It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 high school girls sue over transgender competition costing them races and scholarships

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Bottom line, in most of these cases, these are men taking opportunities and achievements away from women. If you support this, you are "the patriarchy" and don't dare pretend you care about women's rights.

The simplest solution is to make them compete in their own division. You would have men's sports, women's sports, transmen's sports and transwomen's sports.

Not enough of them to create a new league? Tough. Women dealt with the same problem when they were first trying to get into sports. They had to activate and encourage more women to join to get enough people for a viable league. Transpeople waste their activist energy on trying to go into the bathroom that doesn't match their biology. Use it for something sensible, like starting your own league. But that's hard. Women did it, but these people want the easy route.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Good. I figured a lawsuit would come. Sometimes, our society needs to test the limits in order to be corrected.

I remember a couple key ones in the past 10 years.

Iowa decided to outlaw gay marriage, soon after, they became one of the first states with fully-legalized gay marriage.

Illinois started going over the top with anti-gun laws, and before long, the courts corrected things and now we finally have concealed carry in Illinois.

Push too far and people actually stand up for themselves. So when I see things being pushed too far the wrong direction, it gives me a warm fuzzy, because I know it will backfire on the wrong-doers and be rectified. This should spell the end of males competing in high school and college women's sports before long.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

For the left, this is going to be like throwing 10 different types of sharks in the pool with a bag of chum and seeing which ones live lol. Talk about the left eating their own lol.

Cheers - Dave

Except the vast majority of what people think of as "the left" would support the girls, not the transgenders involved.

Its important that we remember the crazies on the left and right are an extremely vocal, extreme minority who have nothing to do with what most of the nation thinks. They're just two sides of the same coin trying to radicalize and divide a nation which, in reality, is far more in agreement than we're led to believe.

Its unfortunate people don't just talk to each other, instead of being spoon-fed narratives.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foundryman
a reply to: Bluntone22
Can't do that. Here's how it will play out:

So you're going to ignore the brave trangendered athlete's times in determining college scholarships and admissions???? That's gonna cost ya in court!

Brave transgendered athletes? In my opinion,these "brave transgendered" compete against real females
because they would lose against other males in a competition.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Theosist

Yes it does have a permanent effect on muscle and skeletal development, which is exactly what I said. Strength and endurance gains occur due to stress applied, and cells don't proliferate unless there is a reason for them to due to stress. Just injecting testosterone gives a very minor gain if stress is not applied. If a person injects testosterone and does nothing different the body does not have a reason to cultivate more mass, or density. The body is all about being as efficient as it can be and an injection of testosterone decreases natural testosterone production as there is no reason for the body to produce it if there is an outside source providing it. This is why modern methods of boosting testosterone in the athletic world are about boosting support systems and increasing natural free testosterone production rather than just injecting it itself.

What you are saying is in agreement with what I said, as being able to recover more quickly and train more often is due to the increased muscle and skeletal development. The days of short cycles of testosterone injections and pills are long gone in the darker corners of the athletic world, and today it is about creating a support structure around natural testosterone production. Hence the lists of banned substances includes not only hormones themselves but also methods of boosting hormones through secondary actions.
www.ncaa.org...
for reference.
it also has the disclaimer

Any substance that is chemically related to one of the above classes, even if it is not listed as an example, is also banned!

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The transgender in women's mixed martial arts fighting baffles me. Not to long ago a woman got her skull crushed in a fight.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
The transgender in women's mixed martial arts fighting baffles me. Not to long ago a woman got her skull crushed in a fight.

Not to sound mean, but maybe we need more of those outrageous occurrences happening in order to spur natural women into action and save themselves before it is TOO LATE.
edit on 26-6-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

When you try to be an all inclusive group, only excluding normal people, this is going to happen every single time.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Bottom line, in most of these cases, these are men taking opportunities and achievements away from women. If you support this, you are "the patriarchy" and don't dare pretend you care about women's rights.

The simplest solution is to make them compete in their own division. You would have men's sports, women's sports, transmen's sports and transwomen's sports.

Not enough of them to create a new league? Tough. Women dealt with the same problem when they were first trying to get into sports. They had to activate and encourage more women to join to get enough people for a viable league. Transpeople waste their activist energy on trying to go into the bathroom that doesn't match their biology. Use it for something sensible, like starting your own league. But that's hard. Women did it, but these people want the easy route.

