It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want proof of evolution at work, here it is.... Enjoy! (Observable and testable).

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Someone came up to me and told me I evolved from a monkey. He had proof of the monkey.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PerfectAnomoly
a reply to: Raggedyman

Ok, one more serious question.... I think this is a Bill Hicks quote actually...

Say your god did design the human body and all its ideosyncrasies, why put a playgound right next to a sewage works? Seems strange that choice....

PA

If it evolved that way, why? Why would the playground and sewage works evolve right near each other? Seems a strange choice...

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Ok, one more serious question.... I think this is a Bill Hicks quote actually...

Say your god did design the human body and all its ideosyncrasies, why put a playgound right next to a sewage works? Seems strange that choice....

PA

I hope one day you become aware of people who talk sh*t.
edit on 1-7-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is a perfect example of how evolutionists cherry pick things and then misrepresent them as proof of evolution.
The only thing common about what was offered as evidence was it’s route. Aside from that it is not what the op claims and the route it takes is due to the simple fact it has to, in order to function... As it’s the pneumogastric nerve the tenth cranial nerve which interfaces with the parasympathetic to function as the vagus nerve to control heart lungs and digestive tract.

More like a shared design, there is no evidence for this evolving like a brain being located in a chest cavity lol
edit on 1-7-2019 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
This is a perfect example of how evolutionists cherry pick things and then misrepresent them as proof of evolution.
The only thing common about what was offered as evidence was it’s route. Aside from that it is not what the op claims and the route it takes is due to the simple fact it has to, in order to function... As it’s the pneumogastric nerve the tenth cranial nerve which interfaces with the parasympathetic to function as the vagus nerve to control heart lungs and digestive tract.

More like a shared design, there is no evidence for this evolving like a brain being located in a chest cavity lol

This has to be, without a doubt, the stupidest post this week - and it's only Monday! Wondering if someone will outdo you by Friday - there's always a chance, but right now you're the winner!
edit on 1-7-2019 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

I think you just did...
Congratulations!

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You can surely see where they have issues?

Op offered proof. Gave shoddy evidence that requires as much imagination and believe as God from the bible?

Why didn't he just post the fossils of the species that birthed the giraffe or any of them?

I don't even know which direction you guys are claiming the giraffe came from. Was it one of those dinosaurs with a big neck that just started shrinking or was it a cow that just started growing a long neck because the trees started growing taller?

What was the OP arguing anyway. We came from giraffes or giraffes came from us? That he could have done evolution better than evolution?

Either way I live in South Africa so I get to see them every now and again. Really beautiful animals.

Not as nice as Netflix though

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The nerve you are talking about is the recurrent laryngeal nerve. It loops under the aortic arch, making me think it may have some sort of mechanism for real-time monitoring of blood pressure.

1) its a branch of the vagus nerve - which is responsible for heart rate.
2) it connects to the vocal cords

it may be responsible for the reflexive yell or gasp that is released after a quick dramatic increase in heart rate. Having a neural highway directly from the aortic arch to the vocal cords would be the best way to wire such a function and make it as quick as possible. It could also function the opposite way: i.e. increasing your heart rate after raising your voice.

the recurrent laryngeal nerve controls the muscles of the larynx too, meaning it could be responsible for adjusting these muscles to maximize breathing (and consequently rendering talking to be difficult [i.e. trying to talk when you're out of breath]), or any other sort of function which would require a neural highway from the heart to the voicebox.

If this is the biggest "mistake" out of the approximate 100 billion neurons wired together in our brains with approximately 1 trillion supporting glial cells, I think that shows how well designed the nervous system is. Especially since the recurrent laryngeal nerve most definitely has a reason for looping through the aortic arch.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: strongfp

There is no proof of creationism, or anything scientific about it.

Nor is there proof that that whales evolved from land animals or humans evolved from monkeys. Some scientist tells us the theory is true and we're supposed to believe it. But you know exactly what a theory is.

There's this wonderful thing called the fossil record that begs to differ. And humans didn't evolve from monkey's, that's a fallacy that creationists love to use.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Analbumcover

The OP's take on evolution is certainly lacking. But that's probably because the person is not a scientist and doesn't understand how research works. And that just opens the door for the lame, lazy and the crazy on this board to expound on their "knowledge" (and I use that word very hesitantly) of the subject.

There are a number of cults represented here by people like Cooperton and Neo...whatever, etc. who deny everything about modern science - except of course, when they need it. Cults like Creationism frame their position in junk science that has no validity in the real scientific community. These cults have virtually nothing to do with religion or Christianity. They're more in tune with Jim Jones and his suicide pack than they are with any religious figure.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423
a reply to: Analbumcover

The OP's take on evolution is certainly lacking. But that's probably because the person is not a scientist and doesn't understand how research works. And that just opens the door for the lame, lazy and the crazy on this board to expound on their "knowledge" (and I use that word very hesitantly) of the subject.

