It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Man Arrested After Shooting Home Invaders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The people who would prosecute this man and the as@&$@s who wrote the tyrannical laws that allow for it should be publicly beaten, their property seized and given to the working poor, and exiled to Cuba. Too many stories like this are coming from those left wing states.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

It didn't.
I was born in NY and lived there until I was in my thirties. I never found that they stepped on any of my rights.
When I moved to Virginia and was hit with that personal property tax I was floored. Pay taxes on an old car every year!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: dfnj2015

I've got about 20 guns.
A mix of pistols, shotguns and rifles.

I have holsters for carrying 2 of my pistols.
Both are registered as am I.

The other 18 dont need to be registered and most are not.
This gun fall into the later category in my opinion.
Unless he carries the gun outside his home it nobody's business.

I would not expect you do to anything more than what the law requires.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner
The people who would prosecute this man and the as@&$@s who wrote the tyrannical laws that allow for it should be publicly beaten, their property seized and given to the working poor, and exiled to Cuba. Too many stories like this are coming from those left wing states.

Then get a law passed for "publically beaten" someone. Of course, someone could argue publicly beating someone would be a violation of someone's 8th Amendment rights.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

No. Your example fails because the man is not driving without a license if the car is parked in his garage.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Now you know how some gun owners feel.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

What the hell does this have to to with dems? And they didnt arrest him for defending his home. Perhaps you should, oh I dont know.... maybe read the article before you jump into the conversation?
No take the lazy way out and just feed the company line about dems and guns.
I know I should expect more from people.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
It's dumb when you need registration for a Right that was guaranteed to you in the Constitution.

Registering guns were unconstitutional I'm sure it would have been challenged. I think registering guns comes under the "well regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I'm trying real hard not to bring up the abortion issue and the fact that it seems that pregnant women are the only ones some seem to think shouldn't be allowed to protect themselves and their own. Do you really want me to bring up the story of the pregnant women in Alabama who was recently thrown in jail after being shot during an argument in a parking lot which cause her to lose the baby. The grand jury decided that the person who shot her wasn't guilty because she was afraid of the pregnant women and well stand your ground and all that. But then things go a little screwy with them deciding to charge the pregnant lady instead. It seems that the fetus was the only victim in this. The fetus didn't have a choice but to be there and the mother was negligent by allowing herself to be in the heated argument (which. yes the pregnant women started)

So here we have two women arguing and at some point it escalates to the point where one feels the need to use a gun. Both "standing their ground" a right given to both by the laws. But then the pregnant women seems to lose that right because it might endanger the baby she is carrying.
Kind of makes me wonder, if a pregnant women in Alabama can stand her ground even during a home invasion and try to protect her kids or property or us she is supposed to just run and hide in a closet and pray the guy doesn't find the rent money she has stashed in her dresser drawer or rape her young child and is impregnate her, in which case no one will have any legal power to protect that young child from the dangers of pregnancy either.
I've been trying to stay on topic maybe you should try also.
edit on 1-7-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

oh it has been
criminal dont have to register guns per the scotus
5th amendment protection NOT afforded to non criminals

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

It was not assumed that the gun was unregistered. It was unregistered.
You're working overtime to defend this and its really so simple you do not need to.

If I buy a car I am sure as hell going to register the car in my name and get all the paperwork done. DMV slowness be damned.
Even if the car was an antique I was only going to leave in the garage and work on. Would you just leave it in the previous owners name? Even if you were never going to drive it?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

He wasn't arrested because he had the gun, he was arrested because he failed to follow the law and register it.

Correct

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

What the hell does this have to to with dems? And they didnt arrest him for defending his home. Perhaps you should, oh I dont know.... maybe read the article before you jump into the conversation?
No take the lazy way out and just feed the company line about dems and guns.
I know I should expect more from people.

It has more to do with anarchy. Republicans don't like following laws. It's the old adage, "I don't have problems with authority unless I am the one in authority."

The guy broke the law and got arrested. I don't see how defending your home against intrusion means you are suddenly above the law.

As usual, this issue requires critical thinking skills to parse through the language used in the laws. This means most ATS Retardicans are going to shoot from the hip first rather than do any research.

Here's what I found:

New York Self Defense Laws

Stand Your Ground Laws

"No registration for long guns. All handguns must be registered under a license. There is a $3 registration fee. Handguns are registered with purchase permit. The serial number and sale is noted down. It is illegal to possess any un-registered firearm. Antique weapons are exempted from this. All handguns must travel in the manner one's license is issued. No record is needed of previously owned handguns with law enforcement. *All rifles classified as assault weapons must be registered with the state by January 15, 2014. NOTE: Different laws apply for NYC"

Gun laws in New York

It look like the guy had the right to shoot the intruders under the "The Castle Doctrine." But he broke S 700.00 and/or S 265.01 laws.

I thought this was interesting, "New York state law does not require a license to own or possess long guns."

edit on 1-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

You need to register a dog.
You register to vote.
You register to own a vehicle.
You register for school or your Mommy does it for you when you turn five.
You register to collect social security when you are old.
with a population this big everyone does not know everyone so we need registration. Keep track of who owns what and who is responsible for what and who gets what....
This is just another one of those things.
Oh well... spend an afternoon getting it all legal or spend time in jail, pay a lawyer then get it all legal.

PS... the registration fee is $3.00

edit on 712019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Please site the right that is violated by gun registration.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I kind of don't think it was back when this law was passed in the early 1900s. I remember finding an article in an old newspaper my grandmother had with a story about a interracial couple being publicly whipped. If that newspaper was older than this lawn it wasn't by much.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

What is the later catagory? All guns need to be registered in the state where this dude lives.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CharlesT

Please site the right that is violated by gun registration.

I think gun owners should be required to carry liability insurance for their guns in cased of misuse. If your gun is used in a crime then the victims can sue for damages. The family victims of Sandy Hook for example all got nothing. If their children were killed by cars they would have been able to get funeral money.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The 8th Amendment is pretty clear:

"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yeah.

But I pay the tax every year because its the law.

I dont have a secret car I just keep in the garage that the state doesnt know about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join