It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IG releases report on Comey says he broke policy releasing memos to friend

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

okay, so you have no faith in Barr, but what WAS Bills response to this? Or are we still waiting on word from him?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That's a complete and total exoneration of Comey.

I usually would not use those exact words, but now that they have been redefined to acquire all meanings, it's very fitting here.

The most important thing to take from this is not that he gave an unclassified memo to a friend, we all already knew that, it is that there was NO classified information anywhere. This means he now has an open road to a lawsuit for wrongful termination. No crime, no termination.

This just opened up a whole new can of worms on why Trump fired him.

Comey said on Twitter that people who have accused him of sharing classified information should apologize.

“To all those who’ve spent two years talking about me ‘going to jail’ or being a ‘liar and a leaker’—ask yourselves why you still trust people who gave you bad info for so long, including the president,” he said.

edit on 29-8-2019 by Duderino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

I usually would not use those exact words, but now that they have been redefined to acquire all meanings, it's very fitting here.

The most important thing to take from this is not that he gave an unclassified memo to a friend, we all already knew that, it is that there was NO classified information anywhere. This means he now has an open road to a lawsuit for wrongful termination. No crime, no termination.

Comey said on Twitter that people who have accused him of sharing classified information should apologize.

“To all those who’ve spent two years talking about me ‘going to jail’ or being a ‘liar and a leaker’—ask yourselves why you still trust people who gave you bad info for so long, including the president,” he said.

[...]

Some Republicans said the Inspector General’s report provides more evidence that the FBI was motivated by political considerations when it started investigating the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russia.

Some Republicans, not Democrats, are saying his termination was politically motivated. This isn't going anywhere, Trump admin just made sure of that.

That's FALSE.

Policy violations result in firings, Trump was justified, you're just being obtuse, but we can't expect you to define reality in anyway.

You leftist simply don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

did you even read the report?

no classified material anywhere?

Page 58 shows how much classified info was in the memos that were given to his lawyers.

Starting on page 42 it goes through pages of how the FBI reviwe showed some of the info on these memos were classified.

And the fact that you think this damning indictment of going against FBI policy is a total exoneration only does two things.

1. shows just how deluded you are.

2. Proves my point that people like you and the media will cheer for this corruption and Comey's reputation will not be hurt at all with the crowd that willfully cheers intel agency corruption; ie acadmeia, the entertainment industry, silicon valley, and the msm.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

[...]

Some Republicans said the Inspector General’s report provides more evidence that the FBI was motivated by political considerations when it started investigating the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russia.

Some Republicans, not Democrats, are saying his termination was politically motivated. This isn't going anywhere, Trump admin just made sure of that.

That's FALSE.

Policy violations result in firings, Trump was justified, you're just being obtuse, but we can't expect you to define reality in anyway.

Arnie, it does not seem you coprehend what has happened.

No crime, no prosecution, no legal termination.

Complete and total exoneration.

Scream into the wind all you want, call people obtuse since you get sanctioned for using words that you really want to use - but you're wrong, sir.

He was fully exonerated. I don't care that you are loud, you're still wrong.

edit on 29-8-2019 by Duderino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
from the link:

We have previously faulted Comey for acting unilaterally and inconsistent with Department policy.103 Comey’s unauthorized disclosure of sensitive law enforcement information about the Flynn investigation merits similar criticism. In a country built on the rule of law, it is of utmost importance that all FBI employees adhere to Department and FBI policies, particularly when confronted by what appear to be extraordinary circumstances or compelling personal convictions. Comey had several other lawful options available to him to advocate for the appointment of a Special Counsel, which he told us was his goal in making the disclosure. What was not permitted was the unauthorized disclosure of sensitive investigative information, obtained during the course of FBI employment, in order to achieve a personally desired outcome. The OIG has provided this report to the FBI and to the Department of Justice Office of Professional Responsibility for action they deem appropriate.

This means he now has an open road to a lawsuit for wrongful termination. No crime, no termination.

seems you are confused, as it does not take a crime to fire the fbi director
just a recommendation of such from the AG and the Deputy AG

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

literally the stupidest thing I have read all day!
huzzah

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

huzzah

Truth hurts?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Comey opened himself up to be fired by making himself a public figure, and politicizing his position.

Why anyone defends him is beyond me, because truth be told, he was out for himself.

The reason he got fired ironically was the way he handled the Clinton investigation.... Many would think that means Trump didn't like the outcome, but rather they used the justification of his unorthodox letter to congress revealing he had gotten more information on the case ( I believe it was Weiners laptop), and was reviewing the information. Typically the FBI doesn't make public statements about ongoing investigations involving someone campaigning for public office.

Truth is, Comey played everything fast and loose, he mishandled stuff for both sides. Sometimes it would appear he was playing ball for one side, and then another revelation would come out making the inverse to appear true. But I think he was always playing ball from himself, attempting to play all sides at once... And at the end of the day, the FBI director shouldn't be doing anything that effects politics.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

huzzah

Truth hurts?

not really [SNIP]
it does not take a crime to be terminated

Civility and Decorum are expected

edit on 29/8/19 by argentus because: Removed insult

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

huzzah

Truth hurts?

not really dummy

You guys need to start taking news like adults, this is embarrassing for you.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

huzzah

Truth hurts?

not really dummy

the only thing embarrassing is your lack of civics knowledge
but since you have doubled down on your stupid claim, maybe not
i guess one cant be embarrassed if they are simply ignorant

edit on 29/8/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

[...]

That's FALSE.

Arnie, it does not seem you coprehend what has happened.

Complete and total exoneration.

Scream into the wind all you want, call people obtuse since you get sanctioned for using words that you really want to use - but you're wrong, sir.

He was fully exonerated. I don't care that you are loud, you're still wrong.

That's false and it goes to show how radically different your views and perspectives are.

In fact, your views of it are completely false and you're being ignorant about it.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Comedy was shady... Part for the course.

Corruption and a 2 legal systems (one for us and one for them), that is the cornerstone of our political system.

We're no better than any other countries by comparison ; we just mask our dirt with promises of freedom and equality.

So, the headline should be: Trump won't prosecute comedy or Hillary behind the guise if he does, he's opening himself for real scrutiny by those that wish to do so...

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

huzzah

Truth hurts?

not really dummy

You should start first by being mentally mature about our discussions and not willfully disingenuous about the material.

What's embarrassing is your deluded and ignorant perspectives of the matter, you're simply wrong and calling you out is fun becuase you always respond with 💩👎with very little integrity.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Needs new rosin bag and grip cream 😎

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Maybe Comey gets indicted on July 5th, 2020 😎

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

too many white russians

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

So if the IG was saying Comey broke the law, wouldn’t it say he broke the law, and not policy???

Policy seems like a disclaimer word meaning “Comey will not be held accountable for anything”.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

too many white russians
Lmfao, oh I see what you did there 👏🤭🥃

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join