It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IG releases report on Comey says he broke policy releasing memos to friend

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

That's the real crime that will do him in.

based on today....

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

But leaking classified documents is a different story.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If that is what the IG report said then yeah sure. If they are just calling it a policy violation then no.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Alright, I am a little confused. The portion I read claims he removed material deemed classified and it referenced two classifications, Secret and Confidential, before he released them to the media. The report seems to take extreme measures to not claim he broke any laws but instead violated policies relating to removing government property.

I was hopeful the report would be as devastating as many claimed. It is in a way, as the Director violated the very established policies he was governed by as well as holding subordinates accountable as well. Think of the many who were rebuked, suspended, or fired for violating the same policies Comey violated, I would be looking at my options if I was in their shoes.

Again, clarify for me as to what I missed since I came away with the opinion that he was sort of exonerated for the release of any classified material, other than taking it home which is a serious violation in and of itself. I know I would still be in prison if I took classified material home while I was in the military. I didn't read the whole report like you did so I may have missed it. And does it mention if his clearance has now been revoked for these violations ?

edit on 8/29/2019 by DJMSN because: corrections

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Bingo.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If that is what the IG report said then yeah sure. If they are just calling it a policy violation then no.

I see what you're saying.

Basically their wording is foreshadowing how they'll handle it. AKA, based on wording, it looks like it won't be legal recourse.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The bottom line:

In Comey and McCabe, Obama/Biden picked two corrupt individuals to run America's most prestigious law enforcement agency.

But Barack said his was the only "Scandal Free" administration.

LOL.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here are the three laws I believe this shows Comey broke.

1. He did not return the memos to the FBI when they came to his home and requested all FBI material be returned.

Comey says he reasoning for this was that he felt they were his and not FBI property.

But everyone at the FBI, even his friends and colleagues, disagreed with that, showing it was an absurd claim.

Page 57 shows that Baker, Mccabe, Rybicki and others who were aware of these memos all along always assumed them to be FBI property, and had no clue Comey had retained this FBI property, some of which was classified, in his home.

Now I will admit that I can not find the exact law, but I am pretty certain failing to return government property is against the law.

2. Giving Fbi only and classified material to people with the intent to disseminate it to the press.

This is clearly a violation of misusing classified material.

Page 13 of the IG report outlines how this violates US 18 USC 793 d or f.

This is cut and dry. Comey defense was twofold; one he didnt know this info was classified.

But he admits on page 51 of the report that he knew there was a chance that he could have been wrong on his beliefs about this not being classified, and he knew there would be consequences if this was the case.

This means his "Intent" was he knew it could be classified, but released the material anyways.

The reason he gives for not asking others at the FBI permission to keep or leak these memos was that he felt this would jeopardize the ability for the memos to be made public.

This also speaks to his intent, as he purposefully withheld the info from the proper channels in order to do the most damage possible to trump, because he thought he was a hero saving America.

Allowing Comey to get away with this means the precedent has been set that anyone at any level may release classified info to the public and not be charged criminally so long as they feel the info should not be classified and they are helping the country.

3. Comey lied to congress

Page 52 and 53 outlines a question he was asked in fornt of congress.

Susan collins asks

"Did you show copies of your memos to anyone outside the justice department?"

Comey says yes.

She then follows up

"And whom did you show copies?"

Comey responds that because of the Presidents tweet about there being possible tapes of the conversations, he decided to release one memo to a friend of his to release to the media to prompt a special counsel.

This was a lie.

Comey in fact released 4 memos to three different people.

Comey says on page 53 he didnt tell Collins about the other people because he didnt think he needed to because they were his lawyers, and there were no follow up questions.

That is irrelevant. Comey clearly lied and misled collins by saying he only released one memo to his Columbia law professor.

Keep in mind that Flynn, Papadopolous, and cohen were all charged with lying to investigators or congress, and many of there lies were forgetting conversations or dates.

Comey actually lied about a direct question that was material to the hearing at hand; who did he release this FBI material too.

Just like McCabe though, for some reason, anyone not connected to t4rump is allowed to lie willfully to congress or the fbi and not be charged.

