It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: 7.1 Mag EQ Hits California

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Just now able to get online to report (very late obviously) that I felt the Earthquake in the Central Valley of California.

I was playing my Synth's and noticed that the keyboards were wobbling away from me and then I felt like I was on a small rollercoaster with my body going side to side. I quickly got up and got in the doorway (about 3 feet away from me.

Nothing appears to have broken but it was an interesting test to see if one follows what they're instructed to do 'just in case' of one hitting.

edit on 7/6/2019 by JohnnyAnonymous because: TYPOs

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Gov of California has requested Federal Emergency Assistance !!

Town near Ridgecrest reports building collapses !!

Roads buckling !!

Rockslides !!

National Guard mobilized !!
edit on Jul-06-2019 by xuenchen because: 😧

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   
One Quake that was forgotten was Landers 92. I do remember when that was going on the Ridgecrest area was rocking as well. Both locations are North of San Andreas, and was said the trigger of Northridge 94. Interesting trend if continues...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Genius thing to say from one in New Madrid area,how dang stupid

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
"Ring of fire fires up"

Wonder where I've heard this before?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Videos coming in now. I saw a backyard swimming pool with white caps.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I do not think there is anything similar between a 6.4 and a 7.1 if the information I have is correct.
Check this site out
www.sms-tsunami-warning.com...

It says each level is ten times stronger than the one before.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

That was great!

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Ring of fire or lake of fire?

Sorry, couldn’t resist.
edit on 762019 by oriondc because: Typo

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes, which means it is less than an order of magnitude (10x) difference. It was also being reported as a 6.9 by various outlets yesterday when I made the comment, which would leave them only .5 apart on the scale. Aftershocks are typically an order of magnitude (or more) below the main quake event. Two quakes not an order of magnitude apart may be foreshocks to a larger event. Or maybe the two largish quakes on the fourth were simply foreshocks to this one. Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It sure is different watching the USGS earthquake press conference compared to hurricane forecasts. The woman giving the updates seems a bit flustered and like she has no idea what's coming next. A lot of maybe's, pretty sure, chances are...she is not reasurring at all to CA citizens. It's not her fault earthquake predictions are a best guess..i'm not critisizing, just pointing out that they have no idea if the "BIG" one is coming or not.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

And that should be worrying right there.

Usually they have a pretty good idea of the odds. This time, I don't think they do, and that worries them.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You can hear it on in her voice. She is worried for sure. I was watching the replay of the USGS presser from earlier. Just wanted to clarify that i'm not watching live.

From what i've seen the energy still needs a release, so even tho i have no clue about EQ's, my best guess is a bigger one is still coming.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Gov of California has requested Federal Emergency Assistance !!

Hopefully not from the Federal Government he constantly defies.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

From what I've learned from the people here, a main event should be a main event. So having a 6.4 and then a 7.1 or whatever those two were so close together doesn't mean anything. There was not enough separation in magnitude for that.

It is just possible they might have been a twin event -- the two together, but if that's the case, then the aftershocks should clearly start to ramp down over the next few days to weeks. If the aftershocks stay high in magnitude and number, then there is possibly more trouble coming.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
My lady friend used to live in Ridgecrest. They had a lot of earthquakes there. She did a commercial for Sony once that featured an earthquake in it, You've probably all seen her. She was in the Subaru commercial with Paul Hogan , The one with the elephant at the oasis that hosed off the windshield after he went through the mud.

I couldn't find the Subaru commercial with the elephant.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Yep, you found her. She was in the first one but a different Suburu commercial. Good Job

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: whiteblack

originally posted by: Knapperdude
Yes, bigger than yesterday...looks like the activity is moving north towards the Coso volcano group just miles away?

Hope it won't trigger Yellowstone... that could be ugly

And Long Valley and others, it seems something is affecting the whole this and some others are showing life, Semisopochnoi volcano news & activity updates:
Semisopochnoi volcano (Alaska): alert level raised to yellow
Saturday Jul 06, 2019 08:26 AM | BY: T

hisz.rsoe.hu...

The ones that have been happening North along the Juan Fuca plate all the way to canada are bigger than any I have seen and our large one 6.2 off Oregon did not show normal aftershocks so I am thinking the "big one" could be on that plate which they says is "locked and Loaded.

This are has been quaking a lot for a while now M 3.3 - 15km E of Soda Springs, Idaho
Time
2019-07-06 01:17:54 (UTC)
Depth
4.3 km

Personally I still think something from space is affecting the whole of Earth.
edit on 6-7-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

Kudos to you for correcting me there (gave you a wee star too for it)

Is that like Wee Wee?

wee-wee
/ˈwē ˌwē/
INFORMAL
noun
a child's word for urine.
verb
urinate.
edit on 6-7-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Haha, no its scottish for "little".

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join