I disagree. They don't need their own sport. Sports were created for men and women, not tranny men or women. If they were born a man and want to compete in a woman's sport since they can't hack it in their own league then that's too bad. That's like a subpar college baseball player claiming to be a kid and joining the Little League team so he could dominate.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: face23785

I disagree. They don't need their own sport. Sports were created for men and women, not tranny men or women. If they were born a man and want to compete in a woman's sport since they can't hack it in their own league then that's too bad. That's like a subpar college baseball player claiming to be a kid and joining the Little League team so he could dominate.

"Tranny men".

The whole point is that it's cheating. Men gaining an advantage competing against women.

A "trans male" would be at a major, major disadvantage.

It's overwhelmingly "trans females" cheating. Men basically cheating to win...against women.

It's not enough that the best males win against other males; now males want to trash women's sports.

In 20 years' time, natural born females will probably not qualify for *any* major competitive sporting events anymore.

Maybe natural born females will cook and clean whilst "trans females" do all the hard work alongside men, huh?

I find this kind of taunting works well to spur natural born females into action. Like when natural women fought to vote in their nations...

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Not to sound mean, but maybe we need more of those outrageous occurrences happening in order to spur natural women into action and save themselves before it is TOO LATE.

This is so disheartening to read... women have been taking action whenever and wherever and however they can! That's not the problem!!!

The problem is that Trans Activism has silenced them and banned them and persecuted whenever and wherever and however THEY can.

I really REALLY hope we don't need more women beaten and broken before everyone takes a stand for the women being denied their right to take a stand.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

For the left, this is going to be like throwing 10 different types of sharks in the pool with a bag of chum and seeing which ones live lol. Talk about the left eating their own lol.

Cheers - Dave

Except the vast majority of what people think of as "the left" would support the girls, not the transgenders involved.

Its important that we remember the crazies on the left and right are an extremely vocal, extreme minority who have nothing to do with what most of the nation thinks. They're just two sides of the same coin trying to radicalize and divide a nation which, in reality, is far more in agreement than we're led to believe.

Its unfortunate people don't just talk to each other, instead of being spoon-fed narratives.

Spoon fed, mmmkay. I had some silly bitch argue with me face-to-face the other day about one of the looney left's favorite BS scams, climate change and carbon taxes. Liberalism is organized insanity. I asked it what the plan was and it said they know what they are doing. So I asked again how my 1200-2400 a year in extra taxes were going to help, she said they have a plan again. So I asked if the plan was to send the money overseas to terrorists and despots and she said, we have to share. Screw that, these leftists are nuts. They can't think, they can't recognize scams and BS. They are simply mentally deficient, support whatever the msm and retarded liberal gov tells them and have zero critical thinking skills. It's like the walking dead, just the flesh isn't falling off. Please, kill each other off, eat your own.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

I have to ask this -- and I ask it sincerely: Are you genuinely unaware of the many efforts by women -- especially women on the left -- to fight the Trans Activists and their agenda? The ones Trans Activists bully and threaten as "TERFs"? Or the transsexuals vilified as "TruScum" by the Trans Activists? Are you genuinely unaware of the serious abuse they've taken in the process?

Or are you aware but don't think it's enough effort?

Likewise, are you aware of the steps by governments to silence any dissent from the Trans narrative as "transphobic"? Bans on deadnaming and misgendering and using female pronouns for violent men who identify as "women"? Do you understand how women are being silenced?

What do you think women need to do that they are not doing? And do you think men have any role to play? (Especially since it's essentially men doing this -- albeit mostly men who identify as "women.")

I ask these questions sincerely. I truly want to hear your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I'm just saying those loonies are extremely far and few between. I live in a land of many Democrats, and talk politics with a lot of people. I've yet to come across a single person supporting people using public bathrooms of the sex they weren't born with, or born male individuals competing in female sports.

Its a movement of a tiny percentage of individuals who want to step on the throats of the majority with special rights just for them, and its being supported by certain politicians and members of the media, but it is not, by any means, a large movement, or supported by even a moderate percentage of the populace.

What I'm saying is, let's not give it undue credit. Let's call it what it is - something practically no Americans want happening.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

And how are we all going to get together and stop the insanity. I'm open to suggestions. I have no problem with LGBTQ, I just have a problem with this constant "advertising" pressure. If it's not the LGBTQ crowd and it is the politicians that are applying the pressure, how we going to get rid of them. I am a firm believer in equal rights, not skewed rights or removed rights, it just seems right now we are seeing selective rights and pressure to totally change the social structure.

