It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulled a knife on a guy who tried to light me on fire tonight...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: XxKonspiracyxX

Good on you for defending yourself. You shouldn't have to deal with aholes like that but unfortunately the world is full of them. Glad you are okay.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Bars are not for work and you threatened a inebriated person?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
If a man pulled out a cheap Chinese made brass knuckle knife I would laugh ! So let me get this straight ! Your being bothered all night by strangers bumping into you and talking ? Correct ? Then for a spell your interacting with a drunk guy who is groping you , there is a disturbance that causes you to pull a weapon and then this guy tries to use a lighter to hurt you , and no one saw any of this ? The reason to force him into the bar under knife point so there are witnesses? In all my fights I’ve had in bars I’ve never seen a lighter used unless they have a propellant as a weapon . The only way you could have been hurt is if you were knocked out and he had a zippo held to you for quite some time . This seems a fetch ! He tried to light you on fire ? We’re you wearing dryer lint with gunpowder eye shadow ? How is anyone getting lit on fire with a lighter? . Those are felony charges you just admitted to . So you write at a bar and complain about noise ? This is one of the goofiest threads I’ve read in years . I hope you have learned a lesson ! Men who are drunk have wandering hands same as drunk women . We’re you going to kill him ? You turned a bad situation into a really bad situation . Why do you need a knife / knuckles just yell for help or text a friend in the bar while keeping the attention of the groper for a second . You IMO ( 50 plus bar fights) did all the wrong things ! What if he had a knife or gun ? This is not how you stay alive . This story is either false or incredibly strange ? It’s fun I’ll say that . I’m not saying your a lier . I hope you are telling a fib , because it was not a wise way to deal with this guy . Hope your ok ! I mean no foul ! It’s just an extremely strange story when you look at all the factors .

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I though men and women are equal ? Make up your minds women ? Weaker or equal ?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I though men and women are equal ? Make up your minds women ? Weaker or equal ?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I smiled and I told him this is what I do to people

So this is all a joke to you. You knew the individual was not a threat. I iterate my opinion you were LOOKING to escalate the situation. What you did is not only criminal, but harmful to yourself as well. As you explained, you threatened him with a knife, and that's when he tried to allegedly "set you on fire". Do you think he would have "attempted to set you on fire" if you had not pulled the knife? What if the man had a gun and not a lighter? Didn't your parents tell you never to bring a knife to a gun fight? There is a reason why you will never know what law-abiding citizen is carrying or not carrying. They will not tell you. They do not flash it. That is the last thing they want, because when the bad guy knows you are the one armed, you're their first and main target. Your weapon is ONLY deployed when you plan on using it, not scaring someone away, this is not Afghanistan. Are you really ready to use it? Is this what you really do to people? Any court of law would find you guilty.

Isn't "tried to set me on fire" a little over-exaggerated? I thought while reading I was gonna hear, "This guy walked up doused me in gas and tried to light his match. Fortunately for me, the match box was wet.." You know, something like that.... All I heard was a drunk retarded individual harassing another drunk individual, that is armed, and that latter individual pulling a deadly weapon and saying "i do this for a living". Considering you were drinking, because I don't know many people that go to the bar and not drink as you sit there, on your devils throne, writing these self-help pieces to get off your chest a horrible deed you've done at the expense of the ATS pity community. I also don't know many people that go to the bar with good intentions. Usually their intention is to get intoxicated...Which we can argue, is not a good thing.

And wouldn't a "Get the f* away from me" be a better first attempt at de-escalation of a bad situation? Or going back into the bar and calling the police. We have and pay for a police force for these exact types of situations. AND furthermore, your failure to call the police even after the situation shows you are a bully and took advantage of the situation to portray your sexist nature by over-amplifying a peaceful situation into "ill kill you right where you stand because i have a vagina and even though I want to be considered your equal, im still weaker than you and you can overpower me, so this is justified". Can we now agree from all this on a off-note that men and women are if fact different and that reflects on a lot of the way society is...or was?

originally posted by: Boadicea
Damn right dude shouldn't have touched her and he damn well knew it! So do you. And I seriously doubt that she didn't tell him to stop. Do you need a verbatim transcript? Obviously, if a fricking knife doesn't tell him to "Back off!," if he ESCALATES it with a stupid ass lighter, then her saying it sure as hell wasn't going to.

Stop making piss poor excuses for a violent sex offender and expecting her to take his abuse.

Agreed, no one should touch another person that doesn't want to be touched by that person. But that does not justify this story. There's more than 1 way to de-escalate a situation, and all but 1 doesn't require the use of a deadly weapon where someone can die or the situation can easily turn on its head for the victim and the man pulls a loaded gun. And I never heard the OP mention he was a registered sex offender or that he attempted to sexually touch her, just that he was "touchy feely and laying on her", assuming he essentially put his arm around her and was leaning all over her like the drunk tard he was alleged to be.

