It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want proof of evolution at work, here it is.... Enjoy! (Observable and testable).

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You, yourself literally said:

Nor is there proof that that whales evolved from land animals or humans evolved from monkeys.

That's implying that your position on evolution is not even slightly correct or even have the basic understanding of what common ancestors are. The only thing we evolved from that resembled a monkey was so far back monkeys and apes didn't even exist, we were rat like tree dwelling creatures.

Pakicetus is a known almost direct descendant to whales, we have complete fossils of the thing, and if you look at it's skeletal structure the morphology of it's ancestors and later descendants checks out, from the hips, to the shorter jaw bone and a much more defined pronathic upper jaw structure, which we can see in today's cows, hippos, most whales, etc, etc.

Another instance found Pakicetus was later reclassified once some researchers had discovered it had bone structures in it's inner ear that are only found in modern Cetaceans, the evidence clearly leads to represents a transitional taxon between extinct land mammals and modern cetaceans.

The evidence is there, but you need to do actual research and understand how scientists use taxonomic traits of bones and physical features to map out a transitional morphology in extinct and living creatures, this is THE most basic principle of evolution, to show the subtle changes over time to map out the larger picture. And Pakicetus is what you would call a 'missing link'.

Here is some more information on whale evolution.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Phantom423

So they're all wrong and you're right? And all because you get suckered into buying whatever a career scientist tells you. That's rich. Do you believe career politicians, too?

I am a career scientist.

Say no more, o great and righteous one, for I deeply request your acceptance of my apology in questioning your intelligence and your ability to go to the greatest of lengths in your journey to find all the answers to that which we peons know not and shall never begin to fathom. I know it must take massive brain power and skill to prove that which can't be factually proven. I trust you will understand me when I tell you that I find it equivalent to using 6 sheets of scratch paper, front and back, to conclude that the true answer to 2+2 is actually 3 with the common core standard initiative. Who needs common sense when we have common core and career scientists to show us everything?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I know it must take massive brain power and skill to prove that which can't be factually proven.

And what might that be?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You can't prove that my position on evolution is incorrect. All you can do is repeat things you've heard. I don't care about common ancestors. We're a completely different species from tree dwelling rats. And I said we didn't evolve from monkeys, you're either misreading what I wrote, or you're confused/ing.

I'm a known, almost direct descendant to my grandfather, but he didn't evolve into me. I'm just a descendant. From what I'm told, I have teeth like my 4th great grandfather, height like my grandfather, and stout like my father with my mother's eyes. Not quite evolution.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yes you were implying that those who understand evolution say that we evolved from monkeys, no one does, only creationists think like this.

Did you even read my full post? What you just said is galvanizing the position of evolution.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Modern evidence suggests two things on this topic.

The first: Life didn't originate in the oceans; rather, it originated in hot springs. Some folks aren't buying the whole thermal vent thing anymore.

The second: Giraffes didn't naturally evolve those long necks of theirs, unless you count traveling backward in time to be natural as Ford Prefect reportedly did and, while he was there, practiced a form of animal cruelty never before seen since, or so he claims. He only mentioned it in passing to his friend Arthur, and I don't think Arthur thought much about it. Still, it sounds like something Ford would have done. I guess it's a kind of intelligent design of sorts. He was probably drinking the pan galactic gargle blasters, though.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Analbumcover

The OP's take on evolution is certainly lacking. But that's probably because the person is not a scientist and doesn't understand how research works. And that just opens the door for the lame, lazy and the crazy on this board to expound on their "knowledge" (and I use that word very hesitantly) of the subject.

There are a number of cults represented here by people like Cooperton and Neo...whatever, etc. who deny everything about modern science - except of course, when they need it. Cults like Creationism frame their position in junk science that has no validity in the real scientific community. These cults have virtually nothing to do with religion or Christianity. They're more in tune with Jim Jones and his suicide pack than they are with any religious figure.

So your defence of evolution is Jim Jones

That’s truly pathetic you need Jim Jones as evidence of evolution
I don’t think Jim Jones constitutes empirical evidence outside of atheism

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Yes you were implying that those who understand evolution say that we evolved from monkeys, no one does, only creationists think like this.

Did you even read my full post? What you just said is galvanizing the position of evolution.

So people who believe in evolution don’t deceive we evolved from monkeys?

You people?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Deception of what?

If you even knew anything about evolution you'd know we didn't evolve from monkey's considering were are classified as apes, not monkey's. The closest ancestors that we share with monkeys are the lesser apes like Gibbons and what not, and if you go back back enough we split with a common ancestor to our separate paths.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

Where did he manage to get pan galactic gargle blasters on primitive earth!?!

I also think you could classify drinking PGGB's as a natural process... at least you think it is after having one.
edit on 1-7-2019 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

So your proof is your "opinion"? That is not proof. Why is it that sharks and cocrodiles have not "evolved" and remain today almost the same, except for size and other very minimal differences, from how they were millions of years ago?