If this were a military op, I would have multiple solutions, but it is not.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I can't believe this surprised anyone. It had to happen. The moment this idiocy began, it had to happen. You can't put a dress on a man, REGARDLESS OF HOW HE FEELS OR WHAT HE BELIEVES, and let him compete against women. This nonsense has gone way too far and it is not going to get better any time soon. Not as long as there are liberals out there who keep supporting this bs to get votes. Its time to face the facts - if it weren't for the voter base this whole "I am what I think I am
because I said so" movement would be nothing more than the joke it truly is.

I am not denying the fact that there are people out there with identity issues. I am denying the idea that simply believing you are a man trapped in a woman's body, or vice versa, makes you that gender in reality. I believe you "think" you are a man trapped in a woman's body. That simply means you have some psychological issues, not that you are correct.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
They will lose.
Simply put in the eyes of the court no crime committed = no lawsuit which also = a waste of time and money.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Nothin

Still have a hard time understanding the problem, if someone wants to give a $20.00 prize to the nicest purple shirt, why anyone would complain about that.

I think the answer you're looking for is that the lawsuit is not really about scholarships. It's about the conditions put on schools who receive federal funding. When Title IX was passed in 1972, it was to provide equal programs/activities to women. Because sports are performance based, and women so not have the same physical capabilities as men, before Title IX passed, women could not effectively compete with men in sports, so schools were putting money into men's sports but not women's sports. Title IX requires schools that receive federal funding to put as much money into women's sports as they put in men's sports. But the Feds didn't enforce Title IX for many years, which prompted many lawsuits by women, which they most often won.

So this lawsuit is basically suing the schools for violating Title IX which demand equal opportunities for women by schools receiving federal funding.

The plaintiffs will have to show that the original intent of the law was based upon anataomical and biological sex, not "gender Identity," and that it still applies to sex not "gender identity." They will have to provide legal precedents and case law, showing instances where the court has already ruled in similar cases. And they will have to show that the law is not being enforced/applied equally, including (in my opinion) allowing persons of a male sex to participate in single-sex sports.

So the court is actually being asked to rule on whether or not Title IX sex-based rights can be applied to boys/men who identify as women, and allow them to compete in women's sports programs.

The opportunities for scholarships, grants, or whatever, would only be pertinent to the case as a potential material loss for the girls/women who lose to boys/men who identify as women.
------------------------------------------

To your greater point, schools can (in theory) do whatever they want... as long as they don't take federal money. If they told the feds that they don't want federal money any more, then there would be nothing for these girls to sue over, because the school would no longer be under Title IX mandates.

Thanks for taking the time, and making the effort involved in your post.
You are very good at being on-point, and bringing pertinent info to discussions.
Find it easier to understand your post, than the majority of rambling posts.

It seems that the way you have described things now, is not really what folks have been posting about.
My points: were to question those whom were assuming that the access to scholarships is a right.
Have not been convinced of that as of yet, but am honestly almost impossible to convince of anything.

You mention, and many others have mentioned a lawsuit. The thread title includes ..."...sue..."...
But: didn't get that from the article linked in the OP.
Perhaps you have learned this elsewhere.

From my view of the OP: there is a law-firm involved, and: "The complaint filed Monday with the U.S. Education Department's Office for Civil Rights was submitted by the conservative Christian law firm Alliance Defending Freedom on behalf of the girls", but don't see any mention of a court or judicial system.

Is the complaint, also a lawsuit at the same time?

Am not familiar with the American court system, and don't usually spend too much time thinking about it.
So a simple yes or no would be satisfactory for me, as you don't need to prove anything to me.

Thanks.
Peace be with you.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Things change. Always have. Always will.
Such a defeatist attitude you have. A continual degradation of society is an inevitability with that kind of mindset... yeah let's not bother fighting to achieve/maintain higher standards or common sense in our everyday lives, because... "Things change. Always have. Always will".

Why is a kid that runs fast, or is better at shooting a ball, more deserving of a scholarship than any other kid?
With questions like that, I get the impression that you aren't into competitive sports? Despite what you may think/wish with regards to competitive sports, it has always and will likely forever play an important role in humanity -- and given what's at stake for those talented/privileged enough to part-take (often the only realistic path to achieving one's childhood dreams and/or escaping poverty), we should strive always to keep it within a fair playing field for both men and women alike.
edit on 27/6/19 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

It is about time about doing what is not-politically correct and get back to fighting for what should be a NORMAL competition alongside biologically same genders. I don't care if one person is a tranny, but they should be separated into a different class called "hybrid male-female" and compete against one another rather than those who still have the genetic makeup of a man (and plumbing was the only thing changed)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join