It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump condemns white supremacy, racism after shootings

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Do you have something that isn't revised?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: babybunnies

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: matafuchs

So I see that 'racist' has now been replaced with White Supremacist

Washington regarded The Black Man as inferior and degraded and only good for slavery.

I would call that " White Supremacy " wouldn't you ? Or does that not compute ?

Yes, it was White Supremacy and racism, by today's standards

But you have to look at the standards of 200 years ago to have a discussion about George Washington. Held up against those standards, it was the regular thinking of the day.

100 years before Abraham Lincoln's time.

Although Washington's ancestry was English, he didn't follow the examples of The English.

Slaves where never used in England or Great Britain.

Now Slave Traders, that is a complete different subject.

Oh, please do tell us about the examples of the Englsh of that time.

I will just leave this here.

surviving papers of George III’s third son, Prince William, Duke of Clarence (later William IV), who was the only member of the royal family to step foot in North America and the Caribbean while serving in the Royal Navy, help to shed light on the Crown’s perspectives on African slave trading and slavery in an era of revolutionary upheaval. In 1787, on a visit to Dominica, recaptured from France in 1783, Prince William saw colonial slavery first hand and noted the island’s importance as a slave trading base. “The trade in slaves at this island is very great owing to our supplying the French with that valuable commodity,” he observed in a private letter to George III

link

Also, Thomas Jefferson pushed the abolition of slavery in the declaration of independence. Your knowledge of history is lacking at best.

Dirty Little Secret

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
But reserved racism towards whites is apparently ok according to Mainstream News Media. Posting facts about what is happening in Balitmore or other cities ran by liberals MSM would scream at you for being racist.
edit on 5-8-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Riiiiight...

Twice as many are killed each day in Chicago and Baltimore but nobody other than Trump utters a word about that. When you can call those areas and their leaders out for their failures, then # like the above can be taken seriously.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

You do realize that according to the El Paso killers manifesto, the biggest influence was not Trump, but from reading an European White Supremacist book called 'The Great Replacement'.

That racist book is what he quoted into his manifesto and NOT Trump or others here in America.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

This thread is about Trump and Trump's speech. The President, reading from prepared remarks, couldn't even correctly name the city in Ohio that has the mass shooting.

He regularly utilizes hateful rhetoric on Twitter and doesn't know when to shut the f*k up.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A lot of online comments on the president's address are saying that Trump sounds like a POW reading a prewritten statement from his captors. Progressive pundits are echoing "Who wrote that?"

In the meantime, this weekend Mitch McConnel "slipped" in his outdoor patio area, and has a fractured shoulder. Joe Biden, whose Anderson Cooper interview just got teased on CNN, is sporting a black eye!

WTF?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Liberals looking for anything possible to bash Trump with? Say it aint so.
NPCs have only been programmed with OrangeManBad, so no one expects any other dialogue.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I agree he had a monotone speech. Sort of like a Obama speech.

He stuck to the script for once I don't think that is a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

He's been denouncing them for years. Maybe you should stop listening to fake news and you would know that.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I agree he had a monotone speech. Sort of like a Obama speech.

He stuck to the script for once I don't think that is a bad thing.

He had no passion, no personal truth attached, but he represented the Union and toed the line!

If only he could be that passionate about peace and peaceful resolutions while he's twittering and campaigning.

Geez, he even proposed to attach gun violence legislation to immigration reform.

link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It seems like a good speech to me, you have to give him credit for it. I'm glad you posted the original video so that I could watch it raw. Even if Trump supported White Nationalism in the past, speaking out against it is definitely moving in the right direction. He could have been too proud to say this speech.
edit on 05pmMon, 05 Aug 2019 18:36:48 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

link   

The fine people Trump referred to were those who were protesting the removal of the statue. Trump explicitly stated he was not referring to white nationals in that interview. The reporter kept saying he was praising white nationals and Trump repeatedly said he was not referring to white nationals. The reporter kept ignoring Trump's statements.

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

Reporter: "George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same."

Trump: "George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?"

Reporter: "I do love Thomas Jefferson."

Trump: "Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue?
Reporter: "Sir, I just didn’t understand what you were saying. You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? I just don’t understand what you were saying."

Trump: "No, no. There were people in that rally -- and I looked the night before -- if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people -- neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them.

"But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest -- because, I don’t know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn’t have a permit. So I only tell you this: There are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country -- a horrible moment.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
A lot of online comments on the president's address are saying that Trump sounds like a POW reading a prewritten statement from his captors. Progressive pundits are echoing "Who wrote that?"

In the meantime, this weekend Mitch McConnel "slipped" in his outdoor patio area, and has a fractured shoulder. Joe Biden, whose Anderson Cooper interview just got teased on CNN, is sporting a black eye!

WTF?

It sure sounded weird. Knowingly that Trump usual does love on talking off prewritten stuff. Whose in the control of the white house? clearly it doesn't sound that Trump is in charge.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

What I don't like about him is his approach to capitalism. He is a guy who makes a bet on a product or a service and borrows money to invest in it. Then when that idea goes bust and he goes bankrupt, he gets another idea and borrows more money to invest. Some of those have paid off for him while others have not. Trump's style of capitalism is more like a pyramid scheme then it is a self sustaining economic system. This may work well for him personally but it is not way to run an economy that is central to the economic systems of the world.

The humming economy we see now I believe is the result of short term profit making, creating jobs for now which is good but as I see it is in no way sustainable.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Here a president a couple of weeks ago tells 4 minority congresswomen to go back where you came from and Sunday a racist killer SLAUGHTERS Mexicans in a Wall-mart.

Finally, he sees the connection

It's too late for those in El Paso

No connection between the two

No wonder you lefties are a minority, nobody wants to be associated with you

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

If you listen to Beta O'Rourke

I don't listen to Beto O'Rourke

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Thanks bake, as you say he could have been too proud to make it and that to some eyes is a good thing.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

This thread is about Trump and Trump's speech. The President, reading from prepared remarks, couldn't even correctly name the city in Ohio that has the mass shooting.

That's pretty bad; I heard Biden (Democrat presidential frontrunner) got both the state and the city wrong the night before. What is wrong with these people?
edit on 5-8-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: gortex

You can't be pleased.

Not true , his resignation would please me.

Speaking of not true, I am still waiting on those links.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join