It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

That's a Ming Dynasty Vase right there mate!

Ya! Bally struck it rich mates!

Beers are on Bally!

P

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

That's a Ming Dynasty Vase right there mate!

Ya! Bally struck it rich mates!

Beers are on Bally!

P

Well cool mate. here have a beer on me.

lol. I want some pics of the airshow down your ways.

Bally

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Finally! Where have you been young man? The dragon Sisters have been worried sick. Poor dears.

I have been sweating, mainly. Yesterday a temperature record was broken here in Holland and today another temperature record was recorded. 39.3 C (102.74 F) and 40.4 C (104.72 F) respectively. Tomorrow is going to be more of the same. Of course I now realise that no-one else is looking out for my welfare at work so I just informed my supervisor that they will not see me at all this week. I didn't ask, I didn't request, I stated. I got an SMS back, "I understand."

The last time was during a heavy storm. "We thought it would only last an hour." Obviously interpreting a weather report is a complicated and tricky thing for "some people".

I have also been re-discovering my astonishment with regards to certain persons cognitive dissonance. 2 of my colleagues (that do not work in the garden) have diabetes. One guy (55-ish) is in a mobility scooter because he cannot walk far due to circulation issues caused by said diabetes. The other colleague is a 60 year old woman who also cannot walk far due to diabetes issues. All I see them do is eat cookies and other sugary junk all day. So I say "I thought you guys had diabetes?" Their answer? "Yeah, but it tastes so good."

Okay then. Would you still be praising the taste after one or more legs needs to be amputated due to a deterioration in your condition thereby limiting you mobility even more? Obviously I didn't say that but I did think it.

Anyway, back to sweating.

edit on 25/7/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Good god man, don't you ever clean up? LOL Empty pizza box, sweets, what appears to be a can of opened pet food and other rubbish all in the vicinity of a fake-Dutch Delfts Blue vase with a windmill on it.

ETA It is not a Ming vase! LOL Probably some cheap Dutch tat made for tourists.

Ah, just in time. A taxi!

ETA2 Shroom beer? Surely that's not legal? Only sclerotium are legal here now but I don't think they would be allowed to be shipped internationally.

edit on 25/7/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Many Thanks (for the Birthday wishes) to Night, Light, WIS, Luke and Fins (and anyone else whom I may have missed!)

WIS - Didn't you have candles on YOUR cake...???

Fins - Thanks Man. Your comment there brought a wee lump to my throat, and the Pixie Rum is just the thing to quell it!

I do actually still pop into the shed quite often, but I haven't been in the frame of mind to post very much lately. (sorry)

All's good here, family are well, work is quiet, weather is HOT (for a change), the new band is coming along OK (we're doing a charity gig on 10th August) - there are short video clips of our latest rehearsal on that "FaceBonk" site, if anyone's interested...

cheers,
G

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

LOL! I think you need some pixies to help you clean up in there.
Just how potent is that beer of yours?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

God I love that avatar of yours! How are you Wolf Lord?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Gah, I hate the heat and humidity! So what will you do on your vacation? I'm staying cool in my air conditioned apartment until tomorrow anyway.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Happy birthday to our G-man!!!

hope you had a lovely day, sorry I'm a wee bit late.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yay it's Sir Gordi of the Shedlands! I was happy to hear that at least you've been lurking.
I'm still trying to wake up here so on to my second cup of coffee. I made a fresh pot if anyone wants some.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Wow, that looks delicious!

How are you Zazzy?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Gah, I hate the heat and humidity! So what will you do on your vacation? I'm staying cool in my air conditioned apartment until tomorrow anyway.

I shall be sweating in my non air-conditioned room. LOL Most houses don't have it because it is only for a month or two each year. When I smoke at the emergency exit door it feels like I'm opening a huge oven door. The blast of hot air trying to force itself through the door made me close it and smoke inside (but still at the exit door) instead. I don't think I could take living in a hot country one bit!

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Late? ...late? It's a Birthday Extension I tells Ya!
Thank You very much!!

nom nom nom

Gx

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I feel for you, I really do. There was a time when we didn't have air conditioning and it was like torture. I was so pissy I could have ripped someone's head off. Lol I'm so much nicer now. Lol

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Late? ...late? It's a Birthday Extension I tells Ya!
Thank You very much!!

nom nom nom

Gx

Yep! I got more food and cake and drinks ready. All we need is some music and the guests to arrive.

edit on 25-7-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Yep! I got more food and cake and drinks ready. All we need is some music and the guests to arrive.

(It get's "lively" about 1:10 in!)
G

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

...and.... breathe... LOL

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I could picture you playing and singing this one Gordi.

I'll be on the back porch in the wicker rocking chair if anyone wishes to join me. Pesky is sitting on a pink peony eating some honey and arguing with the bees.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Thank you Gordi, I got your gist, so very kind.

On another note, this reminded me of when I was a wee biker. I spent days painting a beautiful rose on the back of my leather rideing jacket. Haven't thought of that in years.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

No, No No, don't give him chocolate, walnuts and whipped crème. He can only handle Wasa flatbread, with out butter or "pure spirits".
Do you want to poison him? give it to me I will sacrifice my self. I offer myself up so he can see his children grow up. On the other hand Chrissy might need a break.

I am confused now.

edit on 25-7-2019 by WalkInSilence because: crap

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join