It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to tackle homelessness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

According to this video, high sugar/carbohydrate diets are a huge source of all our heath problems:

If we were all on a Ketogenic diet nobody would ever get cancer.

Ketogenic diet

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Too many people. Trump can't fix that if he's gonna outlaw abortion. Homeless people are walking poster children for the liberal application of abortion in instances of retarded people who want to pass on their awesome genes.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
As Trump pointed out, homelessness was not this bad years ago.
After 2008, it has been steadily climbing.

Saying all homeless are druggies is a way to bury ones head in the sand and not look at the effects of globalism and the economy.

What happened in 2008 in order for it to increase?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001
As Trump pointed out, homelessness was not this bad years ago.
After 2008, it has been steadily climbing.

The world population has been steadily climbing every year since all of us have been alive as well. That couldn't possibly have anything to do with it so carry on.

I just look at it purely in terms of whether or not there are homeless people and how many. If there are a lot of them, there are too many people. Period.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I wonder what is the solution, hide it?

Massive social spending on job training and helping the homeless get back on track with their lives.

You don't think this is already happening?
It doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Anyway, I'm sure that Trump will have the same success with homelessness that he's had with his wall.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

With those rules that not a home its a hostel.

Give them houses, jobs, education, and money, then let them choose there own rules like everyone else.

As to lists, well that's a slippery slope and then some, especially for the purpose of discrimination against accommodation.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Deport the illegals to free concentration camps. Put the homeless in there.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic

Concentration camps you say, hmm now where's that been done before......

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Give them houses, jobs, education, and money, then let them choose there own rules like everyone else.

We do that now. It hasn't worked. Housing developments that cater to the indigent typically wind up being criminal centers of illegal commerce at best and a war zone at worst.

The rules have to be there and they have to be followed to the letter. You want help? Fine, I don't mind helping someone... I mind helping them destroy themselves.

The list... we're talking about one list: who violated the rules and was kicked out. Otherwise, anyone could get kicked out, walk away, turn around, and walk right back in. That is not a solution. Remember that the list is the only reason anyone can be turned down, and the only way to get on it is to be kicked out of the place before.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

A lot of people end up homeless because they make mistakes or the wrong choices in life.

How do you expect these people to abide by such draconian measures and rules?

Rather a few are apt to make a mistake or transgress thus end up on your list for petty things given the problems the poor sods have, what happens to them?

Lists are not the answer TheRedneck.

Better Houses, education, jobs that pay a proper living wage, and possibly the legalization of narcotics, thus the introduction of quality control, removal of the criminal element, and criminalization that surrounds the use of drugs nevermind proper care facilities for the people that require help with substance abuse, supported by the trillions of dollars to be had in tax might be an idea all the same.

Or we can just continue to let the drug lords, alphabet agencies, politicians and Police, keep all the profits to be had i suppose.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

A lot of people end up homeless because they make mistakes or the wrong choices in life.

You can't make the wrong choices in life if you don't exist. The people who gave birth to the people who will go on to make the wrong choices in life are the original doers of making the wrong choices in life. And so, their offspring are just doing what they were born to do. Making the wrong choices in life is hereditary in such cases.

The best choice such people can make is not to make another wrong choice and give it a name and feed it and nurture it and cause it to grow up and be another wrong choice maker.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

There is truth to what you say, but they have not made the best choices.

Or their parents did not make the correct choices, or simple circumstance has landed them in the predicament in which they now find themselves.

Every one of us is a product of society.

These people exist, attempting to preach what amounts to planned parenthood is kind of beside the point.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

Yes. How things look is important.

Go ahead and ignore the fact that the man is talking about fixing the problem that we can all see. Not just in Los Angeles, or San Francisco, or Seattle, or any where else.

In order to fix it, you first have to see it. Then try to figure out how to fix it.

Just throwing money at it, so that you can look in the camera and say "See? We're doing something." That it isn't working is very carefully ignored.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

You really are all for eugenics, aren't you? Lovely.

You and Margaret Sanger would get along great. She was all for it, too.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

According to your source :

“We’ve never had this in our lives before in our country,” President Trump said.

Twisted media said 2 years, he didn't.

He did.

"It’s a phenomena that started two years ago,” said Trump, who took office 2 1/2 years ago. "It’s disgraceful."

thehill.com...

Is he taking credit for homelessness?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Does it really matter who gets credit for "causing" homelessness?

If the man can get even a portion of the problem solved, it's a good thing, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Does it really matter who gets credit for "causing" homelessness?

If the man can get even a portion of the problem solved, it's a good thing, isn't it?

But can he? Telling homeless people you can't di that isn't a working solution.

Trump claimed that he had helped eliminate the issue in parts of Washington, D.C., "very quickly" by saying "You can't do that."
“When we have leaders of the world coming in to see the president of the United States and they’re riding down a highway, they can’t be looking at that,” he said. “They can’t be looking at scenes like you see in Los Angeles and San Francisco."

thehill.com...

He's making it harder for the Federal Government to tackle homelessness when he cuts HUD funding.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I don't know if he can, or not...

He got the Hermit kingdom that is North Korea to come out and begin to talk...

I'm certainly willing to give him his opportunity. No one else has done much in the way of solving it, have they??

Are you willing to give him a shot at it, or are you so caught up in the fun and games of partisanship, that you can't look past the name??

My support is very contingent upon what he thinks a solution is... If it's just kickin' 'em down the road...then yeah, I'll not be too thrilled with that.

As for HUD? I've no idea what HUD's budget is, I'll look into it later this evening after I get home.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic

I think this will be the GOP campaign platform 2020...MAGA MAGA

It's the Republican Jim Crow...It's like Deja Vu all over again...
edit on 4-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join