It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Just have a minute to say Hello to You all.
Adminning a couple pages at another website keeps Me pretty busy,
to say the least...
Night, I dropped a Comm on Your Thread. Cool Topic!
I won't say more about it, as I do not want to spoil the surprise,
for those Whom have not seen it yet!
BTW, I Love Your Avatar!!!
edit on 23-11-2019 by SyxPak because: Added Text

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

OMG it's our Dragon Lord!
Missed you so much!!!!

Hello Mike! So wonderful to see you my friend!

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

WOW! Beautiful! I see the castle way up there. Good to see you in here tonight Lone!

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Good to see me too.
Hope all is well.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Haha!

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Good morning!

Time for some sobriety now. Some workers are coming tomorrow and clean up sewers and photograph them. And i have pizza boxes, potato chip bags and empty beer cans everywhere and that makes me a bit ashamed. Going to clean up this cave after i have had my morning coffee.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I found this movie and you would love it. Usually I hate to read movies because they are not in English, but...this one was worth it.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Good Morning Fin! And goodnight for me. I shall dream beautiful dreams and fly with dragons.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hello!

I am at my friend's apartment He fell asleep. His cat sisters are sleeping too. We have been giving them tiny bribes throughout the day. Full meat. Chicken and game and stuff like that.

I bet that one of these two cats have Bengal cat genes. Aren't they the ones who talk nonstop? There are times when she sits next to me, and i can say literally anything, like "How are you doing, little carrot?" and then she just goes "Meow" I find that really cute.
edit on 24-11-2019 by Finspiracy because: strange typo

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Hi Fin! Siamese cats are famous for being talkative. Just ask my Kya. Lol
I got up very late today, really needed the rest.

Have fun at your friend's house Fin and give the kitties gentle hugs for me.
edit on 24-11-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Why was I in tears yesterday?

The same reason I was in tears the day before for the most part. On that day I don't recall what set me off thinking about my late wife but yesterday's tears were too much for me.

For the past few days my streaming music choice has been a station playing a combination of classical instrumental music along with what could be considered classic instrumental Christmas music. It was a weird choice for me due to hating the Christmas season so much (that's a long story), but it was pleasing to me none the less.

Yesterday I decided to jump out of my safety box and listen to what I considered to be sing along Christmas music to raise my spirits. I was expecting Christmas classics that I've heard again and again in my 57 years.

The song that broke my camel's back was one about a little boy who as at the counter of a department store. He was planning buying his momma the nicest shoes he could find. Unfortunately he didn't have enough money to do so. The little boy was beginning to get tears in his eyes as the man behind him heard what was going on.

The reason it was so important to get his momma a nice pair of shoes is because "she was going to Jesus". She had either just died or was dying.

That's when I stopped listening to the song. It reminded me of my wife laying there with nice jewelry and a pretty pink sweater in her coffin. It reminding me of all the times I've complimented her on her new wigs or hairstyles or just what she was wearing that day.

I've already had to retype part of this as I messed up and deleted it and the tears are making typing hard for me to do.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Being in these physical bodies, living a human life, comes with such an astounding amount of both joy and sorrow. Sometimes we get caught up in deep emotions and there is nothing left to do but hold on...hold on to the good people and things that matter. Our lives are a strange journey toward everything unknown. But... in some of those moments there is still love and hope and a hand to hold.

In our desperate attempts to make a difference, we try to use words, words that convey how much we care. I am trying to use those words now Blue. I am holding you close in my thoughts and wishing you peace. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for you.

Come along now, we are going to a magical place in the forest where beauty and nature abound, where there is no sadness, only peace. In this place the faeries tell secrets and tell you that one day you will be re-united with Janey and everything will be beautiful and as it should be. They tell you it is different here in this forest, that you can breathe easy in that knowledge. They dance around you sending you all the love in faery land and tell you that the Sheddites are here always. You are never ever completely alone.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Thank you for your words.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Ugh, holy smokes, I had an awful sinus headache today, which really sucked because most of the day was beautiful and sunny, but all I wanted to do was put the heating pad on my face and block the light. It wasn't even the kind with a reason for it, like being blocked/stuffed up, they were clear! But for some reason, today was a fine day to swell a bit and be really throbby-painful
The headache's much less now than earlier today, but I'm still not feeling up to snuff yet.

Burt has been coming upstairs during the day to flop next to the oil-filled radiator space heater we use upstairs (yes, I absolutely recommend them, they churn out large amounts of stable heat even on low better than anything else I've bought before!) I did take a picture, but it's on my cell, so I have to log in on that and see if I can't upload it later. It's too cute, Night & Finn will be all Awwwws all night long

When he's not snoozing by the heater, he's splayed out under the bed -- I don't like storing things under beds, it's a dust magnet doing that, so it's mostly clear aside from 2 small boxes (saved seeds & seed packets, and a vase) He has plenty of room under there to relax, and he's very happy to do so.