Not to mention the fact that even today at least fish, and some other animals, that were thought to be extinct for millions of years have been found alive today without any evolution seen in them. Why haven't they evolved into something different and remain the same?

Coelacanth Fish Tops List of Prehistoric Animals Found Alive

BTW, I have found a 10 million+ year old vertebrae from a shark when Wyoming was underwater. There is no difference between the vertebrae from sharks of millions of years ago with the vertebrae of sharks today.

edit on 1-7-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Deception of what?

If you even knew anything about evolution you'd know we didn't evolve from monkey's considering were are classified as apes, not monkey's. The closest ancestors that we share with monkeys are the lesser apes like Gibbons and what not, and if you go back back enough we split with a common ancestor to our separate paths.

So you are telling me no people, not one anywhere, on the face of this planet who believes in evolution thinks humanity is not from monkeys but creationist who don’t believe in evolution think humanity evolved from monkeys

You are a clown 🤡 fairdinkum, I can not conceive how clueless your comment is

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You're smoking some strong stuff and/or drinking rot gut. Get a life before it gets you.

edit on 1-7-2019 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You certainly are brainwashed, but willingly, not forced into anything. You chose willful ignorance.

And this wasn't intellectual dishonesty?

Is this the toll we pay for not adapting to your theory?

You don't understand pain and hate.

edit on 2-7-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

I dont think anybody is disputing that humans and giraffes are very similar in make up. But heres another fact there also made out of meet. And both would share about the same DNA as a banana.

Did you know that just now chimps and other primates are starting to show signs of coming into the stone age. Some are even fishing with spears. Think about it, how long have chimps and orangutans seen humans fish? For likely a few hundred thousand years going back to the human stone age.

But only now a few have started to catch up to the idea. Evolution right there. And who knows, in a million or so years they may even start thinking in abstract thought as well and having civilizations capable of building things. Or at least going by the rate and how long it took them to catch on to spear fishing and using basic primitive tools.

But how long before they start domesticating other animals? Or before they build there first carriage? Or forget that, when will the wheel catch on? Or farming? Or a million other things.

Lets just say there are no humans around. And they never see any of those things? How long do you think it would be before chimps and other primates even get around to the bronze age?

Evolution is more then just were made of meet and we have same type of vocal cords. Its basically how long will it take and how would they all start using those vocal chords to create a complex language system? And its no surprise that most designs are the same.

Unless your from a different planet or solar system and not a carbon based lifeforms, your bound to be pretty dam similar to other carbon based lifeforms. Most especially if you for untold millions to billions came to be from the same place.

That place being this planet. So ya there is no doubt that evolution exists. Or at least depending what you mean by evolution.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The happiness this theory of evolution brings! I'm so sad you don't want to believe it.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Deceivers acting like teachers.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hey friends.

Do you guys mind if we let the OP finish before we start branching to lesser and greater apes.

He said he had proof.

No one has tried to touch the giraffes evolution since the beginning so we talking the 1800's sometime.

Two hypothesis, one from Lamarc(spelling) which stated it was food scarcity on the floor that was the reason. The other herbivores living along side them say no. Otherwise those fossils where wrong?

Second was from Darwin with the usual survival of the fittest. Don't know if any of you have looked at the species they say the giraffe came from or bothered to check how many fossils they had when assembling their version of the creature? Hardly any neck and only powerful lateral movements.

Let's just say the giraffe wasn't the best example unless OP has some new discovery I could have missed. The latest was people trying to link the acacia leaves that are higher than normal. Unfortunately giraffes are seen eating off the ground nearly as regular as eating from the tops.

Now stop branching off like monkeys please.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   
God created evolution by design.

I mean, if you look at the Bible, Genesis drills home that point.

First there was light, I.e. Big Bang. Then there was soil and water. Then there were plants Then there was animals. Then there was man. In what way does that not elude to evolution?

Creation and evolution all in one box.

Ha, really though, there is no such thing as a divine supreme architect, and there's just as much evidence of grand design as there is for evolution.

To debate the orgins of everything, and nothing, is a circular tug of war that goes nowhere.

Besides, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that mankind and all of life in the universe, including the universe itself, is simply a construct built in real-time within in the imagination of Chuck Norris.

OP is just angry Chuck made him out to be an idiot that believes Chuck comes from pond scum. Chuck is the beging, the end, and the forever.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

You're being literal, and making arguments for arguments sake. You also are playing a deflection game here.

If someone doesn't understand evolution there must be a reason. But if they are willing to accept it as a scientific fact then yes, no one who understands evolution will say we evolved from monkey's. If they do, they don't understand the subject!

Creationists DENY evolution, and love to cry "I didn't come from a monkey", or something silly like that.

It's nice to see how much information has been shared in these threads to provide proof of evolution, and it just ends up in the same way, ignorance and poor arguments or just blatant ignoring it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join