It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ExxonMobil hit by rocket attack in Basra, Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Still not enough to start a hot war. Not to mention its obvious that's what these incidences are designed to do. These aren't attacks that is going bring much damage they are there to provoke. Got to wait till its something overt and over the top, then at least you might have other countries understanding and participation.

Don't need a hot war, just bomb their nuke production sites. No boots on the ground. It is gonna happen sooner or later, Israel will not wait much longer. US doesn't really even have to do the bombing.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Why launch one missile?

Why not launch 100 missiles?

If you want to start a war, then start one!

I don't get it!

Why bomb one tanker, or two...why not bomb/torpedo them all?

Why?

I think they want to send a message. They think they can scare the US into dropping the sanctions. Hard to tell what they are thinking really, but that would be my guess.

Abbas Maher, mayor of the nearby town of Zubair, told Reuters he believed Iran-backed groups had specifically targeted Exxon to "send a message" to the US.

Seriously?
Only a fool would believe that

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So that was my point, right?

Doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

We have plenty of oil here in the US.

Says you.

I am more worried about them having nukes. The rulers say they want to kill us and If they have nukes they can start the end times that they so badly want to happen. Just not a good thing.

Don't. Don't believe. Don't believe the hype.

What hype, they admit to enriching uranium to just below weapons grade. They can make a nuke pretty fast. The world has seen their capability, they showed it to us. If they have been bluffing, it was a bad move.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

We have plenty of oil here in the US. I am more worried about them having nukes. The rulers say they want to kill us and If they have nukes they can start the end times that they so badly want to happen. Just not a good thing.

They are surrounded by other countries with nukes supplied by the US. It's not like we haven seen plenty of false flages before to invade other countries for their resources. Remember the Iraq WMDs?

You wouldn't work for Halliburton by any chance would you?
edit on 19-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Not a lick of sense.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
So that was my point, right?

Doesn't make sense.

I guess you need to ask who really fired that missile at themselves...

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

They can make a nuke pretty fast.

That hype.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'm a fan of disproportionate response (because it absolutely works) and, being honest, we already have a nice list of countries that would participate if we asked them to... understanding is perhaps the only thing lower on our list of needs than participation, but still... we have allies.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Meanwhile Saudi Arabia, the biggest sponsor and exporter of Islamic extremism and terrorism in the world continue going about their business unchecked and supported by the very governments and countries those extremists and terrorists seek to overthrow.

You really couldn't make it up.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

We have plenty of oil here in the US.

I personally like to burn other people's oil that we've taken by force. It makes me feel strong, and it makes me proud.

In the process of war, we get to show people how superior we are to them, it also gives us the opportunity to try new cool "enhanced interrogation" techniques that we can bring back home and use on criminals.

WIN, WIN, WIN.

Oh, bonus we can use the surplus on our successful war on drugs....(and thin out genZ, f### genZ)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Not a lick of sense.

Beg your pardon...please explain!!

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I don't want war, I just don't want them to have nukes because they would use them.

Iran is a fervently Shiite Islamic Republic with a 98 percent Muslim population and 89 percent of those Muslims identifying as Shiite according to the CIA World Factbook. Twelver Shiism is the largest branch of Shiite Islam, with about 85 percent of Shiite adhering to the belief in the 12th Imam. Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the father of the Islamic Revolution in Iran, was a Twelver. So is the current Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Ahmadinejad and the Supreme Leader would even go so far as to hasten a nuclear showdown and cataclysmic strike—perhaps an attack on Israel and inevitable retaliation—to hasten the arrival of the 12th Imam. Ahmadinejad has even called for the reappearance of the 12th Imam from the podium of the United Nations General Assembly. During his speeches within Iran, Ahmadinejad has said that the main mission of the Islamic Revolution is to pave the way for the reappearance of the 12th Imam.

The 12th Imam: The Mahdi and Iran Today

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They can make a nuke pretty fast.

That hype.

So you think Pakistan can make a nuke but Iran can't? Is Pakistan having nukes hype too?

edit on 19-6-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I personally like to burn other people's oil that we've taken by force. It makes me feel strong, and it makes me proud.

You just grew a third testicle...

...and it's shaped like a bald eagle.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

So you think Pakistan can make a nuke but Iran can't? Is Pakistan having nukes hype too?

Anyone can find out how to make one, it's whether they are actually making one that is the huge difference.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm agreeing with you..it makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Please, please start a thread about The Mahdi, his role/place in the numerous Shia denominations and the internal workings and conflict in Iranian politics/society and I'd love to contribute. Discussing it here would only derail the thread and I don't want to do that because its highly entertaining.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

We have plenty of oil here in the US. I am more worried about them having nukes. The rulers say they want to kill us and If they have nukes they can start the end times that they so badly want to happen. Just not a good thing.

They are surrounded by other countries with nukes supplied by the US. It's not like we haven seen plenty of false flages before to invade other countries for their resources. Remember the Iraq WMDs?

Your claim that "They are surrounded by other countries with nukes supplied by the US" is pretty much an apt clap back to the Iraq WMD fiasco, as both claims seemed to have origins from within someone's ass as they pulled the claim out and presented it to the world. Israel *may* have nuclear capability, there's not a direct yes or no confirmation of that speculation, but they don't border Iran anyway so... Pakistan has confirmed nuclear weaponry, but they sure as hell didn't get it from the US, having stolen uranium enrichment blueprints from the Netherlands in the 70s and then receiving the tech and brains needed to construct actual warheads and missiles from China later on, and they're friendly with Iran. So no, no this is not a case of Iran should be forgiven for seeking nukes because their neighbors all have them as gifts from the USA. That, my friend, was a downright dumb statement that in no way displays any understanding of the region or the situation the region sees itself involved in.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Please, please start a thread about The Mahdi, his role/place in the numerous Shia denominations and the internal workings and conflict in Iranian politics/society and I'd love to contribute. Discussing it here would only derail the thread and I don't want to do that because its highly entertaining.

Would be better if you made the thread. Sounds like you know much more about it and I really would like to know more about The Mahdi.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join