It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulled a knife on a guy who tried to light me on fire tonight...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This is what happens when you throw it into "Reverse" in your car at 100 mph!!

Not sure what else to say!

LOL!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

That’s adorable. You’re equating my pointing out questionable decisions with “she was asking for it” rhetoric. It’s a good effort, but wildly missing the mark.

Pointing out that a bar on Friday night isn’t the best place to go if you want to concentrate: not at all the same as saying she should have stayed home, much less that she was asking for it.

Pointing out that a bar on Friday night isn’t the best place to go when feeling anxious: not at all the same as saying she should have stayed home, much less that she was asking for it.

Pointing out that a bar on a Friday night isn’t the best place to be with a headache: not at all the same as saying she should have stayed home, much less that she was asking for it.

I’m sorry that your intellect is so feeble that you can’t differentiate between the act of noticing holes in a story and noting poor decisions from the act of victim shaming and blaming. I assure you, they are two very different things. No, I wouldn’t care for it if a person such as you described did what you described him doing. But in recounting that story to others I wouldn’t whine about how being at a bar at midnight on a Friday didn’t help my headache and made it hard to work on my “writing.”

edit on 20-7-2019 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Here's what really happened, folks...

Our fearless swashbuckling author was at a bar which had WiFi....because that's where she could get connectivity for free.

Then, some drunk loud bitches stumbled outside the backdoor of the bar and started talking smack. They talked about some "pervert" who was (inside) "feeling people up". Then, some more people came outside, irritating our fearless author even more, trying finish her novel and all. These people were fighting and arguing about some BS which happened inside, which our OP didn't see. So it was natural that the first drunk puke which showed up outside was the same "twisted sexual predator and serial rapist" (according to some here) who was grabbing every confeve in the joint. Right?

Then, rather than leaving (because, hey, where else can I get free WiFi?) our fearless OP just gets madder, because her anxiety was already "off the walls" (even before going in the known rowdy bar, on the known rowdiest night of the week, which is "expected")...(Just to get some quality me/alone time)...and some drunk dude stumbles out and hits on her...on the back porch, of a rowdy bar, on a Friday night, when everyone in the place always gets rowdy...and the OP knows it.

Oh NOH's...there's nothing wrong here!!! Nothing at all!!

Hey, I run around Compton, CA with my red (or blue) scarf and my F# YOU Crips/Bloods T-shirt all the time! It's fun! I'm just looking for some quality "me-time".

No, it was the fact the OP couldn't find anywhere to upload her social media without WiFi...now wasn't it?

C'mon, be honest, OP. That's why you were there...and you've mislead everyone here about the events as a result, haven't you?

ETA - You where there because it was the only place you could go to get free WiFi and Internet connectivity.

ETA 2 - C'mon, Boadicea....let's see your response! Violent "sexual predator/offenders" and all.

edit on 7/20/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: rickymouse
You shouldn't pull a knife at that point, a good swift kick to his balls would have been much better, but then make sure you get the knife open in case he decided to come after you. I have seen events like that, but usually a guy at the event would step in and get a guy like that away from the women he was offending when I was young. My question is why are good guys not protecting the women anymore?

I have personally stopped events like that numerous times in the past. More than twenty times but less than fifty when I was young. When a guy stands up, other guys then help that guy to get the person away from causing harm.

Lol!!

Don't instantly protect yourself, you silly girl.

Kick him in the balls first, then get ready to stab him. That's the best way!

Seems a lot of people are siding with the guy here. Strangely, I'm not. No excuse for this pos.

See a woman stand up for herself, and people instantly assume she asked for it... sad.

Pulling a knife on someone can get you thrown in Jail, unless the person actually does something that others will testify was illegal. It is about protecting her, not the guy. I would not want to see her going to jail for pulling a knife on someone like that, it would be a he say she say testimony unless someone actually witnessed what went on.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Diaspar

means you didn't read it or you ignored it.

No, saw it. Doesn't matter when you're still implying that everything was hunky-dory when it wasn't. Saying 'we're good' and 'go home and sleep it off' doesn't erase past events or anxiety attacks.

Actually you are doing just that by making this post in the first place and looking for responses
You had enough time to make the original thread, it would not have been hard to write these last few lines:

Actually, being homeless, it is hard to do just that. But if you have to negate my living situation in order to make yourself look correct, you do you.
edit on 20-7-2019 by XxKonspiracyxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Here's what really happened, folks...

Our fearless swashbuckling author was at a bar which had WiFi....because that's where she could get connectivity for free.

Then, some drunk loud bitches stumbled outside the backdoor of the bar and started talking smack. They talked about some "pervert" who was (inside) "feeling people up". Then, some more people came outside, irritating our fearless author even more, trying finish her novel and all. These people were fighting and arguing about some BS which happened inside, which our OP didn't see. So it was natural that the first drunk puke which showed up outside was the same "twisted sexual predator and serial rapist" (according to some here) who was grabbing every confeve in the joint. Right?