We took the rug from in front of the sink in the bathroom at put it on the hard floor in front of the stairs, he kept making an epic jump from the living room carpet edge to the bottom stair (the stairs are carpeted) to avoid touching the bare floor (he absolutely hates bare floors and will NOT go on them, he's never ventured into the kitchen, for example) We decided though a valiant effort to go where he wants, that he was going to end up missing eventually and hurting himself scrambling back to the carpet, or careening into the stair in a botched jump, etc, and that the rug was just safer.

Hubby is feeling festive a bit early this year, we put the tree & decoration up already. I can't believe he actually did it, and as soon as he said "Let's put the tree up this week", the kids were off like horses at the races dragging boxes up from the basement, lmao. They even got the tree box itself up all by themselves, and that's not exactly a lightweight box
To his credit, aside from deliberately bonking some low-hanging plastic globe ornaments off the lower branches a few times, Burt seems disinterested in investigating the tree this year (so far, knock on wood)

I've finished the shawl I was making from the leftover skeins for the blanket. I was making it for me, but the younger kid was coveting it so much that she's going to be in for a big surprise on Christmas morning
I separated a skein of Lion Brand in Lake Tahoe Blue that I picked up a few weeks ago in a browse at Goodwill (it was only a BUCK!) I got 4 smaller, probably light-to-medium worsted strands out of it, and made a scarf in this pattern for the older kid. Granted, I think my de-plied strands were still a bit too thick for the pattern, and the color is a bit dark, it still turned out pretty nice and plush.

I'd also picked up other yarns in the same browse, in two shades of browns and one white skein. Judging by the not-so-soft scratchiness that will need washed & fabric softener'ed out of it, it's probably some old Red Heart or Caron cheapie stuff. Which is fine, I can & will still use it, the catch is just how. I de-plied one of the darker browns into 3 fingering weight balls, which was an immense pain in the butt compared to the Lion Brand skein...I was going to make socks, but these are just not right at all for socks, too stiff and scratchy. Not to mention I don't have a small enough hook for that -- I need a C or D hook, the smallest I have is an F hook right now. In layman's terms, it's a half mm minimum too big for the patterns, and it does make a significant difference in the end size (the sock toe I started is way too big)

Crud. So now I have 3 small skeins of not-so-great fingering weight yarn, and nothing to make with it. Ok then. Maybe if I have enough yardage here, I can use the rest of them to make the older kid her own brown shaded shawl, and the younger kid a white scarf? So much for the funky socks, I was hoping to fringe the hell out of them or pom-pom the cuffs with the white yarn....

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Grr, never mind, I can't figure out how to get it from the phone to the site. You'd think it'd be pretty cut & dried, but evidently not

Just have to take a picture with the camera tomorrow, if he's upstairs by the heater again.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hi.

I was not in my best shape yesterday morning and i interpreted the mail i got about the sewer system stuff in a wrongful manner.

I didn't have to clean up that much, but i had to take "Protective measures" And that is when things got strange. I took an elephant dose of water and coffee and i read again the mail. So i had to put plugs in those sewers that had plugs, and the bigger ones in bathroom and sauna, on the floor, had to be topped with a wet newspaper. That felt like a stupid thing to be doing but i guess that it has a valid reason, i just don't know it.

They are doing their work now. Big trucks in the yard. Intense level of noise that is hard to describe. Sort of like brushing and flushing with heavy duty tools. Got my music blasting and i am just waiting for the work hours to be over.

EDIT: Oh and i then attached the mail to my front door that i had taken the protective measures (no need to come here) And i only found some really bad shape tape from, i don't know, last millennium? So it didn't stick and while i was at my friend's place, someone had attached it again with a really good and firm tape. It is just that... little actions of fellow human beings like this, restore my belief in humankind a bit, every time they happen. The person didn't expect anything in return, i don't even know who he or she was.

edit on 25-11-2019 by Finspiracy because: kindness

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
See private message my Viking friend

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Cool! A PM! I don't get them too much.

Reply sent.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I am not sure if 100% every cloud has a silver lining, but if something positive needs to be found from being outside the society (not literally but... it is a state of disconnection) is that when society is on it's knees, i will do just as fine or just as lousy as i would do in any other case.

Postal strike prolonged to 22nd December. Other unions joining, like airport personnel and public transport at the Capital city region. The media bangs drums all the time "See how you will be influenced by this mass strike" well, i am not. They have their airplanes and subways. I have a home and a couple of nice friends nearby.

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join