It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ExxonMobil hit by rocket attack in Basra, Iraq

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I personally don't think we should be going to war over a drone that was shot down, but that's just me since in my opinion there are more important things for Americans to die over.

I never suggested boots on the ground. We're beyond the need to fight in foreign countries personally.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I never suggested boots on the ground. We're beyond the need to fight in foreign countries personally.

The Middle East called, they said you're right and that no troops are there.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Plus side of the possibility we enter a new large war is the sweet taxes that come with it. Back in the day, we didn't have income tax, what a sorry country we were then.

Now income tax goes to insuring we have freedom by toppling third world countries. But gas is cheap, so it's a step up.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Plus side of the possibility we enter a new large war is the sweet taxes that come with it. Back in the day, we didn't have income tax, what a sorry country we were then.

Now income tax goes to insuring we have freedom by toppling third world countries. But gas is cheap, so it's a step up.

Last big war we were in was under GW Bush... and taxes went down. The Nobel Peace Prize winner that succeeded him was the one who raised taxes, and he did so while felating himself over the "peace" he was going to preside over. But, by all means, continue projecting word salads and maybe you'll eventually hit something slightly accurate on here.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Debt went up under both admins, so I don't know what we're celebrating.
edit on 20-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Debt went up under both admin, so I don't know what we're celebrating.

Debt has gone up under EVERY administration since Calvin Coolidge and you never said "debt," you said "taxes." We're celebrating a return on our investment, bang for the buck, if you will.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Debt has gone up under EVERY administration since Calvin Coolidge and you never said "debt," you said "taxes."

Debt has gone up exponentially while at war. Also, debt results in hidden taxes like inflation.

We're celebrating a return on our investment, bang for the buck, if you will.

I thought return on investment was in the form of more than you had before and purchasing power.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Over the course of 15 years, the Iraq and Afghanistan wars added $1.6 Trillion to the debt... Hell, Obama's "stimulus" package which threw money down the toilet on green energy, rainbws, and farts cost almost that much at $1 trillion when interest is considered. If you want to find a boogeyman for why the US purchasing power is eroding, look at the major drivers... extended period of near zero interest rates, overprinting of money (i.e. 'quantitative easing'), and unfunded liabilities related to pensions, healthcare, and the like.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Over the course of 15 years, the Iraq and Afghanistan wars added $1.6 Trillion to the debt... Hell, Obama's "stimulus" package which threw money down the toilet on green energy, rainbws, and farts cost almost that much at $1 trillion when interest is considered.

Those wars cost spending too, but that's a hell of a lot of debt. I didn't like Obama or vote for him, I think he was worse than Bush, so it doesn't surprise me as I said earlier his pro war stance and Democrat programs added more spending.

You won't hear me argue over zero interest rates or about over spending. Retirement programs if handled properly shouldn't waste money.
edit on 20-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
But, by all means, continue projecting word salads and maybe you'll eventually hit something slightly accurate on here.

It's okay, broheim, it looks like you're gonna get your war. I just think it's idiotic, a waste of resources and American lives when it comes to it. Which it will.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join