It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ilhan Omar retweets article branding all Trump supporters as racists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

So calling a spade a spade makes me a lefty? Lol.

I can't help that y'all applaud Trump's Tweets as "trolling" when he goads people into a reaction but refuse to see it the same way when someone like Omar or AOC do the EXACT same thing. They're all using Twitter to spread their hyperbole and rhetoric, there's no difference in what Omar did here and what trump does ona daily basis. In the words of a lot of Trump supporters on here: "triggering the triggerables". They've got it down to a science.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Have I called anyone a racist? I don't think I have, so you attributing their words onto me is a bit unfair don't you think?

But that's what you get when those in power control the narrative, people start generalizing and putting others into neat little boxes that the media provides them. The more the media pours fuel onto the fire the more people get thrown into those premade boxes.
edit on 7/17/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: BoscoMoney

a religion of hatred, intolerance and violence.

Those are not purely unique to the Muslim Faith.

Most religions have their darker sides.

That is true. The Catholic church was once just as evil, and genocidal as well. Fortunately Christianity has had a 1000 yr head start to evolve into a (for the most part) peaceful religion.

I also don't like to paint with such a broad brush, that I condemn "all" Muslims.

The reality is, however, that there are vast numbers of Muslims who believe in "death to all infidels", and unless a Muslim is willing to denounce those beleifs, they will be scrutinized, and probably rightfully so.

Agreed.

The Inquisitions
Salem Witch Trials

Not great adverts for Christianity. I believe heretics are still frowned upon.

I'd rather be frowned upon than stoned to death. I bet i'm not the only holder of that opinion...

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

She is the best thing to ever happen for the Trump Reelection Campaign.

I am not sure she knows it, but I'm pretty sure he does.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Have I called anyone a racist?

I don't know. Have you? I've honestly lost track f who called who a racist. That was my point.

I was including you in "you guys" because you seem quite intent on defending this racist.

Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

She is the best thing to ever happen for the Trump Reelection Campaign.

I am not sure she knows it, but I'm pretty sure he does.

I have not researched this but it feels like he throws a can of octane boost on the camp fire right before his recent rallies. He has one tonight.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
she's right, we are all raycist. We don't agree with her. (that is the definition now right?)

go back to your own country of origin, then....if you can't handle a freshman congresswoman calling out the president of the U.S., for being an utter a**hole in public, then tough, leave....jesus, trump whines EVERY FRIGGIN' DAY, always negative, always insulting, about the most trivial crap...yet, have a congresswoman give it right back to him, and....they are coming to kill your white, Anglo-Saxon, Christian, babies and drink their blood!!!!!!!.....it would be nice to have a president that acts like one

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just pointing out the fact that Trump isn't the only politician who use Twitter to spread controversy and division or to "troll" people. It's a common tactic of BOTH parties, obviously. It's a symbiotic relationship that does nothing but pull regular people into a fight that they aren't even participating in IRL. The proverbial pot is inching closer and closer to boiling over, all thanks to the politicians flaunting their rhetoric on TV and in public. Exactly as it was designed to do.
edit on 7/17/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

California isnt American anymore so why listen to ya? We should grant your countrys wish to leave and make Puerto Rico a state.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

"whines EVERY FRIGGIN' DAY, always negative, always insulting, about the most trivial crap"

Yes, the Dems do that, every day. And people are quickly becoming tired of it.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Who are we talking about?

The woman is a radical. She is anti American. Can't be more racist than that. I feel sorry for Pelosi watching her party getting destroyed as predicted for may here.

I don't feel sorry for Pelosi at ALL! Pelosi has been the enabler through which the progressives have had the leniency and the backing to destroy the United States of America from the inside out. Now that the left's crazy, over the top antics are coming back to bite her in the ass.....it was only a matter of time she and the left became a victim of their own game, and quite frankly, I'm surprised it took this long.

Crazy is contagious and competitive. You would think people could rely upon their elected officials to hold the sanity and be role models of integrity and common sense but they are in fact the catalysts of outrageous. I'm also disgusted at Trump for his recent stupidly worded tweets. He gave more fodder to the left and is helping fan the flames of his own incineration because he can't keep his opinion to himself.

I used to see bumper stickers of cars of an American flag with the caption "Love it or leave it" It was big in the 70's and early 80's. Many people had these bumper stickers and I agree with it to this day. But in these times of crazy 'sensitivity', it was not the smartest statement for the POTUS to make to the Squad of 4. Just my two cents worth.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hell, I got called out for wearing a Roberto Clemente jersey to a Pirate game a few days ago. I'm not supposed to wear that shirt because I'm white. I guess I'll have to get rid of my Stargell, Stennett and Sanguillén jerseys as well. Those guys were my heros when I was a kid and I got to meet all of them.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Hell, I got called out for wearing a Roberto Clemente jersey to a Pirate game a few days ago. I'm not supposed to wear that shirt because I'm white. I guess I'll have to get rid of my Stargell, Stennett and Sanguillén jerseys as well. Those guys were my heros when I was a kid and I got to meet all of them.

