It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, they really do want your guns.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Time and time again 2A supporters are told “nobody is coming for your guns.” Time and again 2A supporters are left baffled at how anybody can say that line with a straight face. Gun control advocacy groups, Hollywood, and any number of the political elite are entirely happy to cry “ban all the gunz!” as they sit in their walled compounds with armed security manning the gate.

Luckily, though, the oh-so-unbiased Vox has finally put it in writing. They’ve finally made it easy for 2A supporters to reply to the above claim easily and quickly, with a source, that shows definitively that “they” are most definitely trying to come for our guns. Does Vox make policy? No, of course not. And they certainly don’t enforce policy. What they can do, though, is excoriate the moderate left for not being extreme gun-grabbers who want anything more complex than a wheel gun banned and, if need be, confiscated by force. Somehow, Vox manages to acknowledge that existing gun control laws are rife with poor enforcement and application yet still claim those laws are nowhere near strong enough.

I hope that this kills the notion of “nobody is coming for your guns.” I don’t think it will, but I can hope. Just because one individual member of ATS isn’t coming for your guns doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of voices calling for exactly that.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There is no good reason for any gun that holds more than 25 rounds to be available to the public.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
They want your Guns so they can control YOU!

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

How about defending your freedom?

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
There is no good reason for any gun that holds more than 25 rounds to be available to the public.

What about fighting a tyrannical government that uses 100rd+ belt-fed automatic weapons? You expect me to fight that with a breech-loader? GTFO. Fighting a tyrannical government that is a good enough reason for me.

You don't want me to have my guns with extended mags? Molon Labe

+57 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

There’s no good reason for you to think what I own is any of your business.

+30 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I can think of about 25 good reasons

most of all your opinion shouldn't limit my freedom

edit on 8 6 2019 by dashen because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

it's both sides of the aisle that are working to chip away at the second amendment.
we should not forget that republican politicians also want to infringe on the second amendment.

Trump backs red-flag laws as gun advocates fight to overturn Colorado’s
www.denverpost.com...

Shocking News as Governor of Virgin Islands Orders National Guard to Seize Americans’ Firearms
www.nraila.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

lol

If your up against your government their belt fed weapons is the least of your problems...

NC

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Doesn't matter, if you ban it for the law-abiding citizens the only people with guns that hold more than 25 rounds will be the criminals.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I've been hearing this "they're coming for your guns" nonsense for 30 years. Still have my gun.

Does that mean there aren't some in Congress who want gun control or a gun ban? No, of course not. But even when they had control of Congress, nobody came for my guns or even tried to come for my guns.

It's nothing more than conservative dogma at this point, and the NRA loves it! Boosts membership to have that fear mongering out there constantly. hell, even proposed common sense changes to the background check process get labeled as "THEY'RE COMING FOR OUR GUNS!"

It's silly.

Sincerely, a pretty liberal dude who owns guns.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

There is no good reason for a lot of things...

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Thank you for acknowledging that there are those who want a gun ban.

That was the entire point of the thread.

edit on 6-8-2019 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

Sincerely,

Not a conservative.

edit on 6-8-2019 by Shamrock6 because: I have fat fingers.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Exactly. When he said, quite a while ago, that he favors “Take the guns now and worry about due process later” and I pointed that out as being a tiny bit anti-2A, I was roundly shouted down and told it meant nothing.

And now he’s pushing for more red flag laws.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoClue
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

lol

If your up against your government their belt fed weapons is the least of your problems...

That is a misconception! Our Military is made up of citizens who swore to protect the Constitution. The best scenario for a tyrant here is that the military will split up and fight on both sides. The worst scenario for tyrants here is that most of the military will join the freedom fighters to take down the Tyrants.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Where does the magic number 25 come from? Why not 23? If 23, why not 20? If 20 why not 15? Ir if, why not 10, if 10, why not 6, if 6 why not 2?

A group of 4-10 men enter your house or property and want to kill you. that gives you 2.5 perfect shots to stop each of the 10 people.

Putting limits is stupid and your reasons are always flawed and you cry and whine endlessly and it sick, sad and tiring.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Is it time to start buying 100rd 12ga saiga drums just because I can?
Would make a good belt buckle, or keychain...

Maybe someday I'll even buy the shotgun to go with them!

there is absolutely no reason to tell me what I can and cannot own, and yet I feel like every day new limits are placed on my freedoms.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

If you watched the dems 1st debate almost all of them said they want to remove guns.
Some of them by force if needed.

It is no secret at this point.
It is their agenda.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

If you watched the dems 1st debate almost all of them said they want to remove guns.
Some of them by force if needed.

And then those wanna be tyrants turn around and tell us there's no reason to be afraid and we will not need guns anymore. SILLY ... BE AFRAID ... BE VERY AFRAID!

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

*calmly walks into the thread*

"Come and get 'em."

*calmly walks out of the thread*

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join