It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump condemns white supremacy, racism after shootings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Our freedoms... It's my impression that ''our freedoms'' are evaporating all around us regardless of who or what party is in the White House. A lot of that is because so many are interested only in ''my freedoms'' rather than ''freedoms for all''.

The ''my freedom'' to buy and keep a weapon that can kill dozens in seconds clashes with the ''freedom for all'' to safely congregate in open public places. Finding a satisfactory compromise between those two could be a positive step forward, that is if either side would budge.

How fast does your car go ? How often do you use the Highway system ?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: alldaylong

While standing in front of a portrait of one of history's greatest white supremacists, George Washington.

wow
it has gone there?

seems you may still be sore we won our independence?
some "special relationship" indeed

Not at all.

Independence was won fair and square.

You can't change history regarding George Washington though.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

while washington owned slaves he is by no means what you described him as
as you sited nothing but your opinion on washington I will accept it as such

seems "greatest" has a different meaning in england
who knew

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

So I see that 'racist' has now been replaced with White Supremacist. Man, the media is gooood at what they do. How is that Muslim state over the water working out for ya? Quite a few knife attacks huh?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

isnt that where the soldier had his head hacked off in public?
safe place that

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What’s Trump going to do now, go to a rally and condemn Mexicans? Or other ethnic minorities?

What Trump doesn’t understand, while he talks about mental illness, is that mental cases can be triggered by hateful speech heaped on others. THAT’S WHY A PRESIDENT SHOULDN’T DO IT!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So I see that 'racist' has now been replaced with White Supremacist

Washington regarded The Black Man as inferior and degraded and only good for slavery.

I would call that " White Supremacy " wouldn't you ? Or does that not compute ?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: gortex

You can't be pleased.

Not true , his resignation would please me.

so you are a Pence fan?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Washington regarded The Black Man as inferior and degraded and only good for slavery.

would love to see anything sited for such
I will wait

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It is like people have forgotten about the Obama era and if you talk about it you are racist or people just say who cares Trump is president.

For 8 years we were fed anti-white/pro-black propaganda. How police are bad but don't condemn Islam. A first lady who said she was not proud of her country. CAIR being invited to the SOTU address and other law makers being pushed to being Islamic people after Ellisons election. To create unity....

So, it was ok a few years back to call for unity but now it is a call to hate. It is bull#.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

perhaps we will get an anti triggering bill to protect the triggered?
with safe spaces puppies and play dough?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

oh it is a gargantuan amount of bs
and it seems anger follows when it is identified

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

would love to see anything sited for such
I will wait

Wait no further.

Plenty of articles out there if you spend the time to look.

I will start you off.

How do we put presidents like Washington and Jefferson in context? Academic historians have been trying to do it for decades. Washington and Jefferson exemplify the terrible paradox at the heart of American history which continues to haunt this nation. The words of our founding documents espouse equality, freedom and self-governance, but they were written by people who owned human beings and who believed these principles should apply only to men like them – white, wealthy and landowning

www.usnews.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

However, I'm not the least bit surprised that an Anti-Trumper, an by extension, Anti-American, won't give credit where credit is due

Have a Cuban Donny.

If you're anti-trump, it doesn't make you anti-American. It makes you anti-Trump

This is the failure of the right wing, that they just can't have a decent conversation about policy without assuming that anyone who doesn't support the President must be anti-American

Does that mean that when Obama was President, and you didn't like or support him, that YOU were being Anti-American?

They very basis of the United States is to allow political discourse, which is one of the founding principles of the country.

The Bill of Rights even allows citizens to abolish Government if they feel it's not meeting the needs of America

Being Anti-Trump isn't "anti-American". Questioning the leadership is one of the most American things you can do.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Here a president a couple of weeks ago tells 4 minority congresswomen to go back where you came from and Sunday a racist killer SLAUGHTERS Mexicans in a Wall-mart.

Finally, he sees the connection

It's too late for those in El Paso

you don't even know what he said. LOL Typical.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

No. I would not. It was the 1700's. Almost 300 years ago. During that time blacks were used as slaves. It was common. Black people had black slaves. There were white slaves. What you do not mention is that he released all of his slaves upon his death. Many of them stayed on at Mt Vernon. His views on slavery changed through the course of his life so maybe read from history and you will not sound so ignorant on the subject.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

So I see that 'racist' has now been replaced with White Supremacist

I would call that " White Supremacy " wouldn't you ? Or does that not compute ?

Yes, it was White Supremacy and racism, by today's standards

But you have to look at the standards of 200 years ago to have a discussion about George Washington. Held up against those standards, it was the regular thinking of the day.

100 years before Abraham Lincoln's time.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

not really "one of history's greatest white supremacists" as you claimed.....

I dont think it is a surprise that he owned slaves, but you chose to throw a heap of bs on it.

good day

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Trump condemns white supremacy.

While standing in front of a portrait of one of history's greatest white supremacists, George Washington.

Great choreography what ?

And while we are at it, the very name America is #ing racist! so you are all racist bastards and need to repent. It's time you put on some black cloths, a hoodie, and a banana over your face and go beat up some people who look Trumpish.

Americans are all raycist.
edit on 5-8-2019 by network dude because: sometimes even really really dumb folks figure out how to "internet".

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

not really "one of history's greatest white supremacists" as you claimed.....

I dont think it is a surprise that he owned slaves, but you chose to throw a heap of bs on it.

good day

You don't like the message, so you do a runner.

Understandable.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join