It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: 7.1 Mag EQ Hits California

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The problem with the snow weight theory is the snow pack occurs on the Sierra mountains, which is a Batholith ...essentially a solid plug of granite formed underground then pushed up to the surface through later tectonic activity. The large void in the aquifers occur in the central valley and on the east side of the mountains, with only the east side getting snow. The snow pack is a external aquifer that drains to either side of the Sierras, recharging the massive aquifer on the west side, which has been drained by over farming, redirecting water to southern ca. cities, and reservoirs that have stopped the major historic flooding of the central San Joaquin valley ( in the 1800's you could take a paddle boat from Sacramento to Bakersfield in winter).
edit on 8-7-2019 by Knapperdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, Longs valley produced one of the top ten volcanic eruption by volume of all time. Totally underestimated!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So the aftershocks have calmed down, along with peoples nerves?? I'm asking.
edit on 10-7-2019 by AlexanderM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexanderM

see for yourself

😎

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexanderM

If Anchorage's November quake was any indication, then no, they're a ways from calm nerves still. We had a couple significant aftershocks that hit a month after the main quake and 2 months after. The average person is probably sick of the perceptible aftershocks reminding them of the event several times a day, especially if they've had some 3.5+ ones strike right at bedtime... that was by far the best times we had in the aftermath... just about to doze off for the day and then fully awake listening to the house creaking and feeling like you're suddenly on a boat. They will still experience that for another week or two as it gradually tapers out.
edit on 10-7-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I asked because I wondered why no one was commenting.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join