish the leaders who run things would just come right out and say it. We have our rules, and they have none. Want to pork little kids? no problem, call that guy. If he get's caught, we'll suicide him and go to the next. Never a shortage of sleazy assholes. Don't want to get caught? Just pretend it never happened. The news will forget, and so will the masses.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

''Comey Violated Department and FBI Policies Pertaining to the Retention, Handling, and Dissemination of FBI Records and Information''

''..after his removal as FBI Director two months later, Comey provided a copy of Memo 4, which Comey had kept without authorization, to Richman with instructions to share the contents with a reporter for The New York Times''

"Comey set a dangerous example for the over 35,000 current FBI employees—and the many thousands more former FBI employees—who similarly have access to or knowledge of non-public information."

Comeys voicing his thoughts on Twitter almost immediately...

its making me sick!
edit on 29/8/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Exactly.

Moreover, I heard last night that one of the concerns for any prosecution would be the all leftist juries these prosecutions would bring, resulting in acquittals despite the evidence.

We have reached critical mass. Nothing works as intended anymore.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Really 3 yrs of BS that Comey put this country through and nothing? Pitch forks.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

James Comey also sat on the board for HSBC while they were money laundering for drug cartels and terrorists (Loretta Lynch, Eric Holder also ignored what was going on with HSBC).

HSBC had to pay some fines but the criminal activity was much more profitable for HSBC and the fines didn't hold anyone accountable in the slightest.

Meanwhile, Loretta Lynch, Eric Holder, the Obamas, Biden, they are all touted as posterchildren for "morale" and all that is good! Disgusting, ass-backwards world we live in with complicit MSM and oblivious masses who buy into everything they are told

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

''Comey Violated Department and FBI Policies Pertaining to the Retention, Handling, and Dissemination of FBI Records and Information''

''..after his removal as FBI Director two months later, Comey provided a copy of Memo 4, which Comey had kept without authorization, to Richman with instructions to share the contents with a reporter for The New York Times''

"Comey set a dangerous example for the over 35,000 current FBI employees—and the many thousands more former FBI employees—who similarly have access to or knowledge of non-public information."

Comeys voicing his thoughts on Twitter almost immediately...

its making me sick!

that's rich. He's laughing at the system, his system. I almost hope more comes our and he's still not jailed, just to prove to the few hold outs that justice is indeed just a stupid word for stupid folks to believe in.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So lying under oath means nothing? They just don't get it: if we can't trust the justice system, the alternative is that we 'll need to seek justice outside that system.

link   

I'm hopeful that the reason why they didnt move forward with charges here on Comey is due to BIGGER things coming just around the corner with the FISA abuses... Why waste your time with this, when there's something SO explosive coming in... I'm hopeful this is the reason, but I must say, there is a little bit of concern that we are seeing the same ole song and dance with the DOJ where they refuse to go hard/set examples with their own....

Is it funny/odd/sad that the only people seemingly ever made examples of are low level workers who dont follow protocol (ie take a picture on a nuclear sub or maybe how a low level worker handled classified material), see these people have the book tossed at them, but the head of the FBI gets a slap on the wrist.... I hope something bigger is coming.

link   
This serves to tarnish everything else Comey was involved in...including any testimony.
Flynn is home free.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Seriously? Comey's going to gloat because the report says that Comey didn't directly release the memos to the media? He's already publicly stated that he gave it to a "friend" (Ben Wittes) to release to the media. Just because Wittes wasn't his attorney at the time of the release (even though he is now) doesn't make Wittes innocent, or Comey for that matter. This tweet will come back to bite Comey in the butt.

edit on 29-8-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

It's amazing to me that that guy is still walking around free. The tweets just add insult to injury. We need to lock him up, lock her up and lock up the whole lot of them.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Bottom line?

DOJ will not prosecute.

That's all you need to know.

There is no justice in our system.

from the link

We have previously faulted Comey for acting unilaterally and inconsistent with Department policy.103 Comey’s unauthorized disclosure of sensitive law enforcement information about the Flynn investigation merits similar criticism. In a country built on the rule of law, it is of utmost importance that all FBI employees adhere to Department and FBI policies, particularly when confronted by what appear to be extraordinary circumstances or compelling personal convictions. Comey had several other lawful options available to him to advocate for the appointment of a Special Counsel, which he told us was his goal in making the disclosure. What was not permitted was the unauthorized disclosure of sensitive investigative information, obtained during the course of FBI employment, in order to achieve a personally desired outcome. The OIG has provided this report to the FBI and to the Department of Justice Office of Professional Responsibility for action they deem appropriate.

the ig did his job
it is up to the doj to follow through
like they did with Michael Flynn ,Alex van der Zwaan,George Papadopoulos,Rick Gates

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Comey may just have to see his past come home to roost.

FBI directors are supposed to work from behind the scene with decorum. They are not public figures, and yet he wanted to put himself out there front and center. He wanted to attach his name and face to every high profile case the FBI was working on.

Well, I hope the book deals were worth it... Because the rumored dreams of politics don't look good for someone who's name is synonymous with #### ups.
edit on 29-8-2019 by CriticalStinker because: I can't spell, I'm probably an idiot, lets be honest.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
This serves to tarnish everything else Comey was involved in...including any testimony.
Flynn is home free.

Exactly right. This mini-report is laying the groundwork for a lot of "overturning" to come. Three more reports/investigations are inbound.

edit on 8/29/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What?!

We found it particularly concerning that Comey did not tell anyone from the FBI that he had retained copies of the Memos in his personal safe at home, even when his Chief of Staff, the FBI's Associate Deputy Director, and three SSAs came to Comey's house on May 2, 2017, to inventory and remove all FBI property.

Let me get this straight, did Comey make these agents search for the memos without telling them where they were when they showed up at his house to get them?

Comey's really messed up mentally.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
What?!

We found it particularly concerning that Comey did not tell anyone from the FBI that he had retained copies of the Memos in his personal safe at home, even when his Chief of Staff, the FBI's Associate Deputy Director, and three SSAs came to Comey's house on May 2, 2017, to inventory and remove all FBI property.

Let me get this straight, did Comey make these agents search for the memos without telling them where they were when they showed up at his house to get them?

Comey's really messed up mentally.

Almost like he learned those habits by some of those he investigated.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This small "memo" investigation started in June 2018, and was ordered by FBI Director Chris Wray.

www.newsweek.com...

I hear It's been finished for awhile, but was held for "timing" reasons.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So I am almost through the whole thing.

I have to say I have almost no faith in Barr at this point.

This report makes it cut and dry that Comey broke the law, including at least giving classified material to people with no right to see it, not handing over that material when he knew he was to hand over all classified and FBI work material, and lying to congress about who he gave that material to.

There is no reason not to prosecute. The idea that Barr has him on other things and this was too small to prosecute is absurd.

Comey should be prosecuted for all of his crimes. Barr letting him off shows that once more the system is broken, and nothing will change.

I have no sympathy for Trump in being attacked by members of the intel community if he is so dumb he is appointing people who will defend those very same people attacking him by just saying shame on them but not prosecuting them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join