It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to tackle homelessness

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I see you've adopted the 99%er ridiculousness. Sorry, thought I was conversing with someone more intelligent than that, went bother you again.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So the Man who suggests "poor farms and flip houses" in this day of age being the solution questions others intelligence?

Yes probably best not to bother anyone other than Trump with your nonsensical draconian shenanigans nevermind me if truth be told. LoL

I sincerely hope you never end up in one of these places you propose.

Good day to you sir.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Well seriously it's not a problem that can be realistically tackled by anyone Man, Trump included.

Bull potatoes!

Your statement was just another in an endless line of political jabs without any concern for a problem being presented or the people who may be hurting. At least own that.

The real error lies in the way our first world nations treat the weakest members of our society, especially when they have fallen upon hard times.

While that does happen, the majority have created their own hard times and will not do anything to get out of those hard times. That is the reality. As long as we cater to those who refuse to be helped, we condemn those who actually would benefit from the help.

The homeless person's error lies with the fact that they exist in the situation that they do, forced to or otherwise.

I can see you have never been around a homeless person. There is no one single reason; this is not a one-size-fits-all problem. Someone with a meth addiction is not going to get better and give up the drugs because we put him in a nice house and give him money. No, he'll spend every dime we give him to buy more meth, sell anything that isn't bolted down to get more, return to a life of crime when that runs out, and trash the house to the point of being uninhabitable while doing it.

Put him in the same area as someone who lost their job after getting sick or hurt, and he'll wind up taking everything they have, trashing their house as well, and likely killing them trying to rob their place. That's what we have now. That's how it works. Why would anyone support that? To get back at someone they will never meet because they beat out another person they'll never meet for a job they could never get?

That, sir, is simple insanity.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I've been a homeless person does that count?

Your "no one single reason; this is not a one-size-fits-all problem" statement makes sense ile give you that.

Its the world and our respective societies that are mentally ill, the people, like i have already said, are simply products of such.

The insanity lies with the privileged few who are in control.
edit on 5-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
How has the U.S. treated this issue before? The homeless problem didn't just appear overnight, it has probably been around for a long time. The main thing that has changed is we have abandoned sensibility for feel good measures. We can see the results of these feel good measures in a lot of large liberal cities.

Another angle to consider is what if these homeless are not incompetent but just really really pissed off? What if they know the difference between right / wrong and choose wrong because of hatred. Mostly hatred at themselves but they channel it as hatred of society. So they then start defecating on streets and cause as many issues as possible?

When do their rights stop and a communities rights start?

Some like to compare the possible solutions to concentration camps and the violation of free will. How many times do these homeless get to make the wrong decision consciously before they are held accountable for their actions?

Why is it so wrong for a community to protect their way of life/environment at the expense of someone who actively tries to harm that society? If someone doesn't have the mental capability to decide not to crap in the street, should they be allowed the same rights as those who do?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I've been a homeless person does that count?

No.

You are familiar with your predicament. That is only typical for you. Since you apparently crawled out of that despair, I can only assume you were one of the ones I want to help.

Let me ask you this: remember being homeless. Would you have rather:
  • Lived under a bridge with no one to help you? Or...

• Jumped through a bunch of hoops to get government assistance to help rent a house from a slum lord that was in a cruddy, crime-riddled neighborhood and buy just enough food to get by (and more hoops to have electricity, water, etc.)? Or...

• Walked to the nearest indigent housing, tell them your name, be given a key to a clean, climate-controlled apartment with utilities, food, and essentials provided free and access to anything you needed to get a job, without worrying about someone mugging you before you got the door closed behind you?
Those first two are the choices we have today. The last one is my suggestion.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I was not the only one in said predicament, you do encounter other homeless people on your travels.

We tended to share our experiences, woes, problems and dilemmas, nevermind a few bottles of wine and whatever else came to hand. LoL

Trust me when i say its nowhere near as easy to get a flat as walking into the nearest housing association, telling them your name and predicament, and being given a key.