Then, rather than leaving (because, hey, where else can I get free WiFi?) our fearless OP just gets madder, because her anxiety was already "off the walls" (even before going in the known rowdy bar, on the known rowdiest night of the week, which is "expected")...(Just to get some quality me/alone time)...and some drunk dude stumbles out and hits on her...on the back porch, of a rowdy bar, on a Friday night, when everyone in the place always gets rowdy...and the OP knows it.

Oh NOH's...there's nothing wrong here!!! Nothing at all!!

Hey, I run around Compton, CA with my red (or blue) scarf and my F# YOU Crips/Bloods T-shirt all the time! It's fun! I'm just looking for some quality "me-time".

No, it was the fact the OP couldn't find anywhere to upload her social media without WiFi...now wasn't it?

C'mon, be honest, OP. That's why you were there...and you've mislead everyone here about the events as a result, haven't you?

ETA - You where there because it was the only place you could go to get free WiFi and Internet connectivity.

ETA 2 - C'mon, Boadicea....let's see your response! Violent "sexual predator/offenders" and all.

See page 7 for all the actual details. Your lies are fancifully written, I'll admit, but it also sorta reads like a downie chimp smacking away on a keyboard.

You do good work.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Pulling a knife on someone can get you thrown in Jail, unless the person actually does something that others will testify was illegal.

And I suppose grabbing at my parts and laying on my chest doesn't count... okay.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: gallop

That’s adorable. You’re equating my pointing out questionable decisions with “she was asking for it” rhetoric. It’s a good effort, but wildly missing the mark.

Pointing out that a bar on Friday night isn’t the best place to go if you want to concentrate: not at all the same as saying she should have stayed home, much less that she was asking for it.

Pointing out that a bar on Friday night isn’t the best place to go when feeling anxious: not at all the same as saying she should have stayed home, much less that she was asking for it.

Pointing out that a bar on a Friday night isn’t the best place to be with a headache: not at all the same as saying she should have stayed home, much less that she was asking for it.

I’m sorry that your intellect is so feeble that you can’t differentiate between the act of noticing holes in a story and noting poor decisions from the act of victim shaming and blaming. I assure you, they are two very different things. No, I wouldn’t care for it if a person such as you described did what you described him doing. But in recounting that story to others I wouldn’t whine about how being at a bar at midnight on a Friday didn’t help my headache and made it hard to work on my “writing.”

As I've said numerous times now, I'm currently homeless, and I'm waiting for some money to come in so I can get an RV. Until then, I have nowhere to go except this bar. But I'm gathering that detail matters to literally nobody here.

The simple 'go home' option doesn't apply to me.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: XxKonspiracyxX

That detail doesn’t matter to me, no, but not for the reason you’re implying.

I didn’t, and won’t, say you should have stayed home.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxKonspiracyxX

Ah, so you sleep at the bar then?

Otherwise, yes, extricating yourself from somewhere loud & unproductive to your night and going wherever you sleep applies still. Be it who ever's couch you're surfing this week, whatever private parking spot you found f you have a car, whatever hidey-hole in the brush you have if you're roughing it, etc.

You keep saying you're homeless, but you forget MANY of us on here have BTDT. Why are you not in a shelter if you're homeless? That's my first question -- women's shelters & family shelters have internet access today. Not sure about men's shelters, but I imagine they do, too. Have you broken shelter rules and been blacklisted? Because I only know of 2 reasons that get you blacklisted -- drugs and booze. Saying a bar is the only place you have to go is smelling like you got the boot from a shelter.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

So...it really was true...you were at the bar for WiFi...correct?

Yes, or no, would be fine.

My "lies" turned out to not be so much, huh???

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

What gets me is the excuse that she HAS to use the bars WIFI due to no options. Shelters are an option, why isn't she in one? A women's shelter will move mountains and reel in the moon to make sure she has a roof over her head, DV vic or otherwise.

Unless you f# up and they kick you out.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: XxKonspiracyxX

Ah, so you sleep at the bar then?

Otherwise, yes, extricating yourself from somewhere loud & unproductive to your night and going wherever you sleep applies still. Be it who ever's couch you're surfing this week, whatever private parking spot you found f you have a car, whatever hidey-hole in the brush you have if you're roughing it, etc.

You keep saying you're homeless, but you forget MANY of us on here have BTDT. Why are you not in a shelter if you're homeless? That's my first question -- women's shelters & family shelters have internet access today. Not sure about men's shelters, but I imagine they do, too. Have you broken shelter rules and been blacklisted? Because I only know of 2 reasons that get you blacklisted -- drugs and booze. Saying a bar is the only place you have to go is smelling like you got the boot from a shelter.

No... I don't like shelters because they're a lot more dangerous than this bar, believe it or not. Plus I'm not in the city, so I can't just waltz to the shelter a county and a half away.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

So much what? Excrement? My bar doesn't have wifi, lol.

