It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Raids? Hundreds rounded up while at work? .....Just who were these Anti American companies……

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ManWhoWasThursday

You are grasping a straws Mr. Man. It's right there in front of your eyes. The first response was from a poster I have come to trust for his honesty even though we disagree on many issues and on that trust I immediately
admitted my error in way more than one word

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

There's a big food processing company in the NW Chicago suburbs that has attracted hundreds of illegal alien employees. It pays $13 an hour, but employees tell me conditions are horrible. Citizens don't stay long. But illegals put up with the treatment/conditions, because very few companies will hire them, and none of them start at $13 @ hour for non-skilled workers.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I get your point here Spock. Our problems are not so simply corrected if we continue to treat them as single issue problems. We need to work on them as the multi faceted problems that they are.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Here in the midwest the beef processing plants get raided twice a year, quite routine.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It seems like ICE raids happen in July or August every year. Wasn't it Aug of last year there was a big raid? Somethign doesn't seem right about that..

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
It seems like ICE raids happen in July or August every year. Wasn't it Aug of last year there was a big raid? Somethign doesn't seem right about that..

So , what do you think dont sound right about arresting ANYONE criminal , ANYTIME of the year ?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Here in the midwest the beef processing plants get raided twice a year, quite routine.

And that is precisely my point. Twice a year our government raids those plants but they shouldn't have to if the companies were doing their jobs and not hiring illegal workers, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
2.) B*****r I**********l - parent company of C****'s

When I was a manager there, it was an open secret that a sizeable portion of the back of house staff were illegal in some form or fashion. They all had paperwork which allowed them to pass e-verify; the government run verification service that tells employers whether or not a prospect is 'legal.'

The employees would go to the flea markets and for $200-$500 could get a full set of documents that would pass the above referenced screening process. Every now and then one of them would get found out, deported, and within a month be back with a different set of papers from the same flea market working under a different name. I can't tell you how many times I saw this happen.

I've been gone from there for 6 or 7 years now, but I have no doubt that things are still humming along in the exact same way. I worked there for nearly 9 years, so it was during previous administrations that this was occurring.

The immigration policy can has been kicked down the road by congress for decades through numerous administrations. It is not a Trump created dilemma.

They were all good workers; reliable, had great work ethics, good sense of humor, knew their stuff, etc. The only problem is our immigration policies that make it difficult for them to do things the right and proper way. If congress would ever actually do its job rather than all of the political grandstanding, maybe, just maybe, a solution could be crafted, but what would they all have to screech and scream about then?
edit on 8-8-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Good thread, we need to hold companies more accountable.

That's the nature of the corporate world, they sold us out for cheap labor, all in the name of profits, that's Capitalism for you and I'm not arguing making money.

However, I do have a problem when entities within our system CHEAT, as in, hire illegals for significantly LESS

We are a Nation of Laws and thus we must enforce them.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: carewemust

Again as before in this thread. It is not about the immigrants, it is about the companies that hire them. Are you so in favor of these anti-American companies that you cannot even talk about them without turning the conversation to the workers instead of the bosses?

I hear Trump Resorts hires tons of them.

There.. you satisfied, lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

OMG Ed. My massive error. Quick, hold the presses, Terry did the pooch once again.

OK ATS..... Let's start that list again.

1Koch[not the infamous Koch Brothers] Shutem down and prosecute them now

2-??

Over 600 is an error? Even if we break it up it's almost 100 per.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

This everify, i've heard of this before. it would seem tht it is not a very well run organization. Might speak to corporate influence in government agencies.

i agree on all that you say about correcting our immigration laws but I still find it interesting that ice knew these workers were where where they were yet the companies did'nt?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

www.phillymag.com...

and punishment does happen

Willow Grove-based Asplundh Tree Expert pleaded guilty on Thursday to charges of illegally recruiting, hiring and employing undocumented immigrants. The massive company agreed to pay a whopping $95 million in the case, which federal prosecutors say is the largest payment ever levied in an immigration suit. The money includes an $80 million criminal forfeiture judgement and $15 million in civil payment.

With an estimated annual revenue of $3.9 billion, Asplundh is one of the largest private companies in Pennsylvania. The organization employs more than 34,000 people and helps trim trees and clear brush for power and gas lines.

Mind you it took a while for the cases to go through, but they do happen. Though I agree these companies should be given much larger penalties, as often getting such a fine is used as a ... get this... tax write off.
edit on 9-8-2019 by dubiousatworst because: added more to quote, to give reference size.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

a reply to: carewemust

Again as before in this thread. It is not about the immigrants, it is about the companies that hire them. Are you so in favor of these anti-American companies that you cannot even talk about them without turning the conversation to the workers instead of the bosses?

I hear Trump Resorts hires tons of them.

I don't want rumor Care, just an honest appraisal of the totality of this problem we are all on about. Sure, there are some who get all blown out of shape over the few in Trump's group that have come forward with this tale but it has gone no further. One or two here and there is one thing but hundreds at a time is quite another. So until those aqusations about
Trump take on more proof I myself will hold my speculation on Trump.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Right to the crux of the matter Arnie.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

This everify, i've heard of this before. it would seem tht it is not a very well run organization. Might speak to corporate influence in government agencies.

i agree on all that you say about correcting our immigration laws but I still find it interesting that ice knew these workers were where where they were yet the companies did'nt?

everify also triggers alarms when somebody's identity has been stolen.

😎

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

The way ot works is you enter in information from a government issued ID such as Driver license or passport and a social security number. As long as eveything matches up then it comes back verified.

It's basically identity theft that whomever these people are getting the information of and then using those credentials to work under.
edit on 9-8-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

And that is precisely my point. Twice a year our government raids those plants but they shouldn't have to if the companies were doing their jobs and not hiring illegal workers, right?

Its the system from my experience working in a large manufacturing company for 35 years, the illegals of all ethnics use fake and borrowed SS numbers which the company is in no hurry to look into.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Nope charge them and prosecute them to the furthest extent of the law. My problem is with illegal freeloaders living off the system, drug dealers, pedophiles, rapists, violent criminals not hard working, productive individuals working 50+ hours a week to provide a better life for their families. We could use those kinds of family values and work ethic in this country. Yes it was wrong that they came illegally but these are not the bad hombres Trump got you guys all hyped up about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join