It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay Left, Progressives, Liberals and Democrats - Here is your chance!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Cool! Thank you.

BTW, what is a "Biblical Bank", I wasn't able to find that searching anywhere...or was that just a typo?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
How could I forget legalize marijuana across the country and use the tax revenue to help with the homelessness epidemic.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What do I want...

I want people to not marginalize or oppress others with hate and divisiveness.

I want people to be accepted and not banned or discriminated against because of race, religion, etc.

I want people to accept people who are different (gay, trans, hispanic, muslim, unicorn, black, striped, etc) as People.

I want it to be harder for some people to buy guys.

I want people, if they're sick, to get care, not having to worry if it will bankrupt them.

I want people, if they are hungry, to have access to food if they can't afford.

I want people who *do* work, to be be abl to actually have a wage to support themselves.

I want kids who go to school to have a meal, even if their parents are struggling and can't afford.

I want people to have a good education, or the best possible, and not for higher education to be so expensive and debted.

I want an end to biased policing.

I want people to recognize that we need to be better stewards of our planet, and not throw away rules and regulations in favor of lobbyists or corporations (or installing their yes men into positions).

I want an effort to renewable energy. I want efforts to recycle and reduce waste. Hell, even reduce food waste.

I want to be able to own guns (I do own guns, and I carry) but I also want restrictions on *who* can buy them and what kind they can buy.

I want an end to hateful rhetoric coming from the top and the highest office in the land.

I want decency, I want humanity, I do not want divisiveness.

I want us to realize we are all one.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: pexx421

Cool! Thank you.

BTW, what is a "Biblical Bank", I wasn't able to find that searching anywhere...or was that just a typo?

Typo. Public bank.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
What do I want...
I want people to not marginalize or oppress others with hate and divisiveness.

I think everyone wants this.. However some peoples idea of equality is more along the lines of "we can be equal as long as you believe in what I do".

I want people to be accepted and not banned or discriminated against because of race, religion, etc.

That's great.. But it has to go both ways..!! If you want my acceptance, you have to accept me and my rights of expression too.

I want people to accept people who are different (gay, trans, hispanic, muslim, unicorn, black, striped, etc) as People.

Cant fully agree with this one. I have no issue with accepting someone else's lifestyle, as long as they don't expect me to play along. While most in this list are lifestyle choices, I simply won't play to the tune of someone who thinks they are a lounge chair.. That's a real mental disorder that should be treated by a mental health professional.

I want it to be harder for some people to buy guys.

OK, now there's all sorts of "wrong", with this one..!! You should never be able to just go out and buy a guy, it's just wrong...!! Anyway, there's "special, private and exclusive clubs", for that sort of thing..!!

Yeah, I know you meant Guns.. Yes getting hold of some (and I do stress SOME), guns could be made a little harder. It isn't that more stringent background checks need to be done (most states already have those), but the departments need to put more effort into communicating and following up on perspective gun owners backgrounds, than they are right now.

I want people, if they're sick, to get care, not having to worry if it will bankrupt them.

While I am about as far right as you can get without actually being a NAZI or racist, I agree with you 100% on this one..!!

I live in Australia, our healthcare system is excellent and works for everyone. Everyone puts in and everyone has access. Only Issue I have with ours is that it does not include Dental and my teeth are shocking..!!

I want to be able to own guns (I do own guns, and I carry) but I also want restrictions on *who* can buy them and what kind they can buy.

You need to clarify the "who" and "what kind".

I want an end to hateful rhetoric coming from the top and the highest office in the land.

Again, you need to clarify.. Which hateful rhetoric..? Hateful rhetoric towards MS13..? Hateful rhetoric towards ANTIFA..? Hateful rhetoric towards bias news agencies..?

This is the only hatful rhetoric I can recall actually coming from the POTUS. Sure he's made fun of a few Democrats and called a couple of people dumb.. But honestly that's all actually pretty accurate..lol

edit on 7-8-2019 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

I'm not going to address everything you said, but I will address a few:

I think everyone wants this.. However some peoples idea of equality is more along the lines of "we can be equal as long as you believe in what I do".

I don't care what people "believe." People can believe anything they want, but when they act on belief to deny others equality or a right, I have a problem. My original statement was "oppress" others. One can believe what one wants but as soon as one tries to oppress others' rights or enact (or wanted enacted) legislation to deny them said rights, because of one's beliefs, I have a problem. If it doesn't directly impact or affect your life or your rights, why tf do you care how someone identifies?

But it has to go both ways..!! If you want my acceptance, you have to accept me and my rights of expression too.

See above.

Cant fully agree with this one. I have no issue with accepting someone else's lifestyle, as long as they don't expect me to play along. While most in this list are lifestyle choices, I simply won't play to the tune of someone who thinks they are a lounge chair..

See above.

You need to clarify the "who" and "what kind".

Yes, I was ambiguous. Example, maybe someone who has a history of domestic violence allegations or reports shouldn't be able to buy a gun? Why do people need to legally own a double barrel 100-round magazine (like what was used in Dayton)?

edit on 7-8-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join