It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want proof of evolution at work, here it is.... Enjoy! (Observable and testable).

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Does it really have to be the same over and over again?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   
How about one of many modern versions of evolution and adaptability
www.nydailynews.com...

Cockroaches are being born impervious to bug sprays and it’s happening fast.

A Purdue University study found that the commonly found German species of roaches are being born with an immunity to toxins with which they haven’t yet been in contact. The shocking study, published on Live Science, concluded the evolution of the German cockroach, also called the Blattella germanica, develops an immunity to new poisons in as quickly as one generation of offspring.

“We didn’t have a clue that something like that could happen this fast,”study co-author Michael Scharf said. “Cockroaches developing resistance to multiple classes of insecticides at once will make controlling these pests almost impossible with chemicals alone.”

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
How about one of many modern versions of evolution and adaptability
www.nydailynews.com...

Cockroaches are being born impervious to bug sprays and it’s happening fast.

A Purdue University study found that the commonly found German species of roaches are being born with an immunity to toxins with which they haven’t yet been in contact. The shocking study, published on Live Science, concluded the evolution of the German cockroach, also called the Blattella germanica, develops an immunity to new poisons in as quickly as one generation of offspring.

“We didn’t have a clue that something like that could happen this fast,”study co-author Michael Scharf said. “Cockroaches developing resistance to multiple classes of insecticides at once will make controlling these pests almost impossible with chemicals alone.”

They did the same claim with antibiotic resistance in germs, but it is actually reversible. If you remove the exposure to the toxin, the populations quickly reverse back to being vulnerable to the poison again. It's not evolution, it's a change in epigenetic expression, which works with pre-existent genes. In other words, there are no new genes, instead certain genes are turned higher or lower to adapt to the poison.

for example, in this report: epigenetic inheritance and antibiotic resistance they found that antibiotic resistance was due to the increase of a particular gene that create detox pumps... thus allowing the microbes more resistance to antibiotics. Once the antibiotic was removed, the gene expression for the detox pump returned to normal, and the germ line was no longer antibiotic resistant. It's not evolution, it's adaptation via epigenetic mechanisms using genes that are already present.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

The roaches in question are born with immunity to toxins, not antibiotics.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423
a reply to: LSU2018

I know it must take massive brain power and skill to prove that which can't be factually proven.

And what might that be?

The theory of evolution. You know, the title of this thread. All y'all do is come up with something that you think sounds smart and you push it out to the masses for all to believe. Why aren't you out there doing something exciting like working on a time machine or a craft that goes light speed or a cure for cancer/AIDS/Stem that doesn't cost people hundreds of thousands of dollars? Why do you waste time and money trying to figure out where or what we came from when you could spend time and money figuring out where we're going and how we're going to get there?

edit on 2-7-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Ok, we came from tree rats. That sounds even dumber.

How am I galvanizing the position of evolution? I didn't evolve from a rat. I'm a mixture of a line of the same species. What I'm telling you is that a rat didn't mate with a rat and eventually make a human. A dog can't mate with a cat, it can only mate with a dog and will only reproduce more dogs. A rat will only reproduce more rats. A hippo will only reproduce more hippos, and a whale will only reproduce more whales. There might be deformities along the way but it'll be a rarity and it won't pass to the next in such a way that it completely changes the species.
edit on 2-7-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Get outta here. Rats turned into sharks turned into apes turned into men! SCOFF

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I gave you an example earlier of how a almost wolf like creature had the same inner ear bone formation as modern whales.

Millions of years apart, same taxonomic makeup... hmmm wonder how that happened.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Raggedyman

You're being literal, and making arguments for arguments sake. You also are playing a deflection game here.

If someone doesn't understand evolution there must be a reason. But if they are willing to accept it as a scientific fact then yes, no one who understands evolution will say we evolved from monkey's. If they do, they don't understand the subject!

Creationists DENY evolution, and love to cry "I didn't come from a monkey", or something silly like that.

It's nice to see how much information has been shared in these threads to provide proof of evolution, and it just ends up in the same way, ignorance and poor arguments or just blatant ignoring it.

That information doesn't show proof of evolution. It shows that people will willingly believe whatever they hear if they think it sounds smart. Since grade school in the 80's, my teachers have tried to say we come from apes (God forbid we use the universal term "monkey" and trigger anyone) and now you're telling me that's just some BS from creationists, because we REALLY come from tree rats? That's even dumber than monkeys. Errr APES i mean!

I don't think anyone is telling not to believe that you evolved from an animal, we're just telling you that we don't believe we evolved from them and giving our reasons why. So who's the ignorant one here, you who thinks we came from rats because some scientist made you think so (even though they're still reproducing more tree dwelling rats), or those of us who think we came from the same human specie who have been around for hundreds of thousands of years?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I gave you an example earlier of how a almost wolf like creature had the same inner ear bone formation as modern whales.

Millions of years apart, same taxonomic makeup... hmmm wonder how that happened.

Oh I don't know, naturally? Are other animals not supposed to have the same inner ear bone formation as another animal? There are millions of them, it's not like there won't be one or two that share something similar. Crazy how that could be. Just because we have two arms and two legs like nearly every land animal in the world doesn't mean we came from the same species somewhere down the line. You guys, in my humble opinion, take "overanalyzing" and "overthinking" to unheard extremes.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

We didn't evolve from apes. We are apes.

We evolved along side common ancestral pathes with other modern apes.

If you look at the fossil record it has hundreds if not thousands of different ape species that have become extinct or simply lost their species to transitional forms into another.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

You arent grasping the concept are you?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Phantom423

I know it must take massive brain power and skill to prove that which can't be factually proven.

And what might that be?

The theory of evolution. You know, the title of this thread. All y'all do is come up with something that you think sounds smart and you push it out to the masses for all to believe. Why aren't you out there doing something exciting like working on a time machine or a craft that goes light speed or a cure for cancer/AIDS/Stem that doesn't cost people hundreds of thousands of dollars? Why do you waste time and money trying to figure out where or what we came from when you could spend time and money figuring out where we're going and how we're going to get there?

Congratulations for being in first place for the stupidest post of the week.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

You arent grasping the concept are you?

No I'm not. You're not convincing me, and neither is the scientist that has nothing better to do. And that's saying a lot because I have a very complex mind and I love science more than I love history. You show me something convincing and I'll take a baby step towards the theory you're providing.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

We are apes.

Do you say, "Well I'll be a Monkey's Uncle" ?

It's not an idiom I would use, in fact I haven't seen any true solid fossil evidence to support that claim.
There was some years ago but it turned out to be fake, just like fake news.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Thanks, I'm honored. But I didn't say anything about the present and even that's your motto, you're still not doing it right. Try again. Oh, you can't because you spend all your time trying to coax people into believing your theory and you insult anyone who dares question your intelligence on the matter. Pardon me for daring to question your scientific knowledge. Seems to me, the further into the past science tries to go, the further downhill they go. I fully understand that you've invested your life in this, I just don't think you've been led in an accurate direction. I think you've been told the same things you tell us and since it sounded good to you, you went for it. Not your fault.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I showed you a perfect example and you still dont get it.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I showed you a perfect example and you still dont get it.

Perfect to you, and that's all fine, but your example doesn't convince me man. I don't think you're stupid or ignorant, I just think you see it differently than I do and whatever you're seeing in these examples is enough to make you believe them. I, on the other hand, still don't see enough.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

We are apes.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I get it though. You try to sound smart.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join