It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ExxonMobil hit by rocket attack in Basra, Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

There was no immediate claim of responsibility - but the blast comes two separate attacks in as many days on bases housing US military personnel in Iraq, as tension rose between the United States and Iran.

The rocket hit the Burjesia site west of the city, according to police and a statement released by the military.

Police earlier said two Iraqi workers were among those wounded.

US oil giant ExxonMobil hit by rocket attack in Basra, Iraq after US military targeted

The good news is that so far it looks like no one was killed. The rocket was a Katyusha short-range missile. The missile landed only 100 meters from the Exxon residence and operations area. Oil officials made it clear that oil operations and exports would not be affected.

The bad news is that Iran may have something to do with this attack. If that is proven true, I am afraid that there will have to be a military response from the US.

ETA: This image looks to be from the attack today.

"According to our sources, the team (that launched the rocket) is made up of more than one group and were well trained in missile launching," the security source said. Abbas Maher, mayor of the nearby town of Zubair, told Reuters he believed Iran-backed groups had specifically targeted Exxon to "send a message" to the US.

Exxon workers evacuated after Katyusha attack in southern Iraq

edit on 19-6-2019 by LookingAtMars because: remove pic

edit on 19-6-2019 by LookingAtMars because: add pic and quote

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The false flag is on.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

From the picture, you'd hardly know anything even happened 😀

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The bad news is that Iran may have something to do with this attack. If that is proven true, I am afraid that there will have to be a military response from the US.

If that is proven true, I'm afraid we'll be inundated by deniers.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think the pic might have been taken some time ago. It is just a pic of the refinery. Couldn't find any pics of the aftermath of the rocket attack.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

If that is proven true, I'm afraid we'll be inundated by deniers.

I am not one to blindly trust the MSM or the government, but the rulers of Iran are bad news and a danger even without nukes. Sooner or later something is going to have to be done for the safety of the world and the people of Iran. They cannot be allowed to have nukes, IMO.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That picture is from the Exxon refinery in Billings, Montana. The attack was @ a drill site from what I gather.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

Thanks my bad.

Gonna go look to see if any pics out there yet.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Bullshiite, this is just too convenient.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

That's basically my entire point since this all began last week. This isn't a case of Iran minding their business and the US, out of nowhere, pointing fingers at them. How many times do we need to hear, straight from everyone in a position of authority within Iran, "Death to the American Satan" and threat of attack after threat of attack after threat of goddamned attack before people wake up and realize that Iran is a POS country that has verbally begged the west to remove them from the discussion table, permanently if they don't have a major regime change that knows when to STFU and stop provoking conflicts?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Let's gettem!!!!

😜😜😜😜😜😜😜!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
THAT'S IT!!

THAT'S THE LAST STRAW!!!

lol

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

NOT OUR OIL!!!!!!!

Now I've had it. Iran can oppress it's people, sponsor terrorism and generally by a bunch of messianic loons but as soon as they touch our oil it's time to send in someone's kids to defend it. My sportscar doesn't run on air you know.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Why launch one missile?

Why not launch 100 missiles?

If you want to start a war, then start one!

I don't get it!

Why bomb one tanker, or two...why not bomb/torpedo them all?

Why?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We have plenty of oil here in the US. I am more worried about them having nukes. The rulers say they want to kill us and If they have nukes they can start the end times that they so badly want to happen. Just not a good thing.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Still not enough to start a hot war. Not to mention its obvious that's what these incidences are designed to do. These aren't attacks that is going bring much damage they are there to provoke. Got to wait till its something overt and over the top, then at least you might have other countries understanding and participation.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Why launch one missile?

I don't get it!

Why?

I think they want to send a message. They think they can scare the US into dropping the sanctions. Hard to tell what they are thinking really, but that would be my guess.

Abbas Maher, mayor of the nearby town of Zubair, told Reuters he believed Iran-backed groups had specifically targeted Exxon to "send a message" to the US.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

We have plenty of oil here in the US.

Says you.

I am more worried about them having nukes. The rulers say they want to kill us and If they have nukes they can start the end times that they so badly want to happen. Just not a good thing.

Don't. Don't believe. Don't believe the hype.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Given the history between the two and the hatred that exists between them I would suggest, and its only a suggestion obviously further evidence might prove otherwise, but I'd hazard a guess that its some sort of Sunni/Shia bollocks....you know, the stuff that is endemic and engrained in the region.

FFS, why would Iran be so intent on signing their own death warrant?

Unless....?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Why launch one missile?

I don't get it!

Why?

Dude. If you're gonna punch yourself in the face to make it look like you got beat up you gonna give yourself a little shiner or go all Mike Tyson and break your face wide open and never be pretty again?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join