It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, they really do want your guns.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Shamrock6

*calmly walks into the thread*

"Come and get 'em."

*calmly walks out of the thread*

They are.

First they came for the fully autos.
And the suppressors.
And the SBRs, and SBS's.
The explosives.
The large-bores.

They came for the bump stocks, and many places have come for the "large" capacity magazines.

A door to door search and steal would never work- we'd be armed and ready.
They know it.
That's why they're doing it one little bite at a time.... and they're successful.
They shut down half the firearm shops in IL so far this year, and they're only getting started.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
There is no good reason for any gun that holds more than 25 rounds to be available to the public.

Ummm...there is no good reason for any anonymous poster...to use more than 25 words to communicate whatever position they espouse...

I'll expect brevity henceforth...comrade...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Gun control advocacy groups, Hollywood, and any number of the political elite are entirely happy to cry “ban all the gunz!”

Hollywood? Really, Hollywood? Have any of us seen the movies coming out of Hollywood for the last thirty or so years? Guns Guns Guns. Big guns, small guns lots a guns. Guns that look menacing guns that can kill thousands at a time. Remember the big guy in Predator? With that huge machine gun as big as a cannon? Ratta tatt, no, more like a bumph bumph bumph as it cut down everything in it's path? That's only one example of the way Hollywood does what it can to ingrain our gun ownership and use in this culture.

No, I have to disagree with Hollywood being anti gun.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

"Come and get 'em."

Calmly prepared to improvise weapons and stuff their guns up there bums.
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
I have!

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

OMG
have you read war and peace?
guns cannons war guns
or a tale of two cities ?
guns war cannons guns

attempting to blame one type of media over the other is farcefull

cassettes are to blame not 8 tracks

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree

"Come and get 'em."

Calmly prepared to improvise weapons and stuff their guns up there bums.
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
I have!

Nah. No drama. I'm a frail old man. A strong gust of wind would knock me over.

I'll hand over every registered firearm that I have, just to be a good citizen.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

A strong gust of wind would knock me over.

The beans are soaking.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You're joking, right?

I don't even know what to say that hasn't already been said. I know you're not stupid. So, educate yourself on how many people are killed per year with a gun that holds less than 25rds vs. a "super scary black colored rifle that must be assault" and get back to me with your findings.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Of course they "want your guns", if by they, you mean the Democrat Uniparty and by "your" you mean the white middle class that is.

And just why do you think that would be? Think its because they're afraid of white guys with guns? Maybe. Is it "for the children"? Maybe.

But the most important reason is hatred of whitey and the notion of dependence. They seize the guns and then they decide who lives or who dies. They seize the white middle class guns and the non-white criminal class is free to loot, pillage and kill white middle class types. The ultimate "reparations" program.

And you know what? Easily, within 20 years or so, the Uniparty will come with the laws at their backs for your guns.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There is no good reason for your car to go over 65 MPH either.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

They shut down half the firearm shops in IL so far this year

Hmm, I wouldn't advertize that fact if I were you...........people find out and they'll start thinking of Illinois when they want a new big screen t.v.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
We have this thread shortly after every shooting event. Still have guns?

Awesome. See you next shooting.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

OMG
have you read war and peace?
guns cannons war guns
or a tale of two cities ?
guns war cannons guns

attempting to blame one type of media over the other is farcefull

cassettes are to blame not 8 tracks

I don't take your additions as a rebuttal Shooter, just an expansion of my point. Hollywood isn't anti-gun, it is pro gun following in a long line of promotional material.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

why would you
your posts are rock solid
lol

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: lordcomac

They shut down half the firearm shops in IL so far this year

Hmm, I wouldn't advertize that fact if I were you...........people find out and they'll start thinking of Illinois when they want a new big screen t.v.

To that, I say GOOD!
Let's make a lesson of that state.
I've never stepped foot in it, and never will unless they build a wall around it and ship me there for not licking their boots.

Say it loud, sing it from the tree tops.
They've shut down half the gun shops in IL in half of the first year since passing new laws that specifically make it hard for gun shops to exist.
They're going to keep doing it. Those laws will spread, and with each new law will come a new wave of citizens suddenly waking up to find that they're criminals now.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Given that the hillbilly apocalypse seems to be upon us, I wouldn't be surprised to see another Brady-style ban in the works. They won't "come for your guns." That's too unrealistic and unworkable. But another Brady bill is a distinct possibility.

Full disclosure: I own firearms, and I enjoy hunting and target shooting. I grew up enjoying those things, as did most of my relatives.

Up to this point, I've been in favor of enacting measures of the low-hanging-fruit variety:
- Background checks
- Closing the loophole at gun shows
- A system to flag people w/mental health issues

At this point, though, I'm afraid my mind is changing: The biggest issue is the one those measures can't address--the easy accessibility of military-style semiautomatic weapons.

As much as I have enjoyed shooting SA weapons, I'm not going to complain if they're banned.
Enough is enough. People are dying.

Thanks a lot wing nuts!

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
There is no good reason for any gun that holds more than 25 rounds to be available to the public.
You're on your own on this one.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Sadly the body count for you to change your mind is significantly less than the body count to secure your rights.
One was just marketed better.

How many have to die on the highway before you stop driving?

edit on 6/8/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Cool.

Afterwards, we can work on meaningful legislation aimed at taking on Mental Health, cause you know, Weapons don't fire, slash or burn on their own.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Yea, we should just sit back and smile. Perhaps wave at folks every now and then. I'm sure nobody will ever try to take our guns. None of the current democratic presidential candidates are interested in taking guns away are they? Well, I'm just to lazy to check, but I'm sure if something important happens, Jefferton will make a thread about it to let us all know what's really going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join