It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ExxonMobil hit by rocket attack in Basra, Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
They can make a nuke pretty fast.

That hype.

The alphabet agencies sorely underestimated them, and that "hype" you speak of was part of the agencies' narratives... I tend to trust the fact that US Intel knows just a smidgen more than the average online poster does, so when that intel states that they underestimated someone or something despite a poster that the online folks were calling "hype," I can't help but chuckle and roll my eyes.
foreignpolicy.com...

A secret Iranian archive seized by Israeli agents earlier this year indicates that Tehran’s nuclear program was more advanced than Western intelligence agencies and the International Atomic Energy Agency had thought, according to a prominent nuclear expert who examined the documents.

Note that this article does take a stance I have seen many politicians and strategists openly disagree with. The Obama/Iran deal had enough loopholes and gaps in it to absolutely allow Iran to quietly develop these weapons without us ever knowing about it, as the monitoring and inspections were not there to prevent it from happening. So, to say "Iran was months away" if the deal fell through is disingenuous. WITH THE DEAL IN PLACE, Iran was months away from possessing nuclear weapons capable of impacting American allies and interests in that region.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I personally like to burn other people's oil that we've taken by force. It makes me feel strong, and it makes me proud.

You just grew a third testicle...

...and it's shaped like a bald eagle.

I shave it to accentuate the freedom and look.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Getting late over here and I'm notoriously crap at starting threads.

I'll see what I can do over the next few days and PM you if I do start a thread.

Not everything is quite as black and white as many think in Iranian politics and society and there are several factions vying for power and influence.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Sounds good

Thanks

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
They do chant death to America so we kill them.

I am pretty sure their extreme dislike with the US has a lot to with us arming Israel and invading all the countries around them and then cutting them off from doing business with the rest of the world.

Don't we pay Israel billions in arms so they can deal with this #? Why do we do that now anyway since we spend trillions on the military on that region? Even if they make a nuke from what I have read they hate Israel a lot more than us so they would certainly go for the nearest target and if they do Israel will hit back. Problem solved and still no need for us to get involved.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

lol

Did it say Iraq before you fixed it

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

lol

Did it say Iraq before you fixed it

Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Susan.

That meme is almost as re-used as our justifications for conflict against countries that haven't attacked us.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Exxon Mobile?

you gone messed up now..

You can punch anyone in the face... anyone... the president, the pope, the ayatollah... but so much as look at an oil company the wrong way and you're going to be taught a lesson.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
from what I have read they hate Israel a lot more than us

Then why are we the great satan and Israel is only the little satan?

Could be being lost in the translation

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The alphabet agencies sorely underestimated them, and that "hype" you speak of was part of the agencies' narratives... I tend to trust the fact that US Intel knows just a smidgen more than the average online poster does, so when that intel states that they underestimated someone or something despite a poster that the online folks were calling "hype," I can't help but chuckle and roll my eyes.

You discount the idea Israel has nukes based off of international and domestic Intel (and Israelis admitting it), but willing to take hook line and sinker from the same people who brought you "Iraq: the sequel", that Iran is right around the corner from one.

Maybe they are. Not my problem. And if it is our problem, it's are own doing for starting their nuclear program in the first place during the 60`s.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

We finally got around to dealing with Susan? Bout time. Axis of evil?
edit on 6/19/2019 by roadgravel because: change mark

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

An Iraqi intelligence officer says

The officer told The Associated Press

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not allowed to brief the press.

That guy is awfully chatty for someone who isn't supposed to say anything. I guess that's just the way Iraqi intelligence officers are. It's not like they would face repercussions or anything. Not in Iraq.

Abbas Maher, mayor of the nearby town of Zubair, told Reuters he believed Iran-backed groups had specifically targeted Exxon to "send a message" to the US.

Right.

It's not like anyone in Iraq would have any reason to be resentful of Americans or American oil companies. Sure, we invaded their country based on lies, destroyed a lot of homes, killed a lot of family members, raped a lot of women, sent a lot of people to torture camps, took control of their oil, but I'm sure no one is holding a grudge over that.

Especially no one in the nearby town of Zubair. It must be Iranians. The Iranians are looking at the beautiful poppy fields in Afghanistan and the depleted uranium birth defects in Iraq and they're saying to themselves, "Why can't that be us?"

And here in the US, we need to look to our future. We have far too many police officers today who are reluctant to rape and kill handcuffed perps. America's youth need some on the job training to learn to treat fellow human beings as subhuman filth. Otherwise, we will wind up with a whole generation of police officers who will think there is something wrong with busting into someone's house at 4 am and gunning them down.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It is hard to know if it was Iran or just some terrorist groups. You would think that they would have satelite footage of that whole area that they could use to find where it came from. It does not appear to be that big of a rocket. ??????

I am sure an investigation will be done. It seems so obvious that Iran would be blamed, so that tends to make me believe a group like ISIS will try to do it to get Iran to be on their side.

But then again, maybe there are some military groups in Iran that might be doing this. I will wait till more evidence comes out to see what happens. It the US hadn't made up so much stuff in the past, within my lifetime, I would believe it was a hostile act promoted by Iran. I doubt if the US has gotten completely better at stopping the warmongering totally. There are some people high up who love to promote war.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Wow, the Israelis found secret information that goes against type when it comes to Iran, color me surprised.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Wow, the Israelis found secret information that goes against type when it comes to Iran, color me surprised.

OH SH##!!!

Did Bibi color part of his old Canon Ball on that poster board!?!

IT'S REALLY HAPPENING PEOPLE!

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure he has his own special Crayola color called 'America, let me hold your beer while you handle this for me'.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure he has his own special Crayola color called 'America, let me hold your beer while you handle this for me'.

This is no time for joking, it's happening faster than we thought.

Everyone, go buy the FEMA and homeland security terrorism survival kit (just make sure to substitute flex tape for duct tape).

We're probably going to be invaded in the coming weeks.

Everyman for themselves.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

90%? Pffffft.

I would have been all like, 'They're 110% of the way to devleoping a nucelar weapon!!!! They've already dropped it on Chik-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby!!!!!! Your way of life is over!!!!!!!! Learn to figure out which way Mecca is you soon-to-be-praying-five-times-a-day mofos!!!!!!!'.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

We finally got around to dealing with Susan? Bout time. Axis of evil?

Karen is next. She exports terrorism every time she says "can I speak to your supervisor"?

No Karen, you can't. Take your butch haircut, and kindly (not really) GTFO!

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join