It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 high school girls sue over transgender competition costing them races and scholarships

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I agree.

It's plain old-fashioned cheating, except in this case they think we, the world, are a bunch of idiots.

I am not an idiot.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Continuing on, dude, let's chuck in a plot twist. In the near future, 19 of these 24 runners are "transgender females". As a result of the "transgender females" running way, way faster, the 5 natural born females FAIL to qualify.

Amplify that to the Olympics. In the near future, natural born females fail to qualify in several competitive sports like track events etc. They have been turfed out by "transgender females" i.e. men. Men have come along, in their truckloads and invade women's athletics and it will now be a rare sight to see a natural female actually managing to QUALIFY let alone have a shot at a medal or whatever.

Obviously, this is an extreme continuance of your example, but it is not that far-fetched.

Is this seriously a future we will see? Is this what they want?
edit on 25-6-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I agree.

It's plain old-fashioned cheating, except in this case they think we, the world, are a bunch of idiots.

I am not an idiot.

So-called "studies" and interpretations of those "studies" can make everyday people think they are factual and based in firm science.

In reality, those studies were probably funded by a group or several groups that have a particular agenda or a skewed social POV.

You don't need a Weatherman to tell you which way the wind is blowing.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I predict the next sport to go down will be women's beach volleyball. An all transgender squad... although I don't think too many people are going to be wanting to see them in those skimpy outfits.

It's a slippery slope and many more issues that will come to light.
My daughters friend plays college volleyball w/scholarship. When she was little, she was just a frail little girl.
The last time I saw her she was about 6'2 and completely looked like a man. We are talking male facial features.
I seriously wonder if she is taking testosterone in order to compete. Purely gossip and speculation on my part with my daughters friend, but what if female college athletes are doing that? Wouldn't that give them a certain advantage also. Where do we draw the line?

If you still got your pork & beans, you shouldn't be competing as a woman imho.... even then it is still touchy. There are definitely women athletes who are very manly.

The reality is that physically, women simply cannot compete against men. The slowest / weakest man is still usually stronger than the fastest/ strongest woman. This is a biological fact.

This is why men shouldn't be competing in women's sports

www.dailymail.co.uk... › ...
Web results
Matildas lose 7-0 to Newcastle Jets under-15s side in Rio Olympics warm ...

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Bruce Jenner goes for a wheaties box as the best Male athlete to the cover of a magazine for woman of the year.....and people think that is normal....Its not .

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Jenner was competing before all of the hassle about performance enhancing drugs and hormone therapy. I kind of have to wonder if he was using something then that affected him later in life. I've heard rumors about some of the Soviet Union's women gymnasts of that era having certain problems later in life.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnS23

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I predict the next sport to go down will be women's beach volleyball. An all transgender squad... although I don't think too many people are going to be wanting to see them in those skimpy outfits.

It's a slippery slope and many more issues that will come to light.
My daughters friend plays college volleyball w/scholarship. When she was little, she was just a frail little girl.
The last time I saw her she was about 6'2 and completely looked like a man. We are talking male facial features.
I seriously wonder if she is taking testosterone in order to compete. Purely gossip and speculation on my part with my daughters friend, but what if female college athletes are doing that? Wouldn't that give them a certain advantage also. Where do we draw the line?

If you still got your pork & beans, you shouldn't be competing as a woman imho.... even then it is still touchy. There are definitely women athletes who are very manly.

The reality is that physically, women simply cannot compete against men. The slowest / weakest man is still usually stronger than the fastest/ strongest woman. This is a biological fact.

This is why men shouldn't be competing in women's sports

www.dailymail.co.uk... › ...
Web results
Matildas lose 7-0 to Newcastle Jets under-15s side in Rio Olympics warm ...

Nice work posting that story. I *think* that was the example I was referring to earlier but I had forgotten which exact team they were.

What happened to girl power? Australia's national women's soccer team the Matildas lose 7-0 to an under FIFTEENS boys' side
edit on 25-6-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: Correct link

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There is also one "touchy" subject that people tend to ignore when it comes to this topic as well and that is race. From what I have seen the vast majority of trans athletes are blacks and there have been countless studies about the physiological differences between the races which is why we don't see Asian's dominating the 100m dash, while blacks do very well. Also blacks tend to have MUCH higher testosterone levels at a younger age, making them develop much sooner, another reason why we have 7ft 390lb HS sophmores's playing football (blacks).

So if these people have not only a naturally higher level of testosterone than other races, but they begin to produce it at an earlier time in their life, then that will create a MASSIVE difference in body structure for that person compared to even black girls/women and especially white girls/women.

This trans competition against natural girls is one of the most egregious and unfair things to happen in the sporting arena since pitting unarmed slaves against a pride of hungry lions in the coluseium. The people who voted for this should be banned from politics.

If there were no differences between the sexes, then why don't we see natural women who trans into men, winning strong man competitions, or the Arnold Classic, or the World's strongest "man" (all competing against the best men?)? Maybe it's because there are major differences.

