It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Man Arrested After Shooting Home Invaders

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yup, should be run right up to SCOTUS and where for heavens sake is NRA in offering defense resources.

I find ironic how when left benefits it's Supremacy Clause when not, States Right.

Looks like perfect case to run with to once and for all a firm the 2nd.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: yuppa

Yup, should be run right up to SCOTUS and where for heavens sake is NRA in offering defense resources.

I find ironic how when left benefits it's Supremacy Clause when not, States Right.

Looks like perfect case to run with to once and for all a firm the 2nd.

The NRA doesn't give a squirt of piss about anything other than filling their coffers.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Just like the DNC. Lol.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Oneida County is one of the worst counties in NY for 2nd ammendment, i live there.
Takes upwards of a year to get your pistol permit in this county, and that's if the DA likes you.

I haven't even bothered, i don't like hassles. Interesting that it didn't mention which village/town this occurred in. Will have to check local paper.
edit on 7/3/2019 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Older gentleman with a firearm handed down from his father - Antique weapons are exempted from this.
I wonder if that would exempt him actually. I still keep what would be considered an antique myself, a shotgun that my great grandfather traded a cow for, pretty interesting history around that thing.

Another part of your post that states - No record is needed of previously owned handguns with law enforcement.
I wonder if this previously registered gun would fall under that protection as well, the wording is somewhat ambiguous, then again I'm not a lawyer.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

It's dumb when you need registration for a Right that was guaranteed to you in the Constitution. Any citizen in the US should be able to exercise that Right as long that they have no violent criminal record.

How is the State supposed to determine if you have that right if you don't register it so they can check his background? He wasn't arrested for shooting someone. He was arrested for an unregistered gun. The U.S. has the highest # of shootings for a reason.

It's ironic to me, that many are so on point about due-diligence when vetting immigrants, but when vetting gun owners, it's not a big deal. Many times there are people who should not have a gun and they do, because that protocol was not followed. Texas church shooting - ex-military who was dishonorably discharged for violence, and was not properly vetted, and was able to get guns. oops. Not a big deal?

You have the right to many things that still require registration, training, and other requirements. I'm ALL FOR gun rights and ownership. But I'm also all for making sure those who have guns haven't committed crimes, are violent, mentally unstable, illegal aliens, and so on. Gun registration helps that be a reality.

People just want to hate regardless of the reasons. "OMG they are taking our gunz!!"
edit on 7-7-2019 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit
The State of New York? The insane state. New York the state where it is against the law to declaw a cat but you can murder a child after it is birthed. Can't defend New York on anything. A POS broke into a house and he got waxed GOOD. Saved the taxpayer a lot of money. Guns are handed down through the family.I believe if it is registered to the same last name we are good. BIG BROTHER need not look over my shoulder. Lets leave it at that. I do not want government deciding anything for me or others. It gets to close to Communism.

edit on 7-7-2019 by Ansuzrune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Simple answer, do not live in a state that violates the Constitution regularly and repeatedly.

And which state, pray tell, would that be? If it isn't guns, it's one thing or another. The courts have shredded the Constitution beyond recognition anyway, so...

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thank goodness an overwhelming majority of the USA has some sense and does not require the registration of ANY firearms, Florida included.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join