It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay Left, Progressives, Liberals and Democrats - Here is your chance!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Sincere and honest question!

First, a request of all respondents...NO whataboutism, NO "Trump" this or that...just tell us what you want. Preferably in one sentence bullet points, no long diatribes.

Example - I would like universal healthcare., OR...I would like expanded welfare benefits for the homeless.

Your list can be as many bullet points as you wish. Just tell us what you want, what you truly want?

Conservatives - I humbly request you not be critical of posts on this thread, just allow the Left, Progressives, Liberals and Democrats to state what they desire for their political and legislative objectives. Please all feel free to respond, just try to withhold criticism. Questions are fine. I promise I will try my best not to criticize either...unless things start turning nasty (and then I reserve my right to be critical).

I honestly would like to see if I can develop a better understanding of what the left would like the future of this country to be...unfiltered.

Okay guys and gals on the political left...what would be a "win" for you, what do YOU want??

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I am not a progressive.
I want free healthcare, including eyes and dental.
I don't want to work for a living.
I want a living wage.... even though I don't want to work for it.
I want free food.
I am serious... I want all of these things.

I am also realistic.
I know that if people want something, they have to work for it. That is why I am working today.
edit on b000000312019-08-05T08:37:51-05:0008America/ChicagoMon, 05 Aug 2019 08:37:51 -0500800000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I don't rally have a horse in this race but I predict that you'll get more replies from right leaning people stating what they think leftists want in a ridiculing sort of manner than you will actual leftists.

I also suspect many leftists don't really know what they want just that they don't like what they have at present.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Just to further explain my motivations here, I have tried to listen to all of the current political candidates, and all of those who currently hold office, and I cannot seem to compile an overall understanding of their political objectives, nor have I been able to compile a consistent message. I see a lot of blaming others, but I can't seem to understand what they themselves wish to accomplish if they could "have their cake and eat it too". In other words, if they could implement whatever policies they wish without objection or interference.

I hope by posting this question here, on a forum with some of the brightest people I know, to be able to develop such an understanding once and for all.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Well, I hope not; it's an honest and open question.

You could be right, but I hope not.

I genuinely want to understand.

ETA - And what I'd really like to do is to summarize all the responses (not in my words, but just aggregate the responses as much as possible) at various points along the way. I think this would be helpful for many of us on all sides of the political spectrum.

edit on 8/5/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I have absolutely no doubt about your intentions and sincerity.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Good thread, I would be interested in knowing this myself.
But I have a prediction before it gets rolling....
I don’t think you are going to get much because without “Trump this or that”, they really don’t have anything.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
-There's more than enough for what everybody needs, just not for what everybody wants. Attitude is everything.

-There are limits to what this planet can handle while still providing humanity with what it needs.

-The pointless pursuit of financial profit is a path that leads no-where except our early demise, while costing everything.

-We are literaly cheating future generations out of their existence, this is the biggest sin of all. Everywhere you look life is about continuation. Again, attitude is everything

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

Thank you for your response!

ETA - I understand your bullets #1 and #2, but I'm not sure I am clear on what the objective is in bullets #3 and #4. Can you clarify what 'action' would address these two concerns?

edit on 8/5/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Like Freeborn I have no voice in this debate, but is this really just a question where your response is dictated by who you tick a box for in an election? I would have thought some issues rose higher than your personal political preference. What I mean by that is that although the UK National Health Service was originally introduced by the UK Labour party, no one in a position of authority (or credibility) from any of the other significant parties - left, right or central - has ever made a serious suggestion about withdrawing it.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Well, it's pretty simple I think. All points are basically tied to #1.
#2 Is where we are doing
#3 Is what we are doing
#4 Is what we should be doing

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

So does the right just NEVER read other party/candidate platforms or browse ANY media outside the right-wing bubbles?

You shouldnt need a thread like this to know the issues. The left shouts them EVERYWHERE all the time. Hell Clinton wrote a book with all her ENTIRE PLATFORM explaining it.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
-There's more than enough for what everybody needs, just not for what everybody wants. Attitude is everything.

-There are limits to what this planet can handle while still providing humanity with what it needs.

-The pointless pursuit of financial profit is a path that leads no-where except our early demise, while costing everything.

-We are literaly cheating future generations out of their existence, this is the biggest sin of all. Everywhere you look life is about continuation. Again, attitude is everything

Jubei42, what an eloquent and thoughtful answer. I always love to see really thought out discussion... And I agree with you on most of what you said.

Are some of those things problems in the Netherlands as well? I'm curious if this is an overall western problem.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I want a lower cost of living.
I want a country filled with people who care about cleanliness and that care about the environment.
I want less overcrowding and overdevelopment.
I want a government that is fiscally responsible.
I want the return of mom and pop shops.
I want better mental and physical health available to all.
I want a better education system.
I want the encouragement of biological families sticking together.
I want people to behave themselves.

Just to name a few...

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I’m about as far left as can be.

I want a govt that represents the people rather than corporations.

I want medical care to be based upon the actual cost to provide services rather than a hyperinflated made up amount.

I want housing to be based upon cost rather than hyper bubble bankers profits

I want a govt that represents the people rather than corporations.

I want a simplified tax code that is easily understood and with a flat percentage that is the same for all income, with no loopholes, that corporations are not allowed to pass onto consumers.

I want harsh, enforced penalties for corruption among representatives.

I want the law to apply to the wealthy the same as it does the poor.

I want corporations to be subject to and held accountable for actions that result in death or injury just like people are.

I want banks to go to jail for fraud, and to be limited by usury laws.

That will do for a start.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Sincere and honest question!

First, a request of all respondents...NO whataboutism, NO "Trump" this or that...just tell us what you want. Preferably in one sentence bullet points, no long diatribes.

Example - I would like universal healthcare., OR...I would like expanded welfare benefits for the homeless.

Your list can be as many bullet points as you wish. Just tell us what you want, what you truly want?

Conservatives - I humbly request you not be critical of posts on this thread, just allow the Left, Progressives, Liberals and Democrats to state what they desire for their political and legislative objectives. Please all feel free to respond, just try to withhold criticism. Questions are fine. I promise I will try my best not to criticize either...unless things start turning nasty (and then I reserve my right to be critical).

I honestly would like to see if I can develop a better understanding of what the left would like the future of this country to be...unfiltered.

Okay guys and gals on the political left...what would be a "win" for you, what do YOU want??

From a german: we do have health care for everybody and its for free. And it has nothing to do with left or right. For some medicin you have to pay and dental repair is expansive but there are ways to minimize the costs. Operations are for free as long its not something with bigger tits and stuff like that. In germany no one must live on the streets, there are many ways to get help but not everyone wants help. We dont have regular massshootings because we dont see weapons as a fetish and you cant buy weapons on every corner. We have police, thats enough. We also know how to handle criminals, we dont shoot them, we jail them and try to bring them back in our society. We are a pretty peaceful nation because we have learned our lesson.

But taxes are high! Thats a problem. And in sone cities its hard to find a cheap appartment, in munich for example. I pay 850 euro for 50qm2. But on the other side: its a beauty of a town!
edit on 5-8-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Forgot the most important one.

I want wars for profit ended, and all their perpetrators in jail.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ah, hell. Another one. I want the fed ended, and our govt to produce money without charging us interest for it.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
And I forgot to mention I want a return of good old fashioned work ethic and family values.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join