It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, they really do want your guns.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
No guns will be reomoved from Americans in the honor of the multiple victims, I repeat zero guns will be handed in or taken from the American public.

I have read its not the guns that are the problem, its the violent games, religion, politics, recreational drugs, social media, pharma drugs, parenting, society, music influence, funny thing is all these things are in other countries yet no mass shootings at anywhere near the frequency of the USA.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Oh, I know that tendency only too well. I fight it on a regular basis...

Not all Hollywood are of one type. Anyone seen Kelcy Grammer on TV, or in movies lately??

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

And we have laws on the books to address drunk driving.

we have laws on the books to address murder as well

lawcenter.giffords.org...

Despite the large place they occupy in our public consciousness, mass shootings comprise a small fraction of all gun violence, with estimates showing that such violence constitutes less than 1% of all gun deaths.

Your sa is not the problem tho the msm would have you believe otherwise

and it is not the "immigrants" that are at most risk

Black men make up 52% of all gun homicide victims, despite comprising less than 7% of the US population.

Within cities, gun violence is clustered among racially segregated, economically disenfranchised neighborhoods.44 For example, in Boston, 53% of the city’s gun violence occurs in less than 3% of the city’s intersections and streets.45

Of the 36,383 Americans killed with guns each year,8 22,274 are gun suicides (61%), 12,830 are gun homicides

While 36k americans were killed with guns, that cause is #10 in our nation and the 12k associated with #10 is less than 1/4 of that catagory
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

While I wish no one was shot and killed, when taken in totality we have MUCH bigger issues.
Funny how there is no campaign to stop those issues.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yes, he is outspoken.

For me there are two aspects of Hollywood. There is the general overall corporate controlled aspect which has exploited gun fetish for entertainment value for as long as it has been making movies. Generally the overall make a buck mentality of the whole industry. As much as I like the potential of the movie industry for art what I see now is mostly dreck.

Then there are the stars who because of their celebrity due to staring in dreck decide to use the big mike that their celebrity status has offered them to speak their own minds. I don't begrudge them that either way but rather place the blame on the emphasis given their words by the whole of the celebrity and star oriented culture that pervades the modern world.

And not to change the subject but oh well, it is that god forsaken celebrity culture that to my mind offered us every single potus from Reagan on, culminating in our current guy.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: network dude

We have this thread shortly after every shooting event. Still have guns?

Awesome. See you next shooting.

Yea, we should just sit back and smile. Perhaps wave at folks every now and then. I'm sure nobody will ever try to take our guns. None of the current democratic presidential candidates are interested in taking guns away are they? Well, I'm just to lazy to check, but I'm sure if something important happens, Jefferton will make a thread about it to let us all know what's really going on.

Feel better?

as long as you let me know what's appropriate to post and all.

I can tell when an authority figure enters the room. Just don't forget, if anyone does speak of taking away guns in any form, you shut them down quick like and in a hurry, K boss? thanks in advance for being my true hero.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I understand where you're coming from, and I won't argue with the data you've presented. It speaks for itself.
They could try to ban all guns completely, and that wouldn't fix much, if anything.
The FBI's UCS reports detail how many people are killed due to knives, blunt objects, etc., and those things certainly can't be banned. You can't get rid of evil intentions.

There are, however, other measures that can be considered--comprehensive background checks, closing the gun show loophole, etc. Will those things in and of themselves solve the issue? Not likely, but they're a practical start. But the lobbyists on the right won't budge an inch. For lack of action, we're probably going to see another Brady-type bill. Shouldn't we try to do as much as we can first?

Along those same lines, shouldn't we be doing as much as we can to address the socio-economic challenges that create the urban underclass environments, which tend to be the source of several of the statistics you've cited? (Probably thread drift, though.)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
No guns will be reomoved from Americans in the honor of the multiple victims, I repeat zero guns will be handed in or taken from the American public.

I have read its not the guns that are the problem, its the violent games, religion, politics, recreational drugs, social media, pharma drugs, parenting, society, music influence, funny thing is all these things are in other countries yet no mass shootings at anywhere near the frequency of the USA.

don't stop there, you are close.

And there are 270 million guns in the USA. If it's the guns, there should be a mass shooting like these about 7 or 8 times a day. there isn't. it's almost as if there may be another cause.........;perhaps the guns are just a tool used by the shooter, and we need to look at WHY the shooter decided to become....the shooter.

But you just say what the MSM tells you, all your friends will love you for it. Such a good sheep.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

We have this thread shortly after every shooting event. Still have guns?

Awesome. See you next shooting.

Yea, we should just sit back and smile. Perhaps wave at folks every now and then. I'm sure nobody will ever try to take our guns. None of the current democratic presidential candidates are interested in taking guns away are they? Well, I'm just to lazy to check, but I'm sure if something important happens, Jefferton will make a thread about it to let us all know what's really going on.

Feel better?

as long as you let me know what's appropriate to post and all.

I can tell when an authority figure enters the room. Just don't forget, if anyone does speak of taking away guns in any form, you shut them down quick like and in a hurry, K boss? thanks in advance for being my true hero.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

You are just adorable.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

I think you are right every war is fought by people they can decide to stop at any time!

misconception indeed.

In your worst case scenario who is the tyrant and who commands the military?

What is a tyrant without military?

A tyrant without force can only trick, confuse, and manipulate, not if we have all the tools to see through the scheme!

Not if the king is naked!

Killing the king won't change anything, the new killer king will just put on the CROWN and everyone will be in awe of his beautiful clothes.

We will be all happy until we're at the same spot again, where we have to hate and kill in order to feel save.

Humanity will have some serious addiction issues if we keep that behavior up.

free crowns for everyone!!!

Seriously No Clue

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I can defend my home just fine with a good old fashioned scatter gun or wheel gun.
As fun as they are to shoot, I don't need an SA rifle to do that.

Even THAT is not what the 2A is all about.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Of course they are coming for the guns. That's been an unspoken understanding for many decades, but the silence has been crumbling with every gun rampage. Eventually, there will be one gun rampage too many, and no second amendment or any right will be strong enough to not be overturned for nationwide societal security.

It's not a matter of 'if', but 'when'. It's going to happen, and it will be a confiscation and eventual banning. American society as it currently flows has shown itself not fit to have such devices so easily available. You can't take guns just out of the hands of the mentally unstable, such a policy could not work, you have to take all guns from everyone. It won't matter if you consider yourself a so-called 'responsible' gun owner, that's irrelevant to the issue, because the issue is that guns are too easily acquired.

It goes without saying that the eventual confiscation of guns will be the closing down of the American dream envisioned by the Founding Fathers (although that too, was limiting). It goes further without saying that how it will alter the American mindset is anybody's guess, but one thing it will be is very messy and traumatic.

The argument that the right to bear arms is to protect oneself from a tyrannical government has been null and void practically from its conception. Government by its nature is tyrannical, and throughout a country's history, some governments will seek to impose ever more greater tyrannical control over the people. The real cornerstone of people power was never the gun, but the ballot, never the bullet, but imposed and ever vigilant checks and balances that operated as they should have. Checks and balances ceased to check or balance any political organisation a long time ago, they have that sewn up already, so the only other thing you have left is principle and conviction, and when faced with an overwhelming firing squad outside your door, you will not have the strength for either.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Well isn't that exactly what we all try to find out during worrying times?

What our main worry is?

Because definitely we are worried about something!

It's what we seek that we will find in times like these!

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I can defend my home just fine with a good old fashioned scatter gun or wheel gun.
As fun as they are to shoot, I don't need an SA rifle to do that.

Even THAT is not what the 2A is all about.

No kidding? We know good and well what the 2A is all about. We're not debating that.
The thread is all about whether or not "they" are coming for our guns.
I'm suggesting that NO, they are not coming for our guns.
But it shouldn't come as any big surprise if they do start talking about another bill to ban the sale of military-style SA rifles.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
There is no good reason for any gun that holds more than 25 rounds to be available to the public.

I'm not trading my Rights because you suffer from some goddamned ridiculous fears, man. If you feel strongly about over 25 round magazines, then don't purchase one. Otherwise, STFU and quit trying to infringe on the rights of others.

And before anyone jumps my ass over saying that, it is the same GD thing people say to those against abortion, gay marriage, meatless Mondays and a whole effing slew of other tangential, NON CONSTITUTIONALLY ENUMERATED "rights" when folks feel they are under attack. America again needs to grow a pair and stop this asinine fear campaign against an enumerated Right.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
a reply to: queenofswords

As fun as they are to shoot, I don't need an SA rifle to do that. In fact, many would say a 12 gauge works way better for that particular purpose.

Good for you, do that and STFU, leaving the rest of the country's Rights and Right of personal choice alone in the process. I can piss standing up, why the hell do women need sit down toilets when half the country can manage without them perfectly fine? I'm not a fan of the internet... I can communicate and exercise my First Amendment Rights perfectly fine using traditional handwriting or my voice, so let's just eliminate the web... I don't ride a motorcycle, I drive a truck, it gets me where I need to go effectively and some would say more effectively than a motorcycle can so let's just ban those 2 wheeled death traps and be done with it.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

American society as it currently flows has shown itself not fit to have such devices so easily available.

Surely, you jest.

There are literally tens of millions of Americans that own guns...all kinds of arms.

Everyday those tens of millions of Americans get up, go to work, do their jobs, come home, go to Little League practice/games, take the kids to dance lessons, music lessons, go to church, interact with friends and family, shop, visit, go to restaurants, attend functions of all kinds and NEVER EVER ONCE think about killing people.

Americans are totally fit to have these devices easily available.

There is a group of young (mostly men) that are lost or ill. There are gangs that are criminal. There are just plain crazy people. Look at them. Evaluate them. Put THEM away.

But, in general, the American populace is quite capable and fit to keep and bear arms.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Elect Joe Biden and all Assault Weapons will be forcefully taken, if need be.

www.foxnews.com...

This will be after Joe increases everyone's Federal Taxes, like he promised 2 weeks ago.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Just to play devil's advocate here, does that enumerated right include fully-automatic weapons?
Have our rights been infringed upon because the average citizen can't purchase an M-60?
I've shot one, and it would be nice to have in a situation where redress against tyranny was indeed a reality.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Just to play devil's advocate here, does that enumerated right include fully-automatic weapons?
Have our rights been infringed upon because the average citizen can't purchase an M-60?

It should and yes, they have been infringed. Look, the internet and all the various evolutions of communication over the centuries are considered "free speech" platforms by the SCOTUS and freedom of religion covers religions that didn't even exist when the Constitution was penned, so absolutely the 2nd Amendment has already been infringed on. By far more than just the Uncosntitutional bans of full auto firearms.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

What's "military-style"?

Big and scary-lookin'?

Just say you want to ban all semi-automatic firearms.

F# be honest so we can have a real dialogue.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join