Where you see choices some people simply see insurmountable obstacles.

I was lucky, had friends and family there to help once i and managed to get my head together and my life back into some semblance of normality, a lot of people are not so lucky, a load don't even realize there is any choice in the matter, and the thing is a lot of them are correct as unfortunate as the case may be.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

We tended to share our experiences, woes, problems and dilemmas, nevermind a few bottles of wine and whatever else came to hand. LoL

A few bottles of wine, when your first thought should have been to getting shelter or food. Do you see the mentality problem now?

Trust me when i say its nowhere near as easy to get a flat as walking into the nearest housing association, telling them your name and predicament, and being given a key.

I don't know if you're actually not understanding my posts or just ignoring them. I want it to be that easy, that is my proposal, the same proposal you just complained about because tenants can't trash the place!

Is my screen going out? I see what I have written the way I intended to write it... how is your screen saying the opposite?

Where you see choices some people simply see insurmountable obstacles.

I was lucky, had friends and family there to help once i and managed to get my head together and my life back into some semblance of normality, a lot of people are not so lucky, a load don't even realize there is any choice in the matter, and the thing is a lot of them are correct as unfortunate as the case may be.

The key there is "once I had my head together." Before that point in time, there was nothing anyone could do to help you. You were a hopeless case. So are most of the other homeless people, until they too "get their head together."

Once they do, I want there to be someone for those who don't have family or friends, those who are not so lucky. But that doesn't happen today, or you wouldn't have needed yours so desperately. That is what my proposal is all about... say your name, they punch it in the computer, and if you haven't been kicked out in the last, say, six months, "here's your key, sir. Your apartment is 206, up the stairs and down the hall on the left. If you need anything, please let us know."

That is the plan you are against. This makes no sense to me.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

"A few bottles of wine, when your first thought should have been to getting shelter or food. Do you see the mentality problem now?"

Well, when you are a borderline junkie food seems to be the least of you issues, and at the time that was me unfortunately.

I understand your posts perfectly, i just dont agree with them.

The key is a different shape for different people. Fact is different strokes for different folks.

Sticking them into boxes and putting them on lists, won't help though unless it's on the same list as the rest of the socially acceptable junkies that luckaly manage to perform perfectly adequately in life.

The plan is, there is no plan TheRedneck, because if there was we would not be in the predicament we now find ourselves.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Let me know when you have time to actually read what I have written.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Well, I'm a bit busy polishing off a few bottles of wine the now mate.

But luckily I've still got a roof over my head.

What is it i seem to have missed, just ask and ile attempt to answer to the best of my rather pished ability?

It's not the same for everyone, but treating them differently does not do what it says on the tin.

Lists and labels won't help, listening to some of them might through, and quite frankly i dont think we ever will in a meaningful manner.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

While that does happen, the majority have created their own hard times and will not do anything to get out of those hard times. That is the reality.

There is a lot of truth to this. I have a relative that was getting laid off. He insisted on getting his lawn renovated and sodded since it was already planned. It was expensive and I highly highly suggested they wait. Nope, had to have the green grass.

He wasn't able to find another job for a while and they really struggled. I'm sure that landscape money would have been put to good use, but what do I know??? Why are people like that.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Because people like shiny new things and like to create an illusory sense of prestige, even if their bank accounts don't reflect anything that resemble what they try and present.

We are Peacocks i suppose but conditioned so.

If we do not consume we don't get invited to the party.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Not all homeless people are losers who did it to themselves. Some are truly victims of things unseen to others. There are many who love living on the streets and will not change. Just as there are some who would give anything to get back to a normal lifestyle with a roof over their heads. My rule is: help the ones willing to help themselves. I don't turn a blind eye to the others, but there is a limit to how much I will devote to people who choose not to improve their situation. That limit is usually in the form of a few bags of burgers tossed out the window as I drive by some of the more congested areas. There is always a scurry of activity to grab them as soon as they hit the pavement. That method may seem cruel, but the one time I stopped to talk I was mobbed and damn near didn't get out.

If people are willing to work toward a better future, they deserve help getting there. But even as I typed that I have this image in the back of my mind that just boils my vinegar. We have enough homeless people in this country now. We don't need to import more by the thousands every freakin' day. So, I propose this solution: let us republicans help the American citizens who are homeless and want to improve their situation. You democrats can help all the homeless you keep inviting to this country and then turning a blind eye to after they vote.

You brought them here - you get to take care of them.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Well, they are there, and like you say on the rise.

Democrats and Republicans aside, squabbling over whose responsibility it is to help the poor sods is hardly going to help matters, nor the homeless people who require assistance nether.

Better do something soon though else they are going to make a hell of a mess otherwise.

Same crap happening over here truth be told, and we are simply sitting on our hands with our thumb up the bum wondering how 300,000+ people are in the predicament that they are.

Our claim to fame in that respect is all the forced austerity doing the rounds, end that and the problem might even become one we can resolve.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: seagull

Are you willing to give him a shot at it?

Do I have a choice? I don't think deporting the homeless from the view of VIPs is a workable solution. In Hawaii, they launched a campaign to give the homeless a one way ticket to any state they wanted, I don't think that was a workable solution either.

I fear that Trump's solution would be to round up the homeless and put them in work camps. I don't like the idea of people losing their freedom because of their financial state and homelessness.

The day we send the homeless to work camps is the day we might as well call it quits as a country.
You are going to need police to force these people to the work camps, they are not going to go on their own.
You are going to need people to police the homeless at these work camps and make them work, they are not going to work on their own.

From there it spirals out of control like the Stanford Experiment, where the police will be forcing them to work even if they are hurt, weak or hungry.

Welcome to North Korea.
edit on 6-7-2019 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Well for feck sake let an actual Human being tackle the issue as opposed to Trump.

My bad; I assumed you were being serious. It's more about who tries to solve it than actually helping folks out, amirite?

Thanks for pointing out my error.

TheRedneck

It seems, most of what is being done and talked about, is not so much about helping the homeless but helping the people that see them since they are an eye sore. When Hawaii offers to fly them back to the states, it is not to help them but to help themselves. When people talk about sending them to work camps or an institution, it is not about helping the homeless but about removing the eye sore.

It seems many want the government involved to provide the solution but for different reasons.
What the cheapest route, is what should be considered. Mental Institutions with doctors and policed work camps would get very expensive.

edit on 6-7-2019 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

They won't help them but simply manage the problem.

Out of sight, out of mind, will be the colour of the day, same as it has been any other day we care to choose.

Trump has more chance of creating peace in the Middle East than he does of actually helping these people out of the predicament in which they find themselves, which is to say no chance at all.

And it's not even like they have a voice to stand up to any madness he decides to perpetuate in their direction.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

They won't help them but simply manage the problem.

They? That is exactly what you have been proposing since the thread started!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I know the divide along the party lines runs deep and it can show itself at any time. But I don't think this is party line squabbling. I think it is important to distinguish the difference between the two ideologies when facing this disaster. It is clear and obvious that one ideology if it had its way, would stop the influx, and further, stop people from even making the dangerous journey to the border in the first place. The other ideology encourages people of all ages in all stages of health to embark on a difficult and dangerous journey, set upon by all manner of ills along the way, just so they can become criminals for crossing our border illegally.

The democrats keep saying they do this because they are compassionate and care about these poor souls and want them to have a better life. Its as though they never heard of the rape and murder on the way here, or the children being sold as sex slaves, or the drug traffickers using innocents as mules, or people dying of dehydration and exposure. All so they can come here illegally, and end up living in a cardboard box on the side of a road covered in used needles and human waste.

I say the truly compassionate ones are the ones who tell them not to even make the trip in the first place. Don't risk all the evil fates that await you on the way here. Don't die in the desert. Don't come here to live in a septic tank full of needles. We have a legal way of immigrating. Try that instead.

Compassion. It's really not that confusing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join