There are a few reasons.

1 - The shelters are really far from where I am, and they're dangerous as hell in these parts. No thanks.

2 - I know people here, and they look after me. People in the south side of the city don't show the same consideration.

3 - I'm actually helping to look after another person around here who's in a similar situation.

4 - I'm playing a financial waiting game and I'm not about to dive into a sea of homeless strangers beforehand. Been through that before. Again, no thanks.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You know something XxKonspiracyxX...you are actually a really good writer, and you have a lot of talent. That's my opinion, so take it for what you will.

I think you shot yourself in the foot with this post a little bit, and I've tried to point that out. Defend it as you may. Some of the others here have gone WAY over the top in their responses. In any case, that doesn't take away from your abilities.

Sometimes it seems like you have a manic-depressive personality here. This thread was on the darker side. I've read some of your stuff, seen some of your videos, and much of it is very honest. I like that. Surprise, coming from me, right?

I can't fix your problems. I wish I could, but then there would be a million others to fix also. I can only hope you can fix them.

You are a talented individual, you really are. I wish you could dig yourself out of the hole you seem to have dug yourself into (because no one else did) and shine like I know you probably could.

In the end, the choice is yours. It always was, and it always will be.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Listen. It would take forever to pour my mind out further, and you don't have to believe me or understand me for the choices and the living situation. I'm not looking for pity and I don't want it. The only reason it was divulged was because it's a logical piece of the puzzle.

The point of the thread has been hashed out over and over again, and quite honestly, I don't care if you agree with my actions. There's no ounce of regret in me. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

No one should expect to lay their hands on someone else, much less someone else's private parts, and get away with it. If you don't agree with that basic fact, then you're not worthy of a real argument. Any notion of leaning to the side of a sexual offender paints you in a similar light, and I hate to think of how many of you actually harbor similar notions, because it's starting to look like unsolicited booby-grabbing is a hive-minded sport shared by many. The sympathy for the offender suggests such, and I find that disturbing.

I don't care if you think I should've left. I'm welcome here, and I always have been. Running away with my tail between my legs is BS, not gonna happen. I have as much a right to be here as anyone else.
edit on 20-7-2019 by XxKonspiracyxX because: typo

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

You know something XxKonspiracyxX...you are actually a really good writer, and you have a lot of talent. That's my opinion, so take it for what you will.

I think you shot yourself in the foot with this post a little bit, and I've tried to point that out. Defend it as you may. Some of the others here have gone WAY over the top in their responses. In any case, that doesn't take away from your abilities.

Sometimes it seems like you have a manic-depressive personality here. This thread was on the darker side. I've read some of your stuff, seen some of your videos, and much of it is very honest. I like that. Surprise, coming from me, right?

I can't fix your problems. I wish I could, but then there would be a million others to fix also. I can only hope you can fix them.

You are a talented individual, you really are. I wish you could dig yourself out of the hole you seem to have dug yourself into (because no one else did) and shine like I know you probably could.

I appreciate the compliments.

I suppose the rant forum isn't the best place to rant. Not the way I tend to rant, anyway... I was beyond pissed and still steaming on adrenaline. But yeah, I see your point.

This thread blew up because the story falls into a very gender-sensitive category. Most people who speak on a subject like this are leaning far to one side or another, rarely in the gray middle. I didn't see that last night when I posted. All I saw was a place to vent, and for someone like me, venting is very necessary. xD

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Remember...

Your destiny belongs to you, and only you. You are the only one who can make your future...no one else can. Only YOU!

Seriously, girl!

In the end, you will have to decide if your life had meaning, or not. And the ONLY person who could have made a difference is...YOU!

edit on 7/20/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Remember...

Your destiny belongs to you, and only you. You are the only one who can make your future...no one else can. Only YOU!

Seriously, girl!

In the end, you will have to decide if your life had meaning, or not. And the ONLY person who could have made a difference is...YOU!

You got it. Same goes for everyone of every gender.

I reckon we can all agree on that, at least.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Sometimes choices are hard. They really are. But you have a choice.

You can choose to be homeless, live in a van, draw manga and blog on the interwebs,....or you can choose to rise up.

You've shown your talent here. And, that's why I'm being rough with you. You're better than that!

Perhaps you have to set some of the "fun stuff" aside for a while and pay the bills, get a stable place to live, pay the rent...you know the drill.

Living homeless in a van might be okay now, at 25 (or however old you are), but I can guarantee you that's not going to be a good life at 50!

And then what, all that talent wasted. All those ideas adled. No one cares anymore. What then?

You're not getting out of the hood with manga, not getting out of the hood with blogs, instagram or anything else. What's going to get you out of the hood is...a JOB! just a plain ol' job! Starving artists anymore....are just...starving. There's no romance in being a "starving artist". Van Halen is old now. Aerosmith too.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join