It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Walmart in El Paso, TX

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Quadrivium

So, do you think that the 2nd Amendment reference to regulation is a process that occurs naturally, like digestion? Who should do the regulating?

Look at that ... 4 ... 4 definitions of the word. The one the Founders used was definition 4, and someone else was good enough to post the Oxford Dictionary material showing you that. *You* are stuck on definition 1.

I guess the government actually does come over to your house and give you regular anal probes to make sure you stay nice and regular. What an uncomfortable existence you must lead.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So, do you think that the 2nd Amendment reference to regulation is a process that occurs naturally, like digestion? Who should do the regulating?

The arms owner.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

a reply to: face23785

So, felons should have the right to bear arms? Should felons also have their voting right restored?

Honestly, I don't have an opinion either way on whether or not felons should have their rights restored. I'm just using them as an example of how the government infringes on the rights of the people, legally.

I'm not arguing for gun control. I'm arguing that the government already controls/regulates guns, to a degree.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: iMnotHigh

And they WILL politicize it. People in power have no fear, they have professional body guards and don't shop at Walmart. They are disconnected on both sides. People in power have no idea what this kind of fear feels like. However, they like power and will use every event possible to keep it. It won't be their lifestyle to give up just the common citizen.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You asked. I put up the comparison to give you some perspective while you have your daily probing.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Look at that ... 4 ... 4 definitions of the word. The one the Founders used was definition 4, and someone else was good enough to post the Oxford Dictionary material showing you that. *You* are stuck on definition 1.

I guess the government actually does come over to your house and give you regular anal probes to make sure you stay nice and regular. What an uncomfortable existence you must lead.

Alright. Who do you think "puts in good order"?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I don't know about you, but I tend to put my digestion in good order just like other facets of my life, and if you look at the sentence diagram, it's equally clear the militia puts itself in good order and the militia is a collective of the individuals who have their right to keep and bear.

link   

What are you talking about? I didn't equate a regulated militia to digestion, Quadrivium did. Go mock him.

The government does, and continues to regulate weaponry. FACT.

edit on 3-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

link   
Another gun control discussion clogging up the actual thread.

Looks as though we will get the government versus of what the motive was. FB took the data down that it had so only the government, I would think, will see it.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Alright. Who do you think "puts in good order"?

"the people" as clearly stated in the second.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Blood donation center at Zaragoza is at capacity for the day and forming a list for tomorrow already.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What are you talking about? I didn't equate a regulated militia to digestion, Quadrivium did. Go mock him.

The government does, and continues to regulate weaponry. FACT.

Nope I did to start out. I think you're confused about who is talking what.

Government also legalized slavery. FACT. See how that works?
edit on 3-8-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It doesn't matter who is doing what regulating because this clause is independent of the Rights of the People to not be infringed.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ServiusTull
I understand what you are saying.

Hope.
I still have hope but not much.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
News is mentioning 4Chan and 8Chan in relation to the shooting!

Not surprising. I think it's possible that people with existing mental issues can become radicalized and motivated online, whether they get involved with radical content from the far left or far right, religious extremes etc.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Pelosi and Schumer tweeting about fun control and focusing on the Senate.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Government also legalized slavery. FACT. See how that works?

No.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
twitter.com... well if this is real this guy just scored a bunch of points , had a chance to leave but stayed long enough to pick up as many kids as he could then ran out of the footlocker in the mall so the gunman couldn't shoot at them as easily

link   

Imagine all the self congratulating selfies.

I'm happy for the people that will receive them, they're the ones that matter.

link   

Just because government does a thing does not mean it's the right thing to do or even legal.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join