It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to tackle homelessness

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
If you want to tackle homelessness, then you need to treat them like actual human beings and show them compassion
no matter their circumstances.

The only way you can bring people out of hell is by showing them something positive !

so I already fear for this project

plus how often have you seen project to help the homeless , but then everyone skims off the top of this " charity"

one particular one in Scotland is run by millionaires who take a salary from the homeless charity!

then there are all the other problems with homelessness, like sex trafficking, human trafficking , slavery
gang related fraud !

Here in Scotland we have polish gangs forcing homeless Scots to work for them , by selling drugs and stealing
I have been told first hand by numerous homeless people about criminal gangs manipulating them to steal or sell drugs for them , as they are constantly being made to live in fear , off being beaten , and their meager possessions stolen !

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
also , probably not but this move by Trump wouldnt extend to the rest of the world or his allies by any chance ?

if so does that mean he wont make us pay for his visits to Scotland for golf, when we have a homeless problem

In 2018-19, 36,465 homeless applications were made, and 29,894 households were assessed as homeless by their local authority. This equates to a household losing their home every 17.5 minutes.

I bet he never thought about how much money could have went to them from Scottish government instead of paying for his security and his golf trip!

Although I just seen a job at trump turnberry for a groundskeeper !

Quite tempted to apply then ruin the greens with salt , for no other reason than to piss him off because I can be a # sometimes !

edit on 10-7-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Although I just seen a job at trump turnberry for a groundskeeper !

Quite tempted to apply then ruin the greens with salt , for no other reason than to piss him off because I can be a # sometimes !

Thank God nobody has cured cancer yet... I'd hate to think what you would do to them!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

hahahahah I love that you'd compare trump giving a rats ass about homeless people like he is some saint , to curing cancer ! Anyway dont even get me started on Cancer research and that "charity"

Shouldnt all people regardless care about the homeless , not just for political point scoring ?
Has trump every cared about anyone other than himself or his bank balance ?

I am just joking by the way , personally I dont like him , but if he does one thing that helps homeless people then so be it
he may have a shred of decency in him , but its not like he personally has done anything other than giving an order for some other people in government to make the cogs turn and makes things happen at the ground level !

Lets see trump donate some of his own personal wealth to help the homeless then we are talking ?

I like to believe that politicians are sort of like darth vader, completely corrupted by evil ,but with a shred of decency in them , and with their final act they can bring order to the galaxy , but will barely do anything good their entire lives!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I love that you were "just joking" about destroying a man's property because he tried to get some help for the homeless. I guess my sense of humor must be broken or something... I didn't get the joke. I saw where a man announced he wanted to try and fix a problem with society, and you thought that was a good reason to ruin his property... that's where my comparison came in. If you hate a man that much for trying to fix one problem, just imagine how much you must despise anyone who actually fixed a larger problem!

Incidentally, have you looked up Trump's charitable contributions? I haven't (and don't have time right now). For all I know, he might have done work for Habitat for Humanity. I know I have. Have you?

I know it's very easy to dismiss a man trying to work through a system that is so broken I had given up all hope of it ever being usable again only 3 years ago... but I'll give him kudos if he can get them some help too, without threatening to ruin his golf courses out of spite.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Nevermind his charitable contributions, It's Trump's tax returns most people would like to see.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Do you think you know how to read them?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Well, plenty of financial accountants could, those are people.

Don't you wish to see Trump's tax returns?

After all, i would not imagine you think he has anything to hide. LoL
edit on 11-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

OK, so you want to see something you can't read, so people you don't know can tell you what to think about it.

Got it. Didn't want it, but got it.

I really don't care if Trump was hustling little old ladies on 5th Avenue for lunch money. He's doing things I like as President. The rest of this is just angry fluff disguised to look like it means squat. That's also coming from an American, not a Scot. My opinion on Trump actually matters.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I did not say i could not read them just that financial accountants could understand them better than myself.

So no, you don't have it, and nor do we have Trump's mysterious tax returns.

Why is that do you think?

So peoples opinions don't count because they are not American?

That's rather a draconian and quite frankly mystifying outlook to suggest, given the position of power your POTUS wields over rather a large sway of the free world.

Says a lot really when one cannot have an opinion because they disagree with you.
LoL

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   

So peoples opinions don't count because they are not American?

Not when it comes to the choice of the US President. Duh.

My opinion on who you guys choose as your leaders don't count either. If course, then again, I don't exactly go around foaming at the mouth over UK politics anyway. Your country; your choices. My country; my choices.

Reality.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   

How are they your choices, are you a politician, do you work for the government or implement policy or law?

You won't have any say as to what happens to the homeless.

You don't make the rules any more than we do.

Trump's choices are generally made plain, by Trump, on the likes of Twitter, so people are going to form opinions I'm afraid whether you like it or not, worldwide.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

How are they your choices, are you a politician, do you work for the government or implement policy or law?

Hoss, I don't work for the government... I AM the government! Along with about 300 million other Americans. The politicians work for us. Most of them may have forgotten that, but Trump seems to be the exception.

The fact you don't know that illustrates why you don't vote in US elections.

You won't have any say as to what happens to the homeless.

Bull slippers!

I have worked to help build houses for the homeless and indigent with Habitat for Humanity. I have taken in homeless and helped them find their way (some worked out well, some not so much). I'll daresay I have dome many times more, orders of magnitude more, to help the homeless than you ever dreamed of doing.

Trump's choices are generally made plain, by Trump, on the likes of Twitter, so people are going to form opinions I'm afraid whether you like it or not, worldwide.

You can have your opinions as much as you want... they matter not. Trump is the United States President, not the World President. His actions mean nothing for you. All your complaining and moaning about how terrible he is, is nothing more than mental masturbation.