My advice to the OP:

Don't fraternize with strangers, and don't pull knives on people unless you feel your life is in danger and you're 100% certain they don't have something that can beat your knife. You never mentioned in your OP that you felt that your life was in danger, just that you smiled and said you stick people up often. Usually in a self-defense case, the victim is required to feel their lives are at stake and cannot flee without great harm done to them. I'm not sure what state you live in but we have laws called "Duty to Retreat", "Castle Doctrine" and "Stand-your-Ground".
edit on 22-7-2019 by JoeGee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
You know what I've seen at my time in bars? Lots of fights. I've seen 10 people beat 1 guy up. I've seen people hit with chairs, pool balls, pool sticks, televisions, mugs, i've seen 17 deaths in the bathroom of a specific neighborhood bar, i've seen a 17 year old get shot through the eye and killed after trying to rob an off-duty cop, i've seen people snorting coke, molly, ecstasy, special K, pills, heroin, ect in the bathrooms.

You're going to try to preach to everyone, when you put yourself in a bad situation to begin with, but then that you escalated a situation to the point of intended and pre-meditated manslaughter? Sorry, no pity from this side.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

Agreed, no one should touch another person that doesn't want to be touched by that person. But that does not justify this story. There's more than 1 way to de-escalate a situation...

So you clearly admit that this situation was out of hand and needed to be de-escalated.

...and all but 1 doesn't require the use of a deadly weapon where someone can die or the situation can easily turn on its head for the victim and the man pulls a loaded gun.

But somehow while recognizing and acknowledging that this arse was acting very inappropriately, AND THAT HE COULD HAVE BEEN ARMED, you think she should have been nice about it... because it's better to cower to the bully and protect his life? No. NO!

And I never heard the OP mention he was a registered sex offender...

Because we have to wait for someone to "officially" declare him such? To hell with that #. Anyone who sexually offends is a sexual offender. Period.

...or that he attempted to sexually touch her, just that he was "touchy feely and laying on her", assuming he essentially put his arm around her and was leaning all over her like the drunk tard he was alleged to be.

Just more piss poor excuses for the creepy creeper. The OP did clarify that he was being sexually inappropriate -- albeit with little success. Do you think I believe for a NY minute that YOU would not have resorted to violence if this man had done the same to you? Because I don't. I do, however, believe that you and every other creep defending this brute have done similar or wanted to do similar to women. I have read the OP to four men I think very highly of, and every one said much the same thing about the men who would defend this. Gee... whose opinion do you think I value more?

He was the aggressor. He escalated. She did what she had to do. And as I said previously, better to be judged by 12 than mauled (or worse) by one. And if I were on her jury, I guarantee you she would not be convicted.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Do you carry a weapon when you go out?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Why would you ask?

Are you looking for trouble?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Why would you ask?

No I am just asking.........

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Are you waving a knife or a gun at me when you're saying that?

Do you find the question threatening?
edit on 22-7-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Agreed . My post picked out loop holes

link   

And I'm asking why would you ask that?

Where I come from, that's looking for trouble.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Are you waving a knife or a gun at me when you're saying that? Because you find the question threatening?

Interesting response... guilty conscience? Worried about sumpin???

Why do you need to know what means I have to protect and defend myself? I sure as hell know it's not for MY benefit.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

And I'm asking why would you ask that?

Where I come from, that's looking for trouble.

So come stab me.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

So it does not require bodily contact for there to be an agressive response to protect and defend yourself?

Just a simple question.... on a thread about brandishing a weapon.

Do you carry a weapon when you go out?...... is looking for trouble?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

So come stab me.

LOL! That's where you're going with this?

No, thank you.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

So it does not require bodily contact for there to be an agressive response to protect and defend yourself?

What are you even talking about? That's not the case here, but yes, there are situations in one can be threatened before any kind of bodily contact... like a bullet or a blade.... and take action against an imminent threat. No one needs to be a sitting duck.

Just a simple question.... on a thread about brandishing a weapon.

AFTER physical bodily contact.

Do you carry a weapon when you go out?......

I am not defenseless.

...is looking for trouble?

Only someone looking for trouble would want to know what they're up against... Otherwise, no one has any need to know what means of defense another person holds.

Let's just say I come from an open carry state and everything is on the table.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I’m a 6 foot 230 lbs Man ( 12years of boxing ) and yes I have a right to go anywhere , but I’m not hanging out in sheet hole bars . Reason being is that crazy will beat talent and training any day ! There are crazy bars and safe normal bars were any bad behavior is met with chivalry and police calls . This story seems very contrived .

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join