Again. these are three crimes cut and dry (well at least two until I find the law regarding refusing to turn over or stealing FBI mateiral)

The fact these we not charged even though the IG referred them for prosecution gives me almost no faith in Barr.

edit on 29-8-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I'm watching of course... and trying to keep everything in its proper perspective and context... which is of course made all the more difficult by the many false leaks and fake news and... well.... you know.

And this includes the revelations of Byrnes, the CEO of Overstock, that Hillary was being spied on as well. I won't derail your thread by going into too much detail, but I will say that as long as the spying on Hillary (as well as her supporters) is being kept under the public radar, nothing is what it seems.

When Admiral Rogers warned Trump about Team Obama's spying (and yes, I have no doubt Obama was not only aware, but calling the shots), he knew about Hillary too. Trump knows about Hillary as well. As does Barr and the IG and everyone else involved at the top.

I've said before and I'll say again, Obama is not Hillary's friend... Trump is Hillary's friend. Team Obama screwed Team Hillary royally. She wants revenge and Trump wants leverage. And I expect the true bombshells will come in October 2020.

This ain't over by a long shot.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Again. these are three crimes cut and dry (well at least two until I find the law regarding refusing to turn over or stealing FBI mateiral)

The fact these we not charged even though the IG referred them for prosecution gives me almost no faith in Barr.

At this point, I can't bring myself to have any faith in the FBI or DOJ at all. It seems as if anything like fair & even justice is gone.
edit on 29-8-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Arnie123

So much has already been out in the open

What does that matter?

The media will act like it’s not a big deal, no one will be punished, and nothing will change.

Criminals in the intel community will continue to be above the law and influence our elections more than Russia ever could, and the majority of people will forget about this story in a week, or think it’s no big deal because no one was arrested

Heck the usual crowd will be all over the media and even ats saying “see comey didn’t break any laws!”

Even comey himself is bragging right now!

If trumps doj let’s this slide, he deserves all of the attacks he will receive here on out from the intel community

I don't disagree, however, we must be mindful with the facts, that's what seperates us from the leftist.

If these are all policy violations and not something prosecutable, than we have to take what we get in those regards.

However, Comeys reputation is DESTROYED. That is punishment in our society.

It also shows that Trump was correct in FIRING Comey, which I will add that the Dems have tried to use as an "Instance for Obstruction of Justice" and now that this is exposed, effectively kills that argument.

Is it ever a wonder why Dems have gone quiet about impeachment? Have you see little chub that Jerry Nadler is?

Comey is corrupt, a fraud and a leaking liar. We get it, he didn't leak material to the media, he leaked to a "friend" who of which leaked to the media, that same friend is now his Lawyeelr of which he wasn't employed as his Lawyer at the time of leaking.

Still, it was deceptive and all out in the open, he is DONE.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I see Nadler has moved on to investigating money laundering. The fact that this is, what, the fifth thing they're trying to nail Trump on tells me he knows it's just a shot in the dark.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The "Barr is saving Comey for bigger things" excuse is being fed to right-wing pundits/reporters by their "sources" at the DOJ.

I think they might be snookered. The DOJ can charge/indict a person multiple times, over a course of weeks/months/years.

That's what happened to Manafort, and Harvey Weinstein... whose 4th indictment was levied just 3 days ago.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Nadler and Pelosi lied to America. They started the official Impeachment Inquiry into President Trump back in early March...before Mueller had even issued his report.

www.foxnews.com...

All the while, Pelosi was saying "Impeachment is too divisive. He's not worth it!"

Pelosi should not be the leader of the U.S. House.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

This is just my opinion.

I think the only person who has been professional and concerned with justice in this whole debacle so far has been IG Horowitz.

For example, I found his report on the Hillary investigation to be damning of the FBI and comey and people like strzok. But the media downplayed it.

Horowitz, being a pro unlike Mueller, didnt whine and complain he didnt like how the media was spinning his report. he found facts, released them, and kept his mouth shut.

Now look at this report.

To me on page 13 it seems very clear if you read between the lines Horowitz thought they had enough to nail Comey for misghandling classified info. Yet he sent the evidence to Barr, and Barr declined to prosecute.

