It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 high school girls sue over transgender competition costing them races and scholarships

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

For the same reason that there are some colleges who now offer scholarships to kids who play video games really well. Why is that deserving of a scholarship?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Here is an article that is pertinent to this thread. www.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Well then why wouldn't the SCOTUS strike down the trans-gen scholarships then? If it is a right affirmed by the SCOTUS, then there should be no problem, right? Sounds like case solved, no? We no longer have a reason to complain.

Patience Grasshopper! The wheels of justice grind slowly!!!

I'm only half kidding. The process has begun, but it's (normally) a slow process. Unless the Supreme Court agrees to fast-track the case, it will have to work its way up through the lower courts first.

Understood that the process could be slow, and if it is decided that only born females should be eligible for these scholarships: then can understand how it would be a shame for the group that lost-out on their window of opportunity.

Would be surprised if any court turned it around though. It just seems to simply be the way things are going, regardless of what folks think.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's about time someone stood up to those social bullies.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here, let's make it worse...

No more natural born female athletes go to college for scholarships due them being taken by... Men...ok transwhatever.

Now theres no women athletes to send to the olympics because transgenders ARE BANNED (not sure if they are now). Bye bye future usa womens soccer champions

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Because someone decided they wanted to reward a girl for being fast. Most of the time it comes down to money, athletics brings in a lot of money to colleges.

Whether scholarships should exist is a separate topic. They do. And these girls are prevented from competing for them because CT state law said men are women.

CT = Connecticut

Sorry: didn't know that it was state law. Thought it was just the 'Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference'.
Still have a hard time understanding the problem, if someone wants to give a $20.00 prize to the nicest purple shirt, why anyone would complain about that.
But as in post above: if this gets turned-around: could see the point.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We're talking about college athletic grants to compete in women's sports.

The girls in question are losing opportunities because college coaches scout the big meets, and the big meets often have qualifying standards. If there are trans athletes monopolizing spots in the big meets where the college coaches are, then these girls are losing opportunities to even be considered for those scholarships because they won't come under the eyes of college coaches.

Not every college accepts trans athletes to compete, in fact, most don't as far as I know. It's a Title IX issue.

Can see that it's a tough subject.
Suppose also affected is the lower tier of high-school athletes, whom would normally have access to coaching and training, but get bumped off of the team if there are only a certain number of spaces.

Still think it appears to be a mostly, not all, but mostly private finance choice.

Going out now for a few hours.
Thanks, and good evening.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Let's try it this way:

There are scholarships and schools for African Americans because of their historically disadvantaged status. Let's say what Rachel Dolezal did becomes a thing and transracial becomes a category. Now imagine that upper middle class white kids start declaring that they identify as black and taking those scholarships and spots in those schools over kids who are from poorer neighborhoods and have always been black.

It's that kind of thing.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I hope they win, and make it hurt..this sh@t is getting old fast

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
It's a slippery slope and many more issues that will come to light.
My daughters friend plays college volleyball w/scholarship. When she was little, she was just a frail little girl.
The last time I saw her she was about 6'2 and completely looked like a man. We are talking male facial features.
I seriously wonder if she is taking testosterone in order to compete. Purely gossip and speculation on my part with my daughters friend, but what if female college athletes are doing that? Wouldn't that give them a certain advantage also. Where do we draw the line?

That could be because of other things like Poly Cystic Ovaries. In that case, woman produce more testosterone than average for the female gender, which sometimes leads to what you may see on woman as a little chin stubble or potentially masculine facial features (not bone structure, but facial features).
edit on 25-6-2019 by JoeGee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

err i'm sure it will go down well in california just saying

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

If you allow in competitors who are naturally juiced on testosterone, then it would seem you are amping the likelihood that natural girls will feel compelled to illegally juice themselves in an attempt to compete.

At that level of competition, the natural drive to win is enormous, enough to override common sense.

There was a study done where they asked high performing athletes if they could get a drug that would massively increase their performance even though it shortened their life by a hefty margin would they take it? Most of them said they would. That's how strong the drive to compete is, and when you factor in the toll of juicing, that's sort of what you look at -- winning to the detriment of your own future happiness and health. But, you win in the short-term, and that's all many care about.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I can not wait for a good one sided Boxing mach!
to see a woman have the shiii kick't out of her.