Wow, that is really over the top.

Can I ask what was the age of the triggered souls?

Were they old enough to even know who Clemente was? Do you think they knew what kind of a selfless individual he was, and that honoring someone of his caliber goes beyond race or baseball?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Oh, of course you're not defending anyone! In a pig's eye...

You come into threads where someone has done something massively stupid, and depending on which party it is from, your position is either
  • "No big deal; everyone does it" if Democrat, or
  • "This is absolutely awful and shouldn't be done!" if not Democrat.
Now, where I come from that's called defending one side over the other. I could see your point if you used the same tactic no matter which side did something, but you don't. I prefer to deal with people who are at least honest about their bias.

You're not fooling anyone... except maybe yourself.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Mach2

The misuse of the term "racist" has set back race relations by a good 40 years in this country already. It wouldn't surprise me to see a resurgence in the KKK once the Democrats lose power (and if history holds, it will be Democrats under the white robes carrying torches). All it has done is driven the real racists underground. It's easy for someone who thinks about race all day every day to watch their speech... they just come up with codes that others like them understand. For the average person, it's not something important enough to even think about, much less tailor words to.

Thank you. I've been saying the same thing since all of this foolishness started. There is a monumental difference between racism and bigotry. I was raised to treat everyone the same, regardless of color. Are there cultural differences between races and nationalities in our own country? Absolutely! But to call differences of opinion about someone's cultural values racism is just wrong. I really, really wish our country would stop re-defining certain words for political gain.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

About those differences: I see them as strengths. I would stand beside anyone, black, white, city slicker, country folk, asian, middle-eastern, anyone to help defend their culture. I would expect them to do the same for me. However, I don't think that would happen today.

There is no culture that is completely good or completely bad. All of us have atrocities and triumphs in our cultural past. we should all celebrate that past, so we can build on our triumphs and remember our atrocities, lest we do them again.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

That's what made this country what it is. What I don't like is someone coming from another country and trying to turn ours into theirs. That's not what America is all about, it's about combining the best parts of all countries and cultures to make us unique and better. When someone comes here and slams our nation's flag, our laws, our beliefs, etc. and tries to make our country like theirs, it pisses me off. That is where I agree THOSE people, no matter who they are or where they came from, can get their butt back on a plane and go back. I don't think it's too much to ask for immigrants to assimilate to our American culture and society and obey all of our laws.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Heh. Try living in the South. As long as I can remember, we've had Yankees move in and invariably the very first thing they do is try to turn us into New York City. Nope. Don't like it here? That road you drove down on has a return lane.

If I wanted to live in New York City, I would live in New York City.

For untold generations, immigrants have come here and assimilated. They tend to create their own little mini-culture and then slowly adapt over time. They keep their own customs, but adopt those of the people around them too, and vice versa. That's the way it should be. Illegal immigrants don't seem to want to do that. They seem to prefer staying to themselves and the hell with anyone who was already here. That's not how it works. If you didn't want to be part of America, why did you come here in the first place?

I like those who keep saying they came here for work, apparently trying to insinuate that there is no need to acclimate. Wrong. The United States is not an employment agency. If that's the only reason you're here, get a green card and go home when you're done.

Even more to the point, though, are the legal immigrants who somehow forget that they chose to come here. I didn't choose it, although I will welcome them in as long as they want to be welcomed in. If they want to turn the USA into their home country they just left, they need mental help figuring out what they really want. They can get that at home.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Bingo.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: network dude
she's right, we are all raycist. We don't agree with her. (that is the definition now right?)

go back to your own country of origin, then....if you can't handle a freshman congresswoman calling out the president of the U.S., for being an utter a**hole in public, then tough, leave....jesus, trump whines EVERY FRIGGIN' DAY, always negative, always insulting, about the most trivial crap...yet, have a congresswoman give it right back to him, and....they are coming to kill your white, Anglo-Saxon, Christian, babies and drink their blood!!!!!!!.....it would be nice to have a president that acts like one

And just how would you feel if you were working at a job and turning in some of the best performance numbers than anyone prior to you, yet, had people attacking you, insulting you and trying their hardest to get you fired from your job nonstop 24/7 for three years?

Would you bend over and take it or would you have the balls to confront them and fight back?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join