It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Do you know why many animals change their designation after being butchered?

Not sure if this is a riddle or joke, but either way, no I don't. Do you?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Wow, he really did your story justice and brought it to life! That guy has a great voice!

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hello DOE and Pheonix!

Hello to everyone! I fell asleep deep in the forest and woke to find one our magical creatures sheltering me from the cold.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
My laptop's wifi adapter is going to drive me insane -- all diagnostics say it's fine, but the damn thing's top speed is 50KB/s -- that's agonizingly slooooooooow as hell (posting this should be a gas) Even a tracert via the command prompt didn't show much other than the standard indication that the household router doesn't like my wifi card much, ugh. Router drops some outgoing data packets from my laptop, always has.

This started out of the blue last night sans any kind of updates, and has not improved with any troubleshooting or finagling I've done. I'm about ready to buy a USB wifi adapter to plug in & see if that solves this any.

Back to troubleshooting, because evidently I enjoy torment

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Tech issues can drive one bonkers. Just don't throw the turkey at anything.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: bally001

Would be nice to get a bit more acronym action but it's really no worry. Good to hear you've gotten some services back. You seem in good spirits considering all that's going on.

Question: are they still called "chooks" when they are on your plate, or only when they are living?

Is it "chook" like "book", or like "spook"?

It's "chook" like "book" So "roast chicken" is a "cooked chook" so to speak. $9.95 at Coles. So it might go like this, me: "I'm picken up a chook from coles!" 'True love: "Grab some salad." Me: "That and coleslaw, and some dog bones."
Truey, "Good and a pouch as well."
Me: "No wukkers mate."

All's good in our land.

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: bally001

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: bally001

Yay, you have electricity and had a wonderful visit with a fellow ATS member!

Rico as in Autorico??? Tell him we miss him in here.

Anyone heard from LightSpeedDriver?

Electricity! Something we all take for granted. Bit of glamping was had here for a while. Nice to be able to flush the 'dunny'.

Kind regards,

Bally

Very nice to read this! And uh... Electricity for granted? heck, i even take internet for granted. I have a great connection these days but in my former apartment i had all sorts of bugs going on... disconnecting and then a couple of hours offline. So my thought patterns were like "Okay, internet is out... can't go to ATS... *thinking*,,, okay maybe i will watch a documentary from youtube... but wait, the internet really is out" and and endless loop of that sort of stuff.

I don't actually know if that is a bit sad or funny or both

Dear Fin,

Ehkä kesällä mennä Halti vuorelle. Ei puhelinta, ei Internetiä. Vain leiri. Se tyhjentää pään niin puhua paljon kuin elää täällä ilman sähköä ja Internetiä. Kokeile sitä, vain jos vain yhden yön.

Terveisin, kuten aina,

Bally

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

"Glamping" :- Camping with Glamour. i.e. Style. Some luxuries such as a comfy bed, gas stove and generator and your pets of course.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

He gave me chills. He does have a good voice, doesn't he? He narrates audio books for a living. If you want to hear him narrate other stories you can look up Sound Booth Theater.
edit on 28-11-2019 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Hullo.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

originally posted by: pheonix358

Do you know why many animals change their designation after being butchered?

Not sure if this is a riddle or joke, but either way, no I don't. Do you?

Basically, back in the Year 1066, the Normans invaded and took England.

The villagers ( serfs ) called the animal a Cow, but the Normans ( masters ) called it a Beefer. So ... alive it is a cow and on your plate it is a piece of Beef.

All of the silliness comes from the merging of languages bound up in a Master / Surf relationship.

This is how language develops over time.

P

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Serfs up dude.

I'm sorry this was such a stupid response.

edit on 11/28/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Happy Turkey Day Everyone!

Just popped in to wish you and your families a safe holiday filled with Love,Joy,and Stuffing!

Going to sit down and play some cards with the fam so I'm not being rude if I don't reply for a few hours..

Sincerely,
~joe

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
Just popped in to wish you and your families a safe holiday filled with Love,Joy,and Stuffing!

I lived in PA, smack dab in the middle of the state, back in the early 2010s. The food item that I am used to calling "stuffing" was called "filling" by the locals.

They'd've said:

"Just popped in to wish you and your family a safe holiday stuffed with love, joy, and filling!"

Once upon a time, I had several cavities resulting in toothaches. I went to the dentist and said "Doc, I'm in agony. Please, I need fillings!"

He looked at me and said, "Now listen here sonny, I'm a dentist, not a chef. Now get the hell out of my office!"

So we moved.

My posts are a race to the bottom today.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hello my beautiful people!

My Sister was supposed to get Mark a prime rib dinner at a nice restaurant, but the town lost power. I had told her not to worry about me because I had a rotisserie turkey that wasn't all dried out, and all the fixings for a nice turkey dinner. She and her family had to go to a place where they didn't have reservations, but they frequent often and know the owner, so she was good to go.

I hope everyone is having a lovely day. If you want some company for Thanksgiving, just go here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or find a chair at the table here.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

That's a beautiful table but I don't see any milk.

(I only packed honey nut cheerios for dinner.)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Milk is in the fridge. Regular, chocolate or strawberry?

My Sister saved the day and ended up getting Mark's prime rib after all.

Evening my precious Sheddites! (or whatever it is for you.)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Regular, chocolate or strawberry?

You think of everything!

Your sister came through bigtime! Did the lights come back on in town?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Tech issues can drive one bonkers. Just don't throw the turkey at anything.

The turkey we bought last year stayed in the deep freezer (nobody's a turkey fan here...we all kinda grimaced at the bird) We had apple cider & brown sugar glazed ham (thanks to hubby's know-how) mashed potatoes, brioche dinner rolls and there's a dutch apple pie waiting to be dug into
Not a big meal, actually pretty conservative compared to the "normal" smorgasbord American spread, but it's more than enough for us & for leftovers

Oh, and we splurged on some soda (I LOVE this blackberry ginger ale Canada Dry made this year!!) and a bottle of Starbucks' Machiatto creamer -- older kid and I are going to put a little dollop of whipped cream & a sprinkle of nutmeg & cinnamon on our jazzed up coffee later

I gave up on the troubleshooting and ordered a USB plug-in wifi adapter. I can't figure out why the router won't talk to the card and I'm fed up. For now, I'm hardwired to the wifi router via the ethernet cable (they're usually the yellow cables that look like a wider phone line plug) Problem is the cable's only a couple of feet long and I'm stuck sitting off to the side of the fireplace where the router & cable boxes are (only one spot in the house for the wiring to come in from outside and it's right there)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Your sister came through bigtime! Did the lights come back on in town?

It wasn't my town, but I think that one has their power back.

How was your day?

new topics

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join