I bet they try to hold that one off as long as they can.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

You want to see a woman get beat?

Anyway, has already been done in the UFC, this freak fractured it's opponents skull.
www.bjjee.com...
bleacherreport.com...

I normally try to refrain from using the word "freak" in regards to a transgender, but this sh$t disgusts me. Live your life how you want, but you should never be allowed to compete against born women.
edit on 25-6-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I would like to see transgenders compete in women''s boxing, MMA, basketball and tennis.

Then you will clearly see how unfair the competion really is.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
The problem is that the idiots in charge of colleges and universities give athletic scholarships so that the alumni will donate more money and wear their college sweatshirts proudly. All they have to do is select actual females and ignore the trans folks because NCAA says "female" [with all the plumbing] to play female sports. Maybe another sacrifice for converting will be competitive sports at the amateur level. It should be.

When the courts get the lawsuits, I think that the ladies will win. This will greatly upset those who think that they are what they want to be and all the brainless twits who support them.

Personally, I identify as a gender reassignment surgeon despite having never attended any sort of medical school. Hop up on my radial arm saw table and I'll fix you up, right away.
Honestly, i’d recomend an angle grinder for precision work like that.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

For the same reason that there are some colleges who now offer scholarships to kids who play video games really well. Why is that deserving of a scholarship?

Yes! That is a very good question to ask!
Why, is any particular concept, or distinction, deserving of a scholarship?
A: What is deserving, and why?

a reply to: Nothin Let's try it this way: There are scholarships and schools for African Americans because of their historically disadvantaged status. Let's say what Rachel Dolezal did becomes a thing and transracial becomes a category. Now imagine that upper middle class white kids start declaring that they identify as black and taking those scholarships and spots in those schools over kids who are from poorer neighborhoods and have always been black. It's that kind of thing.

B: Can we question those giving-out scholarships, on why they give them?
If 'someone' decides to give-out a scholarship for the pointiest nose, or the largest birth-mark, or the longest index-finger: why can they not do that? Is discrimination involved?
If then folks get their noses surgically-enhanced, to be mega pointy: will the parents of the naturally pointy-nosed kids file a lawsuit?
Why should they not give-out scholarships to surgically-enhanced and naturally pointy-nosed kids, and not just the general applicants?
Who are we, to tell them how to manage their affairs?

Thank you for being nice during our exchange.
Wish you peace and blessings.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Title IX... let me count the ways.

I was a member of a university sports team that had it's male component cut "for financial reasons". But what was really going on was the college just hired a new expensive coach for another sport. What cutting the male component of my sport did was double the budget costs of the female component, since the same coach and facilities functioned equally for both (at the same time mind you!). The effect of this turned out to be that with the addition of a further expensive women's sport that the university that the university did not have facilities for and thus had to rent time for it at a public venue. Just fancy accounting done to keep in compliance with all 3 of the 3 sections of Title XI, when to be complaint you only need to meet 1 of the sections.

Universities are scared as hell of litigation based on Title XI and will bend over backwards to meet all three sections regardless of only needing to comply to one. This lawsuit and its outcome will be much farther reaching than you think it will, and could actually spell the beginning of the end for amateur athletics in a college or university setting.

What is worth noting is, inspite of all of the preconceptions about athletics being a waste of time, student athletes outperform non-student athletes in academics. The sterotype of the dumb jock at the collegiate level is wrong. The studies you see talked about in the NYT and CNN refer only to D1 athletes and athletes that get into highly academic schools to boost their athletic appearance, who get accepted with lower academic standards. However the opposite is true of D2 and D3 schools
edit on 26-6-2019 by dubiousatworst because: extra

source for D3
www.tandfonline.com...

edit on 26-6-2019 by dubiousatworst because: citation

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
LOL

Sport has never been fair. There are males and females with naturally elevated testosterone levels. Your average girl/boy would have no chance against them.

Caster Semenya, a two-time Olympic champion at 800 meters, was recently ruled to reduce her testosterone levels if she wanted to participate in female competitions. Is that fair?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Performance decreasing drugs are allowed required?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join