The only way I could see this ever being fair is if the gender re-assignment happened in the first year or two of the child's life, which IMO would amount to childabuse unless there is specific medical reasons for such (chromosomal issues & genetalia malformity at birth - then I would say do what's in the best interest of the child as an INFANT).

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
There is also one "touchy" subject that people tend to ignore when it comes to this topic as well and that is race. From what I have seen the vast majority of trans athletes are blacks and there have been countless studies about the physiological differences between the races which is why we don't see Asian's dominating the 100m dash, while blacks do very well. Also blacks tend to have MUCH higher testosterone levels at a younger age, making them develop much sooner, another reason why we have 7ft 390lb HS sophmores's playing football (blacks).

So if these people have not only a naturally higher level of testosterone than other races, but they begin to produce it at an earlier time in their life, then that will create a MASSIVE difference in body structure for that person compared to even black girls/women and especially white girls/women.

This trans competition against natural girls is one of the most egregious and unfair things to happen in the sporting arena since pitting unarmed slaves against a pride of hungry lions in the coluseium. The people who voted for this should be banned from politics.

If there were no differences between the sexes, then why don't we see natural women who trans into men, winning strong man competitions, or the Arnold Classic, or the World's strongest "man" (all competing against the best men?)? Maybe it's because there are major differences.

The only way I could see this ever being fair is if the gender re-assignment happened in the first year or two of the child's life, which IMO would amount to childabuse unless there is specific medical reasons for such (chromosomal issues & genetalia malformity at birth - then I would say do what's in the best interest of the child as an INFANT).

What is your source of the claim that trans athletes are black?

Sure, the trans-gendered folks you see in track and field are black but that is probably more so due to track & field (sprinting) popularity among blacks.

The other trans athletes I have seen are white.... cycling, MMA, weightlifting, wrestling... sports not nearly as popular among blacks.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Im surprised they haven't had trans only races, or changed the nature of sports to include all genders. Why bother segregating men and women at all? I think that's the correct solution. What follows after would be interesting to see.

a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Im surprised they haven't had trans only races, or changed the nature of sports to include all genders. Why bother segregating men and women at all? I think that's the correct solution. What follows after would be interesting to see.

I have always, time and again, made a similar comment in jest; something along the lines of:

Why stop there [with "progressiveness"]? Why don't we just desegregate competitive sports altogether and all sporting competitions should be gender neutral.

Watch no women ever qualify ever again haha.
edit on 25-6-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808

Men are stronger and larger than women. It isn't fair to women which is why sports are separated. I don't care how athletic a woman may be, they aren't as strong as men.

There is a reason you don't see female to male transgenders dominating male oriented sports, but you see male to females crushing female athletes...

If they want to make a transgendered class, then I don't really have a problem with it.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

What is your source of the claim that trans athletes are black?

Sure, the trans-gendered folks you see in track and field are black but that is probably more so due to track & field (sprinting) popularity among blacks.

The other trans athletes I have seen are white.... cycling, MMA, weightlifting, wrestling... sports not nearly as popular among blacks.

Well you are right to a large degree. I was talking specifically about track and field - the topic of the issue highlighted in this thread. I shouldn't have made such a sweeping statement but my mindset was thinking about those related to this topic/thread. As for there not being studies, I have no idea if there are or not, but I'd take a guess that it would be called racist if one were done that showed these results (even if 100% accurate).

As for where I got my "stats" it was from following this story for months and similar ones along with many others in colleges, were they were focusing on track and field.

I think we might see this issue being more prevalent in track & field because it is a 1-on-1 sport (well kind of, it's individualized competition in many/most cases), so a trans athlete would have a greater advantage in a sport like this, so I think we will see a higher prevalence of this in this specific sport.
edit on 6 25 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

It has less to do with skin color and more to do with body morphology. There are certain body types that are better suited for some sports. Long legs/arms, high center of gravity, short torso ... all contribute to making a good sprinter along with a high percentage of fast twitch muscle fibers. Way long arms, longer torso - those are traits that make a better swimmer. Yeah, you can find those traits more prevalently in some populations, but I'm a white girl with the long arms, long legs, high center of gravity, short torso ... guess what? I was a collegiate level track and field athlete. If I'd ended up with a few more fast twitch muscle fibers in my overall makeup, I might have cracked the ranks of the truly elite.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Definitely not the fasted man pretending to be a girl.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is the real war on women.

Kill their babies.
Steal their scholarships.
Blame it all on conservatives.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I would think a feminist advocate that also champions transgender rights has a classic conflict of interests on this one.

Common sense tells most people whose side should win this one based on basic human rights.

edit on 25-6-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If you're against this lawsuit, you're against real women.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap

Indeed.

I would add that this is the real toxic masculinity that needs to stop. Not just sports, but the many many demands of men identifying as "women" to usurp and co-opt women's rights, privacy, dignity and safety.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: GenerationGap

Indeed.

I would add that this is the real toxic masculinity that needs to stop. Not just sports, but the many many demands of men identifying as "women" to usurp and co-opt women's rights, privacy, dignity and safety.

Does anyone have a 'right' to scholarships?

(Am all for equanimity, amongst all).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join