It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Man Arrested After Shooting Home Invaders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yep I know laws are for the good of a society. When a law is broken due to circumstances is there ever a time to just say "So What" ?..

If you saved a family from rape, robbery, or death by killing someone you are a what, a murderer, an evil person, or someone who took it upon themselves to save the weak because the cops or authority figures were not there ?

I usually think or say natural selection is alive and well. Those who do not wish to protect themselves should not complain when or if they are robbed or worse.

I carried in the states for many years and all I can say is my weapon was for me and mine not someone else's problems; a friend of mine who was a detective told me that every bullet fired has a lawyer attached to it, thus my decision that the weapon was for me or mine was a pretty hard rule for me.. Maybe if it was some idiot doing random fire on a crowd then I might have done something; especially in a mall or even in a theater. Dunno depends on the circumstance but I guess I will never know, thank goodness !

So here we have a 64 year old guy in upstate New York who had a "hand me down" 38 pistol from his father which he never tried to register with the state; which if what I have been told and read is not that unusual in that garden spot of a state.

Two guys break into his home and ended up dead even though the cops said he was in the right to defend his home.

The intruders were warned but being N.Y. I guess they thought he was bluffing and so they proceeded up the stairs of his home where both were shot.

Then along comes the N.Y. D.A. and our home defender is now sat in jail with a felony gun charge and not enough money to post his $10,000 bail..

Officers who responded on the scene and the Oneida County District Attorney later determined that Solarczyk had lawfully defended his own home from two intruders. But he was later charged with felony gun possession by the DA for his possession of the weapon, which was handed down by his deceased father. New York requires a series of registration permits and licensing for all firearms, even those that are passed from father to son. Stolarczyk never registered his ownership of the gun after his father died.

Stolarczyk is currently in jail, unable to afford the $10,000 bail required by the court for his freedom.

bigleaguepolitics.com...

Dad had a break in at his home which was in a nice middle class neighborhood....Homes looked like people had some money etc etc.

I had basically taken Dad's pistol away from him because he had gotten the palsy so bad he was in danger of shooting himself in the foot.. But he did have a couple of shotguns which were placed within arms reach of his bed and den/T.V. room.

One day the door bell rang and dad did not answer the door. A couple of minutes later the door started being kicked in. By the time the door broke open the invader was looking down the barrel of a 16 gauge shotgun... The intruder left after tripping all over himself while trying to run to the car that waited for him... This was a couple who had been breaking into homes for the last couple of months and luckily Dad got the tag number and they were arrested with several stolen items. Dad was in his late 60s or mid 70s ?? when this happened... I hate to think what might have happened if he had not be armed or able to defend himself....
youtu.be...

youtu.be...

Pretty sick people in this world and sick is really being nice when talking about these animals

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

So what happened to the right to bare arms?

The man was inside his home and used a gun to protect himself.
He didn't carry the gun down the street.

And of course the aclu will not be heard from.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Short answer if anyone is uninvited in anothers home (property) they are up

to no good? and if they wont leave the owner of the house is entitled to

defend his family and property.

IF this law was upheld....... theives and burgler's would not exist.......

Too dangerous a career?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

He wasn't arrested because he had the gun, he was arrested because he failed to follow the law and register it.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
New York should just ban breaking and entering to prevent this issue in the future.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
He lawfully used a gun illegally!

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

He wasn't arrested because he had the gun, he was arrested because he failed to follow the law and register it.

Yeah, I read the article.
He shouldn't have to register a gun that stays in his home.
Funny how authorities pick and choose what laws to enforce.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
New York should just ban breaking and entering to prevent this issue in the future.

That sounds like a solid plan.
Perhaps dems will put this on their 202o platform?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

It sounded like he was put in jail for violating the registration laws and not because he was defending his home. This like a policemen giving you a ticket for not having your license after someone rear ended you in your car. I once heard a policemen giving a reckless driving ticket to someone who skidded off the road while the person was getting their car pulled out of the ditch by a tow truck.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
He lawfully used a gun illegally!

And as their entry was illegal in the first instance, he wouldn't have been able

to do anything illegal IF they hadn't been there illegally first?

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Simple answer, do not live in a state that violates the Constitution regularly and repeatedly.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It sounded like he was put in jail for violating the registration laws and not because he was defending his home. This like a policemen giving you a ticket for not having your license after someone rear ended you in your car. I once heard a policemen giving a reckless driving ticket to someone who skidded off the road while the person was getting their car pulled out of the ditch by a tow truck.

Wouldn't it be more like giving a ticket to a guy without a license that was rear ended while his car was in the garage?
This guy wasnt walking down the street with his gun, he was in his own home.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I guess considering the Dems don't mind illegal breaking and entering into our country. I'm not surprised they're punishing this guy for just protecting his home.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Wouldn't it be more like giving a ticket to a guy without a license that was rear ended while his car was in the garage?

No because the gun was really not registered. It would be like you were saying if they put him jail AND his gun was really registered.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Where in the article does it say he never takes the gun out of his home?? Don't believe it does. Let's change the facts a little. Let's say that his brother, who is still alive gave him the gun which his brother did register. He didn't register is so according to the govt records, the gun is still owned by his brother. And let's say he was the one breaking into the place and killing people and he ditched the gun. The police identify the weapon they find as being the one that was used in the breakin and find it was registered. And, of course they unnecessarily pay a visit to his brothers home, and hey if the are African Americans, they might decide to bust down the Dow, guns drawn, or throw a flash Granada into his child's crib before they even start asking questions. Or maybe the person this guy wasn't home when the house was broken into and the thieves found the gun. The gun didn't want to report a gun stolen that he never registered so he didn't. And the thieves went on to use it. The result is that you have the cops hassling two innocent men.
If you are a law abiding gun owner, just register the dang gun and get it out of the name of the previous owner.
It's like buying a car telling the person you are buying it from that you'll turn the plates mlm in for him when you register it and then driving it into a crowd of people and driving away. Who do you think the cops are gonna go to when they track down the plate number? Who's insurance is gonna get creamed?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

No because the gun was really not registered. It would be like you were saying if they put him jail AND his gun was really registered.

If you look at any history of gun registration what comes next is gun confiscation. IMO that is one big reason why people resist right or wrong; also no where does the constitution say you only have a right to protect yourself with a registered gun ?

I get it he broke the ill conceived laws of N.Y.
Ill conceived or not it is their laws.
Thank god there are other places to live in America besides that sanctuary state of governmental idiots IMO.
edit on 727stk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Oh bull#.

What if.
Maybe.
How about.

"Stolarczyk heard voices in his garage one day in May, and went on to vocally warn the strangers who had entered his home. When the two burglars started coming up the stairs, Stolarczyk shot them both with a Rossi .38 Special revolver. Both suspects later died."

Unless the man is caught carrying the gun outside the home it cant be assumed.
That is you changing the facts...

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It's dumb when you need registration for a Right that was guaranteed to you in the Constitution. Any citizen in the US should be able to exercise that Right as long that they have no violent criminal record. I guess we all will have to register soon to voice any opinion that we have on and off the internet too. Perhaps all this will be fixed once RBG retires or drop dead!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join