Unlike Mueller or comey, horowtz didnt then go off on how Comey broke crimes. He just focused on the violation of FBI policy.

That my feeling for what its worth.

But as my above post outlined, I think this report shows 3 crimes at least that comey committed.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: visitedbythem
The reason we have a justice system, is to ensure that the People don't take the law into their own hands. In treating the illegal actions by Comey, Hillary, and Barack, in this manner, they are willfully giving up their own relevancy, and worth. They are inviting a return to the days of Anarchy

One of the problems though is the justice system is politicized... And I'm not saying one side has equity, but rather both sides negate each other's actions so it's harder to go after one without going after all of them.

Take Hillary's email scandal for instance (which was illegal), she got the advice on how to do that from Colin Powell. Even the Bush admin had ways to insulate themselves from the Freedom of Information Act, and even went so far as to wipe their emails before leaving.

If we want true justice and transparency, we'll have to admit that the whole political landscape is corrupt, and must be torn and rebuilt.

We do agree on this. All of them should be prosecuted

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I dont see any harm to comey at all.

Comey already had his reputation destroyed by those he cared about, the left wing elite, when he reopened the hillary investigation a week before the election (even though he admitted he did this to help hillary because he assumed she would win and didnt want this to be used as an excuse from her detractors)

So comey was hated by those he cared about.

At that point, he targets trump, does all sorts of shady things, gets fired, releases the memo hoping a special counsel is appointed.

And low and behold, he gets everything he wants.

special counsel is appointed, its his mentor and friend to boot. That counsel and the fbi help stymie trump for three years in office. This not only hurt trumps agenda, but may have cost the republicans the house in 2-018which comey would have wanted.

It makes him back in the good graces of the left wing elite that he wanted.

He sells some books, gets media appearances.

And now what?

His reputation is hurt and he gets off with committing crimes?

How is that a punishment to comey? His reputation was already crap.

Now he will be seen as more of a martyr to those on the left he likes; this man sacrificed his job to be a hero and take down trump.

Comey is literally BRAGGING right now on twitter, thats how little he was punished.

Just like McCabe got so punished by having his reputation hurt but not being charged with the crimes he committed, hes hurting so much he just got a cushy job at cnn.

This is a sham, Ive lost all faith in Barr, and combined with Joe Deginova saying that all of these crimes will be exposed, but Barr will want to play nice and not charge anyone, I am starting to have no fath any of these criminals will be punished.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The reason we have a justice system, is to ensure that the People don't take the law into their own hands. In treating the illegal actions by Comey, Hillary, and Barack, in this manner, they are willfully giving up their own relevancy, and worth. They are inviting a return to the days of Anarchy

One of the problems though is the justice system is politicized... And I'm not saying one side has equity, but rather both sides negate each other's actions so it's harder to go after one without going after all of them.

Take Hillary's email scandal for instance (which was illegal), she got the advice on how to do that from Colin Powell. Even the Bush admin had ways to insulate themselves from the Freedom of Information Act, and even went so far as to wipe their emails before leaving.

If we want true justice and transparency, we'll have to admit that the whole political landscape is corrupt, and must be torn and rebuilt.

We do agree on this. All of them should be prosecuted

I'd even be OK on letting bygones be bygones (many were just doing what they were taught, and it was standard practice by so many)... And our system of checks and balances being restored to the original capacities. Those with oversight and authority letting it be known, from this day forward, everything is done by the book. Anyone working for the government needs to realize they are employees of the American people, at the end of the day it is we the people. So there must be transparency and accountability.

Just as I am not allowed to communicate company matters unless through my company email, the same should be expected of our employees. So that at the end of the day, we can find and address problems. It's the only way to restore the democracy where citizens are in charge, not the other way around.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I am starting to have no fath any of these criminals will be punished.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wait till we find out (if we ever find out) that Comey has blanket immunity from Obama (in advance) and it's sealed.

Obama may have granted a pardon in advance too and it may be sealed as well.

The last Administration had plenty of time between Nov 8th, 2016 and Jan 17, 2020.

Not as impossible as you may think

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join