It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone Needs to Condemn China over Hong Kong Right Now!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: schuyler

What do mean over this? Should we let China run roughshod? Hong Kong isn't Chinese anymore than is Australia or Canada or the US.

Legally, Hong Kong belongs to China.

Not till 2047 it doesn't.

If it belonged to them than explain why they aren't already set up there running things?
Explain what all these protests are about.

The people of Hong Kong don't want China to rule over them.
They have spoken!

Stop supporting tyranny with excuses.

As of 1997 it does. The lease expired. China is in charge of Hong Kong. The UN doesn't matter.

HK is autonomous. If it wasn't than the People's Liberation Army would have already "Liberated" HK from their Freedom two decades ago.

Hong Kong is a "Special Administrative District" of CHINA.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

www.newsweek.com...

"I need to reemphasize a plain truth. Hong Kong is part of China, and its affairs are entirely China's internal affairs. We urge the U.S. to observe international law and the basic norms governing international relations, and to stop interfering in China's internal affairs at once," she added.

uh oh

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

www.newsweek.com...

"I need to reemphasize a plain truth. Hong Kong is part of China, and its affairs are entirely China's internal affairs. We urge the U.S. to observe international law and the basic norms governing international relations, and to stop interfering in China's internal affairs at once," she added.

uh oh

Yup. Any questions?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Yes today. What about 30-40 years from now?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yes today. What about 30-40 years from now?

I'm not sure what we're arguing about here. I already addressed that when I said this:

Depends on what the world looks like at that time.

With the landmass of China and the US, it'd be stupid for either to invade the other, and it'd be stupid to cut out that economic market. Especially considering each countries alliances to other militaries and economies.

It'd take China way longer than 6-11 years to build up their military to what the US has.

Neither country wants a war is all I'm saying. It's just saber rattling and posturing to get what each can get. I definitely don't fear a Chinese invasion anytime in my lifetime.
edit on 12-8-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Exactly. We are in this mess because Britain never thought China would have a bigger army than them. Then along comes the 80s and China is not Argentina and Britain can't afford the fight over Hong Kong.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Not much the average american can do.

Maybe refuse to buy anything from china(and tell people that own stores that).

Granted, we should have been doing that years ago, but whatever gets people on the bandwagon is good.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

If its another regime change sorry but I am not. If you support this regime change you might as well support the regime change in Syria.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Its another regime change "color revolution" no different from the ones in the middle east. These protesters are foolish thinking that America or Britain are going to come in as they did in Libya. China/HK is not the middle east.

China knows that most of those protesters are nothing more then agents especially those who had being waving American flags and singing American national anthem.

These color revolutions are always happening in such ironic places and noticed how there are zero color revolutions in Saudi Arabia? either way I will say this.

China is not Iran China is not Syria. Whoever decided to poly out this color revolution is stupid. China will know quickly that it was either America or Britain. This one of great ways of having your assets get exposed.
edit on 12-8-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: highvein

So do you wanna go to WWIII over this, or what?

China won't risk it.

There is also Serbia and Kosovo. Remember?

Then why even gather their forces at the border? To hear what the world says?

Because they think the world will let them just take it the same way Hitler took Austria.

That's why we need to stand together NOW!

And Russia with the Crimea.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

So you actually support a color revolution which is started by NGOs?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've been RT this all over twitter when it first dropped, don't worry, most of us have noticed.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Dont drag poor Ol USA into it.....

The Qing Dynasty LEASED Hong Kong and the New Territories to the British for 99 Years...

That's it, it was a deal, it was part of China, it was business.

Yes it grew into a fine, but very crowded and expensive city, thanks to international trade, and openness by the British.

It was British/Chinese but an autonomous state.

That ALL finished at the end of the lease and the Hand over, back to the original owner.

I think the Chinese have been rather lenient over the past 20 years....they have let most things run as before...heck, they still drive on the correct side of the road and car

So now you want the USA to get involved in something, that is None of their business, just for the hell of it? just for a skirmish or worse a War?

Yes it is sad for the crowded Hong Kong People.......but they can leave, as many of the rich ones are, they have houses here in Oz.

Lets hope the turmoil doesn't escalate further.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If some things don’t change very soon the entire world will be squeezed hard sides will be taken and war will grip us all...
Are you ready for life as you know it to come to an abrupt end?
Forget coming here and talking about it forget checking what’s going on looking at your tv forget having electricity...
Forget the comfort and safety you believe you have in your own home, you will be yanked right out of it...
Forget living if you think your friends and all the guns owned amongst you can help you...
I’m sure you think I’m exaggerating if it doesn’t happen that would be so...
But the problem is we are on the verge of it happening...

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Technically the Treaty of Nanking ceded HK to GB in perpetuity.
It was with the Second Convention of Peking in 1898 that stupidly GB included HK in the New Territories for the 99 year lease thinking that China would never be powerful enough to actually demand it back.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Honest question, do you think a war with China is not likely to happen as soon as China is stronger than the US?

It would still be mad and lead to MAD. Mutually assured destruction.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

What do you think condemning them will accomplish? Are they just going to stop because they are afraid people won't like them? They have veto power in the UN, so they can't do anything.

Words will not solve this. But if the US starts moving warships, planes, etc that might get their attention. If that doesn't work then the US starts sinking their ships that will probably get them to think twice.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Exactly. We are in this mess because Britain never thought China would have a bigger army than them. Then along comes the 80s and China is not Argentina and Britain can't afford the fight over Hong Kong.

You got that wrong.
The corrupt old Gov of the old British empire didn't expect their sons to be that nice today and was hoping the world would be under the King of Britain. You really want to be ruled by a king again? That completely goes against the modern day rules. HK might as well start a new dynasty under HK.
edit on 12-8-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Screw 'em. Their house, their mess.

I've said it time and again, and I'll say it once more -- I'm real damn tired of us being the World Police every time someone stateside whines and every time someone abroad doesn't want to do their own dirty work. If Hong Kong wants to maintain their status quo and not go Full China, then the good folks of HONG KONG need to see to that.

Not the UN.
Not the damn US.

HONG KONG.

They live there, it's their responsibility to look after their home and govern it as they see fit however they can achieve that end, and nobody else.

It's one thing to go in and help people out under the boot of major atrocities that they have zero hope of fighting off. Reabsorbing back into China ain't one of them. If the people of Hong Kong don't like it, they need to buck up and get their hands a little dirtier than just protesting in the streets. Nobody else is going to do that job for them.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

The British empire was far into, if not at the end, of it's decline by the time the Sino-British Joint Declaration was signed in the mid 80's. It has nothing to do with kings. A king wasn't even in control of the UK at the time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join