It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: 7.1 Mag EQ Hits California

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Felt both quakes 195 miles away in central CA.....friggin scary !

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ktla live press conference ... ktla.com...

Guy setting up the mics is telling dirty limericks

edit on 6-7-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Haha, no its scottish for "little".

OH! Lol no I knew that, I was just having a wee beer with a tornado chaser!
We chatted about disasters!

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Firstly, glad no one was seriously injured and sorry for those whom sustained damage.

Now for the "Doom Pron" ...

For years I've lived in Reno NV. It was a thing to stock up on air filtration systems and supplies in case Mammoth lakes became volcanic again. So now we have this far south creeping north.
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Da da daaaaaaaaaaa. Stay safe folks

Edit: hope this isn't the mobile home another member mentioned.
mobile.twitter.com... 2F%2Fktla.com%2F2019%2F07%2F05%2Fmagnitude-5-0-earthquake-rattles-socal%2F

Edit: so I donated... ATS now runs like a dream( thanks owners ) and look at the advertisement that showed up on my screen.

awesome

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
In the past 6 days Cali has experienced 820 quakes of M>=2.6.
6 were M>=5.0

We're only 6 days into July and this number doubles for previous 8 'MONTHS'.
Past months have been in the 400 range (per month) and lower magnitude.

Normal - Abnormal? Seems abnormal but I'm no seismologist.

Statistics from - Latest Quakes in Cali

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
6 were M>=5.0

They say the snow melt will bring more earthquakes too. So there is still snow to melt in the mountains.

Melting snow may have caused earthquakes in California, research shows. New research unveiled recently links a series of California earthquakes to heavy snowmelt during a wet winter. Scientists involved in the work said they believe that water from the runoff flowed down to the groundwater, causing seismic movement.Apr 29, 2019

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Yellowstone gets the press, but Long Valley is just as big and bad. It's the sleeper not one knows about or thinks about, but it did start getting more active again in the late '70s. Scientists also recently discovered a sizable magma reservoir underneath it.

Still, that's a long way to travel for magma.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

6 were M>=5.0

They say the snow melt will bring more earthquakes too. So there is still snow to melt in the mountains.

Melting snow may have caused earthquakes in California, research shows. New research unveiled recently links a series of California earthquakes to heavy snowmelt during a wet winter. Scientists involved in the work said they believe that water from the runoff flowed down to the groundwater, causing seismic movement.Apr 29, 2019

Does that sound ridiculous to anyone else? Really? Snow melt? Was there THAT much snow melt running into the groundwater??

If it's THAT easy to cause huge earthquakes, aren't we in trouble? Or then shouldn't there be huge earthquakes every time the snow melt "runs into the groundwater?"

Conspiracy mind: they are grasping for something to give to explain to us common dumb folk so we don't suspect whatever tests they're doing at China Lake that's casusing earthquakes and damage to thousands of people's lives.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Dont worry disinfo agents will be here to explain this with science

China Lake closing and massive eqs at a weapons testing facility with known underground facilities

All normal dont worry

Pay your taxes and watch tv

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I think that goes with the idea that California irrigation has emptied out the deep reservoirs causing voids in the ground and the weight of the snow causes the ground to release back up or something like that.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Earthquakes in an area with several active fault lines. Who would have thunk that would happen. It's GOT to be caused by the base.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Was 120 miles away in Northridge San Fernando Valley when 7.1 hit.

The house moved like it was sitting on top of a Jello bowl and cables were swinging between the poles.

The whole Pacific Rim has been very active so was prepared for something to happen.

edit on 6/7/19 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yellowstone gets the press, but Long Valley is just as big and bad. It's the sleeper not one knows about or thinks about, but it did start getting more active again in the late '70s. Scientists also recently discovered a sizable magma reservoir underneath it.

Still, that's a long way to travel for magma.

Mammoth is what un nerves me... shorter distance than Yellowstone.

Again I'm happy no one was seriously hurt. ( I feel we're out of trouble ) so functionally I was adding some doom and gloom... but a piece of me allowed the scientist from US southern Cal Caltech to fill my little head. They are like deer in headlights.... they're doubting themselves... it's been very eventful.

So far anchorage Alaska, was very big... this is also very big. And freakishly long.

Coffee is brewed and popcorn is made...

Seriously, stay safe. I'm in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and I'm bothered by this. I laughed when people said the "BIG ONE" will happen... as I lived in Mira Loma California...

Now I'm second guessing.

😥

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Earthquakes in an area with several active fault lines. Who would have thunk that would happen. It's GOT to be caused by the base.

No sarcasm.. China? No.. not by a million.
Plate tectonics.. oh hell yes!

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Yep, all earthquakes are man caused and so are volcanic eruptions

Does that make me a disinfo agent? Do I get an ID, a badge and a cool gun?

Conspiracy theories are clearly not made equal. Some come from snorting silly string and others have science or facts to prop them up and make them plausible. This is a silly string moment.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Oh, I think the scientists are more worried about this than they're saying, but I think that's because they're concerned this could be foreshocks more than anything. I don't think they're worried one of the big calderas is getting ready to blow or anything.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Really? Just doesn't seem logical to me. I'd go with fraking or those giant boring machines over snow melt.

This guy (dutchsinse) does a good job explaining seismic unrest & plate energy transfer. He postulates that If the energy does not escape outward to the east then a larger quake is possible in the next 4-5 days. (around 22 min mark) Worth a listen, imo.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm surprised TA hasn't dropped in to give everyone his expert take on things.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexanderM

Where is TA anyways. His insight is sorely missed.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

6 were M>=5.0

Does that sound ridiculous to anyone else? Really? Snow melt? Was there THAT much snow melt running into the groundwater??

If it's THAT easy to cause huge earthquakes, aren't we in trouble? Or then shouldn't there be huge earthquakes every time the snow melt "runs into the groundwater?"

Conspiracy mind: they are grasping for something to give to explain to us common dumb folk so we don't suspect whatever tests they're doing at China Lake that's casusing earthquakes and damage to thousands of people's lives.

it actually makes sense to me.

The Sierra Nevada and Coast ranges are pushed down by fractions of an inch each winter by the weight of rain and snow and then rise after melt and runoff, tugging on California’s earthquake faults and triggering small temblors, according to a new study by seismologists at UC Berkeley and Bowling Green State University. The researchers traced the up-and-down motion of the earth’s crust using nine years of GPS measurements, which stresses the underlying faults by pushing and pulling on them.

www.sacbee.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join