And I'd say offhand, you probably have some pretty hairy palms right about now.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   

"Hoss, I don't work for the government... I AM the government! Along with about 300 million other Americans."

What a load of horsecrap.

"The politicians work for us. Most of them may have forgotten that, but Trump seems to be the exception.

The fact you don't know that illustrates why you don't vote in US elections."

The ""politicians"" work for your the people??? LoL

Sure it's not the banker's corporations and financial institutions that they really work for instead?

Who owns the federal reserve banking system, is it the people?

I'm perfectly aware of how it's supposed to work, but that's not how it does, and only really stupid people would assume so.

Ile takes those hairy palms son because the fact is you don't sound like you could master'debate your way out a much with that attitude.

I would suggest you learn some manners but somehow i imagine the concept would be lost.

Ile also voice and share my own opinions as much as a like. x

God help you're homeless should Trump decide to put them in his cross sights, poor bastards won't know what hit them.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I wouldnt ruin his golf courses out of spite , its damaging Scotland
and I'd never damage the environment .

I havent checked out his charitable contributions

but a quick look and it doesnt look to good for trump!

but who knows , Im not an american and hold no allegiance to any news media there , i just picked an article that looked like it was neutral .

I havent heard of habitat for Humanity.

My fiance' and I help with homelessness in Glasgow , My Fiance' works for social bite a enterprise set up to end homelessness in scotland, and the money they collect from donations and the store goes to building communities for the homeless and they have an academy which helps them get back into work.
I go there to do the food hand outs sometimes with my fiance' but she works there 7-3 monday to friday
and does the food hand outs at night etc which I help her with.

Since she started there I have actually made friends with a lot of homeless people in glasgow and knwo them all by name ! well the scottish ones and some foreign ones, but alot of the foregin homeless keep themselves to themselves and rearely converse with you unless asking for information.

the thing that really upsets me most is the homeless are preyed upon by organised crime!
and its #in shocking

trump and his cahritable donations

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I would suggest you learn some manners

Sorry, but you wouldn't know what manners are if they bit you on the rear.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I wouldnt ruin his golf courses out of spite , its damaging Scotland
and I'd never damage the environment .

We'll just chalk that up to a bad sense of humor... OK?

I havent heard of habitat for Humanity.

Habitat for Humanity

It's a way for indigent people to actually own homes they could never afford and get a start on a new life. People donate money, land, materials, tools, and time. The charity selects those they believe are most in need of help and who has the best chance of changing their lives, and they get a mid-size home, brand new, including the land it sets on. The Habitat community here has maybe 20 homes in it; I have helped on at least 15. People show up and do whatever they can do... I can run a saw, frame, roof, and run wire for instance. Some people are just muscle to help raise walls or carry materials. Some people make sure there is plenty of water and snacks for those helping. Everybody has something they can contribute. The recipients of the home have to put in a certain number of hours of helping on other's homes (as well as their own, of course) and this leads to a feeling of actually working for what they receive.

Our Habitat community looks as good as any other community around here... if not for the signs up, no one could tell it was Habitat housing. People take pride in the gift they were given. It changes lives, permanently, not creates a gimme, hand-out program.

And it's my favorite charity. I help out (or did before the heart issues) out of the feeling of helping others. My kids have helped out as well, both of them.

I'm glad to hear you help out as well in your area. The homeless are definitely a group in need, and they need individual, special attention. One size will never fit all, but I will not fault anyone for trying.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Yeh bad humour , as it is a highly subjective subject so AYe 100% bad jokes !

Aye I did say in one thread that Donald will actually save the earth, put us on the moon and mars
and resolve the worlds hunger problems , its here in ATS somewhere !

just because everyone wants him to fail it would be so awesome if he actually just made things better

but I wont hold my breath hahahah .

I will check out the site it seems amazing from your description, I'll see if there is anything social bite can learn from that project.

I'm just so skpetical of government these days for "helping" at risk groups.

The UK government should hang its head in shame at the way we treat our homeless !

you will never see any homeless programs under a tory government !

so I shall applaud Donny if he actually pulls this off because I thought trump was the worst but
the tories are far worse !

FAR FAR WORSE!

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Ahh nice they have an office in the UK in Slough and they have projects here

Im going to see if they have projects in Scotland I can help with !

Cheers Redneck

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Well, you just made this old redneck's day! I dearly miss helping Habitat... if I could just freakin' stand up long enough to do some good, I'd still be spending my weekends there. The old ticker just doesn't seem to wanna work with me lately.

You'll get more than the satisfaction of helping out, too, if it's anything like it is here. We have actual home contractors who donate their tools and time to the cause. You'll get to see a house being built, see what all goes into it, and likely find out why things are done the way they are. It's great exercise, too, but instead of paying someone for the privilege, you are getting something in return. You'll likely meet the recipients as well... I met several of them. They were all so appreciative of the people showing up to help them! I heard some horror stories about how they landed in such poverty... sometimes of their own fault, sometimes not... but every one was an eye-opener.

And don't worry if you don't know much about construction... you don't have to know anything about construction. They have a schedule, but it's a very liberal one. They all know they have non-professionals helping out.

Just be careful with the power tools... a few months before I had to quit, I saw one poor guy shoot himself in the leg with a 10-penny nail. Wasn't serious, but I imagine it hurt very much badly. If in doubt how to use one, just ask.

As to the previous post, I am becoming more optimistic about Trump by the day. He's done a few things I didn't agree with (and I have called him out every time), but the vast majority of what he has done is exactly what I wanted him to do. I want a safe, prosperous, lawful country for all, free of corruption as much as possible. If he helps achieve that, to hell with his ego, to hell with his arrogance, and to hell with his imperfections.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join