It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to tackle homelessness

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

...and, just out of morbid curiosity, who exactly would be to blame for that??

To help people, they have to first want to be helped, not just want to be given a hand out. Other wise, what's in it for them, if they have nothing at stake?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Blame, well that's the ticket i suppose.

Certainly not anyone we can see nor touch.

The blame lies in the fact that the poor souls are in their predicament, coz they did not all ask for there lot in life, none of us do i suppose.

Distribution of wealth and power play a large part, put it that way, far too few haves and far too many have nots.
edit on 7-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Blame, well that's the ticket i suppose.

There is a difference between blame and cause.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ok, so what's the cause?

And who is to blame?

I mean we can see the effect.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

People have been telling you the cause this entire thread. You just keep calling it blame.

You said earlier you had been homeless and managed to pull out of it only because of family which admit a lot of people don't have. That tells me one of two things: either you're lying about being homeless, or you just don't want anyone else to get out of it like you did.

That is despicable either way.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

What if the way i got out was not exactly legal?

Take money off drug dealers that are screwing you over and killing you inch by inch at a time.

You might need to slice and dice them a little beforehand to get what you want but # happens to bad people.

Move away start a new life, don't repeat the same mistakes that landed you in the mess in the first place, dont even need to be that far away.

Despicable yes, still here alive and kicking, most definitely 23 years down the line.

Do you know what you tell me?

Not much, not much at all. x

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

So now you're changing your story.

I call complete and utter BS.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

How where or when has my story changed? LoL

You canny go near friends and family when you're a junkie pal.

It's shameful for a start, nobody wants to know you and you steal stuff.

Need to fix you, and want to be fixed first, but you would not ken such with your death camp notions.

BS is an apt enough description of life in on and around the streets, ill give you that.

Can i order you a FEMA coffin per-chance, coz the other ones might be reserved?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Free housing, free food, and free transportation is now a death camp?

Oooo... Kkkkk...

Have fun with your delusions.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Because nothing is this world is free TheRedneck.

I like that you use the word ""Transportation"".

That's what it would amount to, maybe not to another country, but location.

What happens when they don't want to move to these designated areas?

Have fun with your delusional workhouses/death camps or whatever the hell it is you propose, and hell it would be indeed.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
For anyone reading... my proposal is here. It contains no camps, no deportation, no "hell" (it is specifically designed to allow for dignified, compassionate, individualized living conditions). The transportation is at will provided by a van to carry residents to any location they desire, such as grocery stores, department stores, work, interviews, etc. It has nothing to do with forced busing or deportation; those are outright lies. I strongly suggest anyone confused by the recent conversation read the actual proposal instead of the malicious propaganda.

Some in this thread have intentionally decided to ignore everything posted in order to demonize any suggestion to improving how we treat the homeless problem. I do not know why, but I will not allow the final page to be full of deceit and misdirection.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

So what happens when they don't want to go in these ""vans"" to your ""dignified"" places?

And how long until its mandatory or court appointed to go?

Who turns nasty first?

Even with the best of intentions what you propose is a very slippery slope I'm afraid.

Help them where they are, not where you wish them to be ffs!
edit on 8-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What happens when you pour water into a cup that is already full to the brim? The water spills over. Now what happens when you keep adding immigrants to a housing market that has very low vacancy rates?

It's a supply and demand issue, not one of a lack of more government funding.

You can't let in more than two million immigrants a year and not have a constant, ongoing housing crisis. If you can understand the game of 'musical chairs,' you can understand why we have so many homeless. There are always more people looking for housing than there are houses.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Help them where they are, not where you wish them to be ffs!

OK, got it. You want them to stay under the bridge or in the back alley.

I don't. People freeze to death there.

You do realize your opinion means squat to me now, right? You can't even read a freakin' post without getting it all twisted up. I was talking to people who have good sense.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Nope, i don't want them to have to be under any bridge in the first place.

But if they are under this bridge, have settled there, are hurting no one, or don't wish to be moved along.

I'm apt to try and help the poor suckers without uprooting them ever further and passing the problem along to some spurious dignified place of you choosing that you wish to take them in vans.

I know what not just give them all a big lovely yellow star that way we will know who to ""feed"" and ""help"" first.

They poor sods won't have much gold in their teeth for Trump to harvest, that's a given.

I don't care what my opinion means to you, camps won't work any more than walls will work. LoL
edit on 8-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Show me. Quit living in a death camp.

That is apparently what you call a home.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Show you what now?

Home is where the heart is, or don't you know.

They poor homeless sods home is where ever they managed to lay the heads.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Homeless people are not just a bunch of junkies. That is such a narrow perspective and doesn't even touch the reality that some are homeless because they are junkies and some became junkies after becoming homeless. So the 'reason' or 'blame' or whatever you want to call it is now wrong at least part of the time.

The homeless problem has not been resolved despite decades of efforts, granted to varying degrees, that have failed. The reason for the failures is, in no small part, the constant influx of additional homeless people via illegal immigration. It really isn't hard to understand. We realize we have 50,000 (for sake of discussion) homeless people that need help. We put a program together that should help 50,000 people. We negotiate to fund a program that should help 50,000 people. We initiate the program and six months later the program is bankrupt and we now have 75,000 homeless people. Why? Because there were always 75,000 homeless people, or 100,000, or however many there really are. We base a program on reported numbers we can track. Then illegals flood the program and bleed it dry. It happens with every program and service available in this country. And it will happen every time with every program because the real truth is: we don't know how many illegals there are in this country. It is feasible that nearly 1/4th of the people in this country are here illegally. That includes descendants of illegal aliens borne on US soil, and their children, and so on. I know that number sounds incredible, but it is possible. Personally, although the math allows for it, I think the number is slightly less than that. But the true number will forever be unknown, and will always represent a stumbling block for every program or benefit enjoyed by US citizens.

As for those horrible tragic hateful detention center death camps on the border, has anyone pointed out that the people being held there are perfectly free to leave any time they like? They are not being held against their will. They can go back to mexico any time they want.
edit on 9-7-2019 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Homelessness is a problem, usually at the end of other problems like health care and education. Some people do choose to help in what way they can, a few dollars, a cigarette, maybe even a room for a while.

I kicked my own dad out of my place at one stage. He did seam to like sleeping under gum trees, the rain sucks though. We eventually made up again and he got his own place after bouncing around a bit. The share houses and motel type places did not work out for him. A small 1 bedroom place was good and provided a long term stable, secure and private place of his own. It was government housing and took a while to get.

And then we have the attitudes of shame and disgust when seeing someone who has been sleeping rough and has not had a shower in quite some time. Lets just move them away a bit so they do not offend my eyes. Or is the shame and disgust a projection of how one can have so much while another has so little? The feeling of freedom when one does have so little is priceless.

It can also feel a bit threatening at times getting approached by vagrants, just how desperate are they? I have not had any serious problems, most seam ok doing what they can. At times it pays to listen to your instincts and just keep going.

The whole balls up with the 2008 financial crash has exposed some flaws with how the whole housing market is run. There where enough houses for pretty much everyone, but too much greed and short term advantage stuffed it up. Trump knows how to build stuff so getting the houses built is not the problem, getting it all working in was that is affordable and fair for all concerned is the hard part.

I have heard stories of the homeless around the city here getting rounded up and bused of elsewhere, I do not know where. It would be nice to think they go some where with a clean bed, shower, some healthy living and some time to dry out. If you don't like it you are free to leave, if you prefer to just bomb your brains out there is another place just down the road a bit. You will be stuck with other junkies there so it has its own risks and problems. I know there are a few communes around, have not spent any time in them.

What are you suppose to do with someone that has just given up on life? Give them a hand, a push, a bullet, some time, some hope, a cheeseburger? I very much support self determination and people sorting their own mess out. As for other people throwing their mess on to me, it is a tough one. One step at a time.
edit on 9-7-2019 by kwakakev because: spelling

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

was you ex wife a nazi by any chance ?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join