There are a number of cults represented here by people like Cooperton and Neo...whatever, etc. who deny everything about modern science - except of course, when they need it. Cults like Creationism frame their position in junk science that has no validity in the real scientific community. These cults have virtually nothing to do with religion or Christianity. They're more in tune with Jim Jones and his suicide pack than they are with any religious figure.

So in other words, everyone's an idiot except you? Everyone's lost except you? Everyone's brainwashed except you?

I don't know why, but your hubris is particularly infuriating.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You’re on a real roll... you just trumped your last stupid comment!
You have more stupid things to say I’m guessing?

edit on 1-7-2019 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

There is no proof of creationism, or anything scientific about it.

Nor is there proof that that whales evolved from land animals or humans evolved from monkeys. Some scientist tells us the theory is true and we're supposed to believe it. But you know exactly what a theory is.

There's this wonderful thing called the fossil record that begs to differ. And humans didn't evolve from monkey's, that's a fallacy that creationists love to use.

There are many reasons a whale can have foot bones in the back. If those were really feet, they would be so small they couldn't walk anyways. What can you accurately tell me about these fossils that you're not repeating from something else you heard?

Creationists don't think humans evolved from monkeys.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

So they're all wrong and you're right? And all because you get suckered into buying whatever a career scientist tells you. That's rich. Do you believe career politicians, too?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Woodcarver

Maybe a land and sea mammal, like a walrus, reproduced with a big fish, like a whale. Or they had small fins at one time. Crazy, eh?

I hope you are kidding. Please tell me you’re just kidding. I’m assuming from your screen name that you went to college.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Ok, everyone keeps asking for evidence of evolution, (Raggedyman, Woodcarver, EdMC2)… Here’s some…

I watched a programme a few years back where they were dissecting a Giraffe. Was fascinating… this is the biggest thing I took from the programme:-

In humans, the vocal chord comes from the back of the voice box in the throat, down the neck, wraps around a ventricle of the heart, then travels all the way back up the neck and connects to the brain. This is clearly not the most efficient route and clearly would not be “designed” this way…

In Giraffe’s also, believe it or not, the chord travels all the way down the neck, round the heart and all the way back to the brain up the neck. As I am sure you will agree, had this been designed this would be a ludicrous route to take.

This all comes from our (Humans and Giraffe’s) common ancestor you see… When the first mammal slithered out of the oceans all those millions of years ago it was still effectively an amphibious creature, it just evolved/mutated enough to be able to breath air, it clearly gained an advantage from this transition… In fish this route that the chord takes IS the most economical route…

This clearly proves our relation to a common ancestor… To claim that this anomaly is DESGINED this way is ridiculous… If it is designed this way then your god is very bad at design....

Please discuss…

PA

It’s ok Woodie, just a simple error that Perfectly Anon made, nobody would ever confuse you with a creationist
As nobody would confuse the OPs empirical evidence as real empirical evidence or even remotely capable of proving anything related to evolution being a science over a faith

Well, most everyone does accept this as empirical evidence as it spans throughout all mammals.

What’s your excuse for the transition of whales from land mammals to sea dwellers?

What transition
Are you going to tell me the whales pelvis bone is a left over from evolution and is vestigial....again
Please no, you can’t be that ignorant

Show me the evidence
Do you think whales have always had the shape they do now?

When do you think humans appeared on the earth?

How do you account for the lack of human remains beyond the anthropocene period?

How do you account for any fossil that apears only in one layer of the strata?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

So they're all wrong and you're right? And all because you get suckered into buying whatever a career scientist tells you. That's rich. Do you believe career politicians, too?

I am a career scientist.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You certainly are brainwashed, but willingly, not forced into anything. You chose willful ignorance.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ok, I have a hard time taking this as "proof" for a few reasons, two of which I'll share.

1, your reason this is proof of your point is becuase you can't see how it makes sense otherwise, that's not testable proof by any definition, is it?

2, you clearly have a personal agenda and vendetta you are trying to resolve, naming other posters and identifying ownership ("your god") of beliefs.

"Your proof" doesn't hold water as a testable truth, you've simply drawn your own conclusion based on the evidence in front of you. Weak sauce.

a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

a reply to: Woodcarver

Maybe a land and sea mammal, like a walrus, reproduced with a big fish, like a whale. Or they had small fins at one time. Crazy, eh?

I hope you are kidding. Please tell me you’re just kidding. I’m assuming from your screen name that you went to college.

I was being facetious about the reproduction, yes, but you can't teach common sense, my friend. You obviously saw something you believe, I obviously didn't. I don't believe a whale used to walk on land. If you do then more power to you. I won't call you names or tell you you're wrong because the truth of that matter is that you don't know, and neither do I. This leaves us only with what we believe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join