It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Hate Roundabouts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88
Thanks for that. I only use my motorcycle rarely , I drive a people carrier. I think everyone aught to be made to ride a motorcycle before they can drive a car as when you haven't got that wrap around metal you become more aware of the surrounding vehicles because it only takes one nudge and hurt and injury can result.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

You mean getting trapped like this?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
They're busy putting roundabouts in the parking areas now where we're at. The other morning we were heading up to do our grocery shopping and someone actually came in and went up the wrong side/wrong way of the roundabaout. Nearly took us out.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

New Jersey solved this problem: jug handles.

Look it up.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

New Jersey solved this problem: jug handles.

Look it up.

I thought the jugs *are* the handles...

In some cases.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

That happens to me all of the time. I lay on my horn for a long period of time and make these people believe I'm going to hit them while I'm doing it.

Where I live, roundabouts (one lane) are suddenly springing up all over the place. All I know is that if I'm in "the circle" you better yield yo ass. I have the right of way and I am not stopping.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
But some people believe all the road belongs to them. I was side swiped of my motorcycle by a guy rushing to get his flight slot with his private plane. They think the lane lines don't apply to them. Many times I have been in near collisions with people drifting from one lane to another. Some times I wished I'd got a tank and just nudge them to teach them a lesson. But the police wouldn't like me.

I also always let motorbikes pass - but it isn't starting to bug me a bit because of what i perceive to be a problem with modern society. Back in the day, if you let a motorbike pass, they always and without fail used to lift a hand of the bars just to thank you.......and that very rarely happens now. So then you end up getting annoyed with selfish motorbike user.....

As to your first sentence here, when i am driving the road does belong